KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » James Cameron slams Wonder Woman as a Step Backwards

James Cameron slams Wonder Woman as a Step Backwards
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But he was one of the directors lol.

From a 72% rating to a 7%. Damn.

Sharknado has an 82% rating.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 01:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Gotta start somewhere.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 01:55 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
How many flying piranha films have been made? lol
Originally posted by Surtur
Apparently the bar is being set quite low, the original film got a 72% on Rotten Tomatoes. The sequel by Cameron has...a 7% rating lol.

You didn't answer the question!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 02:03 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

James Cameron clarifies his statements, In response to Jenkins statement

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jam...atements-176-02

quote:
Linda [Hamilton, who played Sarah Connor in THE TERMINATOR films] looked great. She just wasn't treated as a sex object. There was nothing sexual about her character. It was about angst, it was about will, it was about determination. She was crazy, she was complicated. … She wasn't there to be liked or ogled, but she was central, and the audience loved her by the end of the film. So as much as I applaud Patty directing the film and Hollywood, uh, "letting" a woman direct a major action franchise, I didn't think there was anything groundbreaking in Wonder Woman. I thought it was a good film. Period. I was certainly shocked that [my comment] was a controversial statement. It was pretty obvious in my mind. I just think Hollywood doesn't get it about women in commercial franchises. Drama, they've got that cracked, but the second they start to make a big commercial action film, they think they have to appeal to 18-year-old males or 14-year-old males, whatever it is. Look, it was probably a little bit of a simplistic remark on my part, and I'm not walking it back, but I will add a little detail to it, which is: I like the fact that, sexually, she had the upper hand with the male character, which I thought was fun.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 06:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Someone take his shovel away, please.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 06:47 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Considering Cameron was once married to Kathryn Bigelow (Point Break, K9-Widowmaker, Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty), I get the impression he know what he's talking about re: Jenkins, WW & Hollywood politics.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:24 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I just disagree with his thinking, Someone like WW can't be Beautiful & also kickass at the same time. She needed to be flawed like Sarah Connor.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:50 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Maybe WW's flaw was her naivety but they played it for laughs instead of serious & all moral.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:56 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Considering Cameron was once married to Kathryn Bigelow (Point Break, K9-Widowmaker, Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty), I get the impression he know what he's talking about re: Jenkins, WW & Hollywood politics.

I can only go by what I see him say, and from that alone, I can't agree with what he's saying.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 01:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
I just disagree with his thinking, Someone like WW can't be Beautiful & also kickass at the same time. She needed to be flawed like Sarah Connor.

Wonder Woman more or less for a long time had the good looks of essentially a supermodel though.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 04:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Maybe he's just not liking the entire concept of Wonder Woman then.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 04:55 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah because she was sculpted/created to be perfect. Thats like changing Thor from a beefy God to a 90lb weakling because Gods dont need to be tough and strong.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 05:24 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Sounds like it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:25 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Could be the case. Question is, does that make him a misogynist? I know some feminists who would say yes.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:33 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Could be the case. Question is, does that make him a misogynist? I know some feminists who would say yes.

Sounds like he was, When he was with his former wife Kathryn Bigelow.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:19 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
Sounds like he was, When he was with his former wife Kathryn Bigelow.

Okay, but it is weird to me if he has *always* been a misogynist he'd make a female character such a central part in both Terminator movies. I don't know maybe he wanted to trick people into thinking he wasn't a misogynist so in the future they'd accept blue aliens plugging their ponytails into animals.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:27 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Cringe.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:28 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

he'd make a female character such a central part in both Terminator movies.

And he directed Aliens. Another female action hero film.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 01:17 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't consider him a misogynist. I think his issue is that he wanted Diana to be more scruffy, or less "classically" attractive.

It's close to that weird "strong women can't be pretty" opinion that some people have, but I wouldn't say he's quite there yet.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 01:33 AM