KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » James Cameron slams Wonder Woman as a Step Backwards

James Cameron slams Wonder Woman as a Step Backwards
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

At least he's involved in the new Terminator trilogy in development, I could give two ****s about Avatar

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 12:49 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Another terminator trilogy? LOL

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 01:01 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

From what i keep hearing about the new Terminator, Some of it's to do deal with why Skynet chose someone that looked like Arnold for the skin mold

and that T3 deleted scene doesn't count

as for Avatar, I'm expecting Cameron to knock the sequel out of the ball park if he's sequels to other movies are anything to go by

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I guess we will never know...

So why call me that name then if you don't know what it means, Dingbat.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 02:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It's a silly comment but I think people maybe overreacting. It was while promoting the re-release of T2 (with the bad ass Sarah Connor), and he only said it after someone specifically asked him about Wonder Woman.

And no James Cameron is not jealous of superhero movies lol. It's just his opinion. A silly opinion, but an opinion nonetheless.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 02:19 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Its also well known what a prick he is, Hamilton and Bigelow have openly said things regarding that.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 02:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
why does anyone even care what Cameron thinks right now? He's barely made two films in the last 20 years and they were both ass.

Excellent summation. thumb up

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 05:20 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Darth Thor
And no James Cameron is not jealous of superhero movies lol.
I'd imagine not, being that the top-grossing MCU movies combined only barely made more than Avatar alone, and the second highest-grossing movie of all time was also by him.

I lol'd at him being a "has-been". He doesn't make movies all that often, but when he does, they make riphuckingdiculous amounts of money. I doubt this will change. And no, I didn't like Avatar. thumb down

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 05:57 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

^ I don't understand why they make so much money, though.

Cameron has lost his touch long ago but guy still acts like he's the shit, which he most certainly isn't. So he should keep his trap shut before I slap him the phuck back to the 80's.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 12:49 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

No one gives a shit about Avatar right now, but it was Loved when it came out. I remember stories of people being depressed because they can't be Avatar's themselves. The hype just died down real quick. But maybe he can reignite it again.

Titanic was also ridiculously loved. I mean it made like another $300mill on its 3D rerelease a few years back. That's insane. But obviously we're not the target market for that one.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 01:04 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Well, I can't say I don't have nostalgia bias when it comes to Avatar, because it was the first movie I saw on a theater and I really enjoyed it.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 01:11 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

No one gives a shit about Avatar right now, but it was Loved when it came out. I remember stories of people being depressed because they can't be Avatar's themselves. The hype just died down real quick. But maybe he can reignite it again.

Titanic was also ridiculously loved. I mean it made like another $300mill on its 3D rerelease a few years back. That's insane. But obviously we're not the target market for that one.

300 million on 3D release!?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 01:24 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Sable
300 million on 3D release!?

Don't have the exact number, but it was something ridiculous like that.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 02:10 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Well, I can't say I don't have nostalgia bias when it comes to Avatar, because it was the first movie I saw on a theater and I really enjoyed it.

Attachment: 9947f4a791bcc54da9685a96ede6caa5172eb8e04b2419a6f90e9c101b074ca5.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 05:51 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
JC should just focus on his shitty pocahontas rip off saga and find better outlet for coping with being a has-been. thanks for aliens and terminator 1, tho thumb up

Given the jungle atmosphere of the planet I'm guessing in future movies the next thing he rips off will be The Lion King. Just cross out the word lion and write "blue alien" in its place, boom...sequels.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 06:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

[i]

So why call me that name then if you don't know what it means, Dingbat. [/B]

Ahhhh don't you just love the feel of a good mystery.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 09:01 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

They made a video game off of the Avatar movie. I can't even imagine how bad that was, and I can imagine so many bad games. I've played Roger Rabbit.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 10:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Lol

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 10:59 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

It's a silly comment but I think people maybe overreacting. It was while promoting the re-release of T2 (with the bad ass Sarah Connor), and he only said it after someone specifically asked him about Wonder Woman.

And no James Cameron is not jealous of superhero movies lol. It's just his opinion. A silly opinion, but an opinion nonetheless.

lol lmmfao. why is it so hard to believe that james cameron and others who put down superhero movies aren't jealous???

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 11:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
lol lmmfao. why is it so hard to believe that james cameron and others who put down superhero movies aren't jealous???

Urm because James Cameron has the 2 biggest grossing movies of all time under his belt..

And Another 2 films which are considered amongst the best movies ever made.

What exactly does he have to be jealous of?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 11:53 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Urm because James Cameron has the 2 biggest grossing movies of all time under his belt..

And Another 2 films which are considered amongst the best movies ever made.

What exactly does he have to be jealous of?

so what exactly has he done lately???

anyways lets just agree to disagree

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 03:12 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote