KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ironfist vs. Mjolnir

Ironfist vs. Mjolnir
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

No you didn't. Because Mjolnir is made from the heart of a dying star and forged by Asgardian and Dwarven magic. Danny punched a regular sword.

And no, not even 1/10 as Kurse sent Thor flying hundreds of feet and broke then tossed a boulder that had to weigh in the high double, low triple digit tons at Thor who he'd just launched a few hundred feet. Danny cant even get a portion of that with his regular IF.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 12:40 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

But Danny sent a woman flying through a door. A door forged from a tree.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 01:03 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Was it...Mahogany?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 01:17 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

The richest of mahogany's.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 06:14 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Don't ever claim there is no proof when there is. If the proof is faulty then it's on you to prove it is.

Kurse hit Mjolnir out of the air. Thus it can be hit out of the air under a particular force. Determining that level of force is the key. I showed that Danny possess the force necessary to.

hahaha

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 11:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Don't ever claim there is no proof when there is. If the proof is faulty then it's on you to prove it is.

Kurse hit Mjolnir out of the air. Thus it can be hit out of the air under a particular force. Determining that level of force is the key. I showed that Danny possess the force necessary to.

Your 3rd grade level speculation isn't proof.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 11:50 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by KingD19
No you didn't. Because Mjolnir is made from the heart of a dying star and forged by Asgardian and Dwarven magic. Danny punched a regular sword.

And no, not even 1/10 as Kurse sent Thor flying hundreds of feet and broke then tossed a boulder that had to weigh in the high double, low triple digit tons at Thor who he'd just launched a few hundred feet. Danny cant even get a portion of that with his regular IF.

Your first paragraph is irrelevant. Mjolnir was hit out of the air with force. Mjolnir was halted by QS and Hulk. This it can be hit out of the air by a sufficient amount of force.

So you know how much force Danny hit the sword with? The sword not only shattered into many pieces but it sent Elektra through a wooden door.
Breaking a very durable sword in two takes a lot of force, but breaking it in many pieces takes magnitudes more force.

In addition, sending a human through a door in that manner that Danny did takes tremendous amount of force.

Both added together is definitely more than 1/10th of Kurse strength.

Note: The boulder weighed between 5-20 tons. My best guess is probably 5 tons or less.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:35 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

5 tons? They did the math on YouTube a d it was in the hundreds or more

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:01 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Are you surprised? We all know h1's "math" is bs. I've seen rocks a whole lot smaller than weighing over 10 tons.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:05 PM
KingD19

Your first paragraph is irrelevant. Mjolnir was hit out of the air with force. Mjolnir was halted by QS and Hulk. This it can be hit out of the air by a sufficient amount of force.

So you know how much force Danny hit the sword with? The sword not only shattered into many pieces but it sent Elektra through a wooden door.
Breaking a very durable sword in two takes a lot of force, but breaking it in many pieces takes magnitudes more force.

In addition, sending a human through a door in that manner that Danny did takes tremendous amount of force.

Both added together is definitely more than 1/10th of Kurse strength.

Note: The boulder weighed between 5-20 tons. My best guess is probably 5 tons or less.

How is it irrelevant? Are you saying with 100% certainty that a weapon crafted with science so advanced it's indistinguishable from magic is absolutely beholden to the normal laws of physics? Because Mjolnir very clearly isn't.

Yes, it was hit out of the air by Kurse. A being who with a single hit, destroyed an Asgardian prison force field. He beat Thor worse than anyone ever has. Knocked Mjolnir out of the air. And tossed that boulder that weighs far more than 5-20 tons.

Again, stop ignoring context. Quicksilver and Hulk both grabbed Mjolnir's strap as it flew by. By holding the strap, they are in essence "wielding" it, measuring their worthiness to Thor. Both were found unworthy, so Mjolnir dropped as it's enchantment activated.

How is that not blatantly obvious to you? Oh, oh yeah. Because it's blatantly obvious and you either A)ignored it because it defeated your point. Or B)literally had no idea that happened because you don't watch movies. Oh, my bad. According to you you watch them once and then go off your perfect memory, lol.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:10 PM
h1a8

How is it irrelevant? Are you saying with 100% certainty that a weapon crafted with science so advanced it's indistinguishable from magic is absolutely beholden to the normal laws of physics? Because Mjolnir very clearly isn't.
It was hit out of the air by Kurse with physical force. Therefore, physical force can hit it out the air. Not any amount, but a sufficient amount.

quote:

Yes, it was hit out of the air by Kurse. A being who with a single hit, destroyed an Asgardian prison force field. He beat Thor worse than anyone ever has. Knocked Mjolnir out of the air. And tossed that boulder that weighs far more than 5-20 tons.
So you agree that it takes a certain level of physical force to do it?

quote:

Again, stop ignoring context. Quicksilver and Hulk both grabbed Mjolnir's strap as it flew by. By holding the strap, they are in essence "wielding" it, measuring their worthiness to Thor. Both were found unworthy, so Mjolnir dropped as it's enchantment activated.

This is where you are making stuff up. Mjolnir, just like any projectile, is always falling. Hulk and QS did not make Mjolnir fall as it was always falling anyway. They merely stopped its forward progression.

quote:

How is that not blatantly obvious to you? Oh, oh yeah. Because it's blatantly obvious and you either A)ignored it because it defeated your point. Or B)literally had no idea that happened because you don't watch movies. Oh, my bad. According to you you watch them once and then go off your perfect memory, lol.

Bottomline: Mjolnir can be hit out of the air with physical force BECAUSE it was hit out of the air by physical force.

Second, Kurse batted it away so viciously that even 1/10 the of that force would have been sufficient as well to hit it out the air.

My argument is that Danny can supply at least 1/10 of the force that Kurse applied due to any of his multiple feats (elevator, sword, or building feat) and the fact that I'm judging Kurse strength off how far he hit Thor and the Boulder feat (less than 10 tons). I just chose the sword feat for Danny to prove it.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 01:42 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
They are wrong! Give me the link and I'll straighten them out.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 01:46 PM
KingD19

It was hit out of the air by Kurse with physical force. Therefore, physical force can hit it out the air. Not any amount, but a sufficient amount.

So you agree that it takes a certain level of physical force to do it?

This is where you are making stuff up. Mjolnir, just like any projectile, is always falling. Hulk and QS did not make Mjolnir fall as it was always falling anyway. They merely stopped its forward progression.

Bottomline: Mjolnir can be hit out of the air with physical force BECAUSE it was hit out of the air by physical force.

Second, Kurse batted it away so viciously that even 1/10 the of that force would have been sufficient as well to hit it out the air.

My argument is that Danny can supply at least 1/10 of the force that Kurse applied due to any of his multiple feats (elevator, sword, or building feat) and the fact that I'm judging Kurse strength off how far he hit Thor and the Boulder feat (less than 10 tons). I just chose the sword feat for Danny to prove it.

Yes, a certain amount of force can do it, but no, not necessarily completely physical. As Kurse has some sort of energy powers considering he could drain people's life force. And he also broke an energy field with a punch. So he might not necessarily be completely physical. But to compare Danny's output to Kurse's is you giving Danny a huge upgrade he doesn't have. Even 1/10 considering Luke hopped right back up after the IF. Show me Danny putting out power similar to Kurse and I'll be quiet. Until then stop trying to make stuff up. Even messing up one floor of a building(basically destroying glass and knocking over chairs) is nothing compared to throwing that 100+ ton boulder. Also we don't even knock how much force Kurse used to knock it away. he could've been using all his strength or only a fraction.

Again, I'm not making things up, you are. Yes normal projectiles start to lose momentum and etc... the moment they start moving. Thor's hammer is not normal though and follows his mental commands. As well as flying on it's own to get back to him if he can't summon it.

1:45 seconds - As soon as Thor is separated by a different dimension, Mjolnir hits a 45 degree turn, goes straight up and hits orbit in maybe 2 seconds.

2:07 seconds - Thor returns to the regular dimension, summons Mjolnir from space and it hits a full u-turn, then returns to his hand in about 2-3 seconds as he's falling.

Even in Avengers, he throws it straight ahead, and after it kills some Chitauri, it returns to him from behind him in the opposite direction.

Mjolnir is not a normal projectile and defies physics on it's own, or Thor's command. So no, it's not always falling. It's flying from where it's thrown, to whatever Thor throws it at, then it comes back. Or it goes on it's own to return to him.

I'm assuming you never saw this part? Because the on-camera evidence goes against every bs calculation you've made.

Also watch this and be proven wrong again.

This is Quicksilver grabbing Mjolnir. Now notice as soon as he grabs the handle, Mjolnir drops. Not before. Which means when someone unworthy grabbed it, the enchantment activated, causing it to become immovable.

I know this is a lot of information you've never seen before because you've never seen these movies, but keep up. At 1:00 minute mark, Thor tossed Mjolnir and Hulk caught it out of the air. And it immediately judged him unworthy so it fell and pinned his hand underneath. And the enchantment is so powerful, Hulk dug up the floor trying to move it.

So both instances of Mjolnir falling after being thrown, are because someone unworthy tried to hold it, causing the enchantment to activate, and Mjolnir to immediately become too heavy to be moved by the unworthy person.

So no, Quicksilver nor Hulk "knocked" it out of the air. They tried to wield it during it's flight path, so the enchantment activated and dropped it. Anything else you say is a lie thought up by you and the video proves it.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 03:12 PM
h1a8

Yes, a certain amount of force can do it, but no, not necessarily completely physical. As Kurse has some sort of energy powers considering he could drain people's life force. And he also broke an energy field with a punch. So he might not necessarily be completely physical. But to compare Danny's output to Kurse's is you giving Danny a huge upgrade he doesn't have. Even 1/10 considering Luke hopped right back up after the IF. Show me Danny putting out power similar to Kurse and I'll be quiet. Until then stop trying to make stuff up. Even messing up one floor of a building(basically destroying glass and knocking over chairs) is nothing compared to throwing that 100+ ton boulder. Also we don't even knock how much force Kurse used to knock it away. he could've been using all his strength or only a fraction.

Again, I'm not making things up, you are. Yes normal projectiles start to lose momentum and etc... the moment they start moving. Thor's hammer is not normal though and follows his mental commands. As well as flying on it's own to get back to him if he can't summon it.

1:45 seconds - As soon as Thor is separated by a different dimension, Mjolnir hits a 45 degree turn, goes straight up and hits orbit in maybe 2 seconds.

2:07 seconds - Thor returns to the regular dimension, summons Mjolnir from space and it hits a full u-turn, then returns to his hand in about 2-3 seconds as he's falling.

Even in Avengers, he throws it straight ahead, and after it kills some Chitauri, it returns to him from behind him in the opposite direction.

Mjolnir is not a normal projectile and defies physics on it's own, or Thor's command. So no, it's not always falling. It's flying from where it's thrown, to whatever Thor throws it at, then it comes back. Or it goes on it's own to return to him.

I'm assuming you never saw this part? Because the on-camera evidence goes against every bs calculation you've made.

Also watch this and be proven wrong again.

This is Quicksilver grabbing Mjolnir. Now notice as soon as he grabs the handle, Mjolnir drops. Not before. Which means when someone unworthy grabbed it, the enchantment activated, causing it to become immovable.

I know this is a lot of information you've never seen before because you've never seen these movies, but keep up. At 1:00 minute mark, Thor tossed Mjolnir and Hulk caught it out of the air. And it immediately judged him unworthy so it fell and pinned his hand underneath. And the enchantment is so powerful, Hulk dug up the floor trying to move it.

So both instances of Mjolnir falling after being thrown, are because someone unworthy tried to hold it, causing the enchantment to activate, and Mjolnir to immediately become too heavy to be moved by the unworthy person.

So no, Quicksilver nor Hulk "knocked" it out of the air. They tried to wield it during it's flight path, so the enchantment activated and dropped it. Anything else you say is a lie thought up by you and the video proves it.

Rule 1: Always use writer's intentions over making stuff up and pretending this stuff is real.

Kurse hit Mjolnir due to physical force. That's not debatable.
Kurse hit Thor harder than he hit Mjolnir. Thus we can calculate off him hitting Thor away.

Mjolnir is a projectile when thrown, not when returning. You have to prove that Mjolnir does act as a projectile when thrown, not when returning.

What will hit the ground first, a bullet shot horizontally or a bullet dropped to the ground? Answer: Both will hit the ground at the same time. A horizontally thrown projectile is falling at the same rate as something being dropped. But this is moot as the argument is about whether IF can hit with at least 1/10 of what Kurse hit Mjolnir with. So I will not reply to anything but that argument (to keep the debate simple and on point).

I proved the amount of force it took IF to do the sword feat. I'll prove it accurately in the next post. Hint: It's beyond 10 tons of force. I'll also prove the force to send Thor flying that amount of distance AND that the Boulder is less than 10 tons.

Last edited by h1a8 on Sep 16th, 2017 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 03:40 PM
ShadowFyre

How is it a projectile when being thrown but not when returning?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 04:11 PM
Silent Master

I see that we can add projectile to the list of words h1 doesn't understand.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 04:34 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

If he be worthy, and projectiles the hammer, shall possess 1/10 the power of a wooden door, unless the cross section is 5x10®=¥©√π

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 04:55 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Here is a CV measurement of the boulder "feat".

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...1827540/?page=1

They place the weight at around 300-500 tons and the force of the toss at 1.02 Gigajoules. I'm a bit skeptical with their rest of their math but they didn't get too far off from where I was with the weight when I did a calculation some time back w/c came up with 211 tons.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...14#post15650172

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 06:40 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

reading h1's posts always me laugh

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 06:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Here is a CV measurement of the boulder "feat".

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...1827540/?page=1

They place the weight at around 300-500 tons and the force of the toss at 1.02 Gigajoules. I'm a bit skeptical with their rest of their math but they didn't get too far off from where I was with the weight when I did a calculation some time back w/c came up with 211 tons.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...14#post15650172

There is a typo where I wrote m3 instead of cubic foot. But it didn't affect the ending math since I still used per cubic foot to determine weight.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 07:08 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote