KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Emperor Joker vs Living Tribunal

Emperor Joker vs Living Tribunal
Started by: SithLantern93

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Just because he said it to be canon doesn't mean that it is in continuity with the main Marvel Events. No other comic has proven that comic to be canon. Else, show me evidence.

The ****? Now even the writer's word is not enough and unless it is shown in other comics its automatically non canon? Half of marvel comics would be non canon that way.

Why don't you show me a proof that it's non canon in the first place?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 05:36 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, i'd like to see proof it's non-canon too, because that has never been said anywhere. websites are meaningless of course--or at least no more or less meaningful than a direct comment from the writer.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 05:50 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Originally posted by abhilegend
The ****? Now even the writer's word is not enough and unless it is shown in other comics its automatically non canon? Half of marvel comics would be non canon that way.

Why don't you show me a proof that it's non canon in the first place?

Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, i'd like to see proof it's non-canon too, because that has never been said anywhere. websites are meaningless of course--or at least no more or less meaningful than a direct comment from the writer.

OMG!

First of all. Throughout time Starlin has a fame of getting his content Retconned. Marvel in several cases have ignored Starlin's Stories. So, bringing Starlin's Comics to prove a point is IGNORANT!

Also, It is well known that Adam Warlock's tribunal takes place in an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE (if you don't know that then go and do some research). So that means that Adam's Tribunal doesn't take place in Continuity! It is more of a WHAT IF comic. And everyone knows that WHAT IF's comics are not in continuity.

The Continuity goes with the LT being killed by the Beyonders and then being brought bought in the 8th Iteration of the Multiverse. As shown in the Ultimates and the All New, All different comics.

According to Starlin's comics AW's Tribunal is canon. But not to the main Marvel Continuity. DOESN'T MATTER WHAT STARLIN THINKS OR SAYS ABOUT IT!

If it is canon material then why didn't we saw ADAM'S TRIBUNAl in the ULTIMATES?

Now you go and do some research and bring me evidence proving that AW's TRIBUNAL is canon. Let's see if you can do that.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 06:29 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

(a) i never said it WAS canon. i've simply never seen proof it isn't and you haven't provided any.

(b) you said check sites--i did and there are several that claim adam DID take the lt role. one site even discusses how adam as lt judged for the lifebringer galactus in the recent ultimates series. all things considered, as much as i hate it, it seems it was canon--at least until order and chaos killed lt, again, and assumed his role. now there is yet another lt, the current one.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 08:32 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

There is a sense that the "blind as newborns" statement in the scan below references Adam being reborn as LT. The statement is definitely attached to LT.

https://i.redd.it/eqz7jly1ogox.png

Ewing is a continuity guy and as can be seen with Shaper of Worlds, does tend to try and incorporate things shown in peripheral books. He is the only writer to acknowledge events in Slott's Surfer and the above was quite possibly his attempt to do the same for Starlin's book.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 08:55 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

(a) i never said it WAS canon. i've simply never seen proof it isn't and you haven't provided any.

(b) you said check sites--i did and there are several that claim adam DID take the lt role. one site even discusses how adam as lt judged for the lifebringer galactus in the recent ultimates series. all things considered, as much as i hate it, it seems it was canon--at least until order and chaos killed lt, again, and assumed his role. now there is yet another lt, the current one.

Well i've read several sites where they takes his work as a JOKE.

All i know is that according to continuity LT died to the Beyonders and that the LT we saw at the Ultimate's wasn't Adam Warlock! To me that is prove enough that it isn't in continuity. It is a separated story limitted to a single universe it seems. Until Adam Warlock appears on a comic of the 8th Multiverse as the LT that Tribunal shall remain in The Infinity Series of Starlin and nowhere else.

Besides, the topic is LT vs Emperor Joker. When you name LT you are refering to the Tribunal slained by the Beyonders or the One that was reborn in the New Multiverse.

Either way Adam's Tribunal has no place in this Thread.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 09:43 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

according to numerous sites, he HAS appeared in the 8th. he was the one slain--as i already said--by chaos and order.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 09:53 PM
TheHulkster

according to numerous sites, he HAS appeared in the 8th. he was the one slain--as i already said--by chaos and order.

I don't know if art is a good judge of whether it is Warlock LT or not.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 10:19 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

No that wasn't him. Show me a panel.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 11:22 PM
TheHulkster

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 11:29 PM
DarkSaint85

Is there any proof that isn't writer interview,that it's non canon? Or not just from websites which can be edited and owned by anybody?

I mean Leo could own his own site and peddle his nonsensical ramblings,but that doesn't make it true.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 02:07 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

No that wasn't him. Show me a panel.

lol

what do you want--order and chaos to just CALL him adam?? lol he WAS lt, that's how they referred to him. how about you show me a panel that indicates in some way it wasn't him. in fact, show any of us anything at all that indicates adam as lt was non-canon. YOU made the claim, so...back it up. at least i'm not arrogant enough to claim i know for sure whether it's canon or not. you ACTING like your word carries weight on this topic doesn't mean it ACTUALLY carries weight. you don't think it's canon--cool. just say that and move on. don't pretend that your OPINION on the subject is anything like fact, especially when whatever proof DOES exist seems to support the fact that for a time adam really was lt. seriously though, i've seen more than enough of your theories, hand-waving and ludicrous justifications for this character. feel free to reply and carry on, just know i won't be seeing your posts. thumb up

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 03:09 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Is there any proof that isn't writer interview,that it's non canon? Or not just from websites which can be edited and owned by anybody?

I mean Leo could own his own site and peddle his nonsensical ramblings,but that doesn't make it true.

no, at least none that i was able to find--though i didn't really look all that hard... /shrug

and i don't need to own a site to peddle. that's why i have kmc.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 03:11 AM
abhilegend
Reborn

OMG!

First of all. Throughout time Starlin has a fame of getting his content Retconned. Marvel in several cases have ignored Starlin's Stories. So, bringing Starlin's Comics to prove a point is IGNORANT!

Also, It is well known that Adam Warlock's tribunal takes place in an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE (if you don't know that then go and do some research). So that means that Adam's Tribunal doesn't take place in Continuity! It is more of a WHAT IF comic. And everyone knows that WHAT IF's comics are not in continuity.

The Continuity goes with the LT being killed by the Beyonders and then being brought bought in the 8th Iteration of the Multiverse. As shown in the Ultimates and the All New, All different comics.

According to Starlin's comics AW's Tribunal is canon. But not to the main Marvel Continuity. DOESN'T MATTER WHAT STARLIN THINKS OR SAYS ABOUT IT!

If it is canon material then why didn't we saw ADAM'S TRIBUNAl in the ULTIMATES?

Now you go and do some research and bring me evidence proving that AW's TRIBUNAL is canon. Let's see if you can do that.

This is taking "reaching" to a new level.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 04:30 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Classic and current LT are the same.

Maybe on paper.

Classic LT was the real deal, current is not.

Classic Living Tribunal>>>>>>>>>current LT

Classic LT stomps Emperor Joker.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 06:03 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

"Classic" LT has some of the worst showings for the character.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 07:25 AM
Inedian

"Classic" LT has some of the worst showings for the character.

And by far the best one.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 08:26 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

No

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 12:37 PM
Inedian

No

Yes.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 01:57 PM
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Originally posted by Inedian
Maybe on paper.

Classic LT was the real deal, current is not.

Classic Living Tribunal>>>>>>>>>current LT

Classic LT stomps Emperor Joker.

There is no evidence as to say that Classic LT>>Current LT. Now comic has said/proven that. Else show me evidence.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 02:06 PM