KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » James Cameron slams Wonder Woman as a Step Backwards

James Cameron slams Wonder Woman as a Step Backwards
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Urm because James Cameron has the 2 biggest grossing movies of all time under his belt..

What movies are those again? I could ue a good laugh.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 03:16 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so what exactly has he done lately???

anyways lets just agree to disagree
There's nothing to agree to disagree towards. You're just wrong. thumb down

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 03:31 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
^ I don't understand why they make so much money, though.

Well, Titanic sort of cheated by playing in theaters for literally hundreds of years. Avatar I guess benefited from making use of new technology for its visuals better than anyone else had. Whatever faults the movie had (and there are many), the film was gorgeous. Probably still is today, though I haven't seen it.

quote:
Cameron has lost his touch long ago but guy still acts like he's the shit, which he most certainly isn't. So he should keep his trap shut before I slap him the phuck back to the 80's.
Lost his touch? Not at making films that are exorbitantly profitable my man.

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 03:43 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Ridley lost it, and now JC, it seems. They should stick to making great films and keep bad films and their editorials to themselves.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 04:24 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Ascendancy
Ridley lost it, and now JC, it seems. They should stick to making great films and keep bad films and their editorials to themselves.

That is a lesson that all of Hollywood needs to learn.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 04:28 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Originally posted by Ascendancy

How exactly has JC lost it like Ridley?

he hasn't made a bad film and Avatar isn't shit just because you say so.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 06:04 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by NemeBro
Titanic sort of cheated by playing in theaters for literally hundreds of years.

All films would be in theatres that long if people kept watching them, or keep re-releasing if there was a demand for them.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 08:23 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Anyway the T2 re-release has been doing pretty badly. A shame given that's like one of the greatest sci-fi films ever made.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 08:25 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

I know Cameron fixed up two scenes in that release.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 08:26 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

I found some of the reviews for Avatar to be weird, it's like they were judging it solely on its cgi/3d stuff.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 04:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I saw Avatar in the theatres one time and never saw it again nor do I have intentions to see the news ones.

I thought it sucked.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 05:17 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

I've only seen it twice, Once at the cinema and the second time for the extended cut on Blu-ray

hoping the sequel to be alot better.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 07:00 AM
Surtur

Originally posted by Kazenji
I've only seen it twice, Once at the cinema and the second time for the extended cut on Blu-ray

hoping the sequel to be alot better.

From what we do know about the sequels I'm not too thrilled. They are bringing back the same villain from the first film, but since he died it will be his clone.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 01:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

This Cameron we're talking about here, He hasn't failed on doing sequels yet, I'll wait for footage before making a final judgment.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 01:28 PM
Surtur

This Cameron we're talking about here, He hasn't failed on doing sequels yet,

Heh...

Piranha II: The Spawning

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 01:34 PM
Patient_Leech

Originally posted by Surtur
Heh...

Shit, I need to see that. laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 01:38 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Originally posted by Surtur
Heh...

Well it is his early work, Still not quite there by the time he got to Terminator and....

quote:
Cameron acknowledged the film in a 60 Minutes segment with interviewer Morley Safer in 2010, referring to Piranha II as "the best flying piranha film ever made".

Last edited by Kazenji on Aug 28th, 2017 at 01:45 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 01:43 PM
Patient_Leech

Well it is his first film and...

quote:
Cameron acknowledged the film in a 60 Minutes segment with interviewer Morley Safer in 2010, referring to Piranha II as "the best flying piranha film ever made".

How many flying piranha films have been made? lol

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 01:45 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
How many flying piranha films have been made? lol

Apparently the bar is being set quite low, the original film got a 72% on Rotten Tomatoes. The sequel by Cameron has...a 7% rating lol.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 01:51 PM
Kazenji

And if you actually look, It wasn't just Cameron involved with that movie sequel.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 01:53 PM