KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » SF Malak vs NoVitiate

SF Malak vs NoVitiate
Started by: Ursumeles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
How is Revan superior to Novel Vitiate when he lost as emphatically as it gets?

The nexus might be more relevant then we previously thought due to this new information.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:27 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

No, it isn't. It just means Kun isn't as powerful as once thought. Outdated quotes that state Kun > Vitiate when the latter wasn't even a concept, let alone a character, mean nothing.

I don't know what is wrong with you people, kek.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:29 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Kun > post Nathema Vitiate. Unless we're assuming Vitiate grew a vast amount between Nathema and the novel then the gap between Revan and Vitiate can't be all that large.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:30 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The author who wrote Kun > any Sith before him stated that quote didn't apply to Vitiate.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Outdated quotes that state Kun > Vitiate when the latter wasn't even a concept, let alone a character, mean nothing.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The author who wrote Kun > any Sith before him stated that quote didn't apply to Vitiate.

Author statements that weren't approved by lucasfilms are meaningless and C canon statements don't get redacted after a new character is created.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:56 AM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

The fact Vitiate soundly defeated Revan, invalidates Kun > Vitiate. Not some kind of way makes a nexus double someone's power despite that being stated absolutely nowhere.

The novel made it clear Vitiate is a beast above Revan. No amount of mental gymnastics will change that.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 02:02 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 01:59 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Author statements that weren't approved by lucasfilms are meaningless

The author is clarifying something he wrote, not inventing new content. LFL's input is not needed,

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:00 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

@DC

But it doesn't. Gaps between characters don't invalidate canonical quotes.

There's only two options to go with here.

Either the majority of the reason Revan performed as he did was Vitiate's amp or it was Vitiate's growth in power between Nathema and the novel.

I don't like it either but if we're going to be consistent with how we view quotes that's how it is. The former feels more reasonable to me given precedents like Luke being too weakened on a DS nexus to take on a group of Sith.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 02:07 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:03 AM
UCanShootMyNova

The author is clarifying something he wrote, not inventing new content. LFL's input is not needed,

@Ant

An author has no authority regarding the work once they submit it for review. It's true death of the author since it's lucasfilms property after that point.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 02:13 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:04 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

So LFL and the author can both say the quote doesn't apply to Vitiate, since they have, yet it still applies?

That sounds like nonsense to me.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:07 AM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

@DC

But it doesn't because there were external circumstances to that fight.

There's only two options to go with here.

Either the majority of the reason Revan performed as he did was Vitiate's amp or it was Vitiate's growth in power between Nathema and the novel.

Or, you know, Vitiate's existence invalidates a quote that was made before he was even an idea? His showings prove why the quote don't actualky apply to him by besting Revan?

Like I said, PROVE, not speculate that Vitiate wss amped to his eye-balls. And please, explain to me, how an attack that even staggered Revan, the person launching, that called on BOTH sided of the Force, did nothing but push Vitiate back some meters, despite being comletely unprotected and all of his attention was on dominating Revan's mind.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:08 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Like I said, PROVE, not speculate that Vitiate wss amped to his eye-balls. And please, explain to me, how an attack that even staggered Revan, the person launching, that called on BOTH sided of the Force, did nothing but push Vitiate back some meters, despite being comletely unprotected and all of his attention was on dominating Revan.

The attack seemed to be telekinetic based. I'm not sure what else you were expecting, considering the existence of passive Force barriers.

If it was a lightning attack or something, I'd agree, but let's be honest, high-tier telekinesis vs telekinesis rarely does significant damage.

Yoda vs Sidious, for example.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:09 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

The attack seemed to be telekinetic based. I'm not sure what else you were expecting, considering the existence of passive Force barriers.

Given that Revan was basically unleashing all of his power here(hence why he staggers backwards as he's dishing out the attack) on someone who's defenses are down, I'd expect him to be blasting Vitiate away tbh, if he was remotely comparable.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

@DC

Canonical quotes don't get retconned with the creation of new characters.

I don't know whether he was "amped to his eyeballs" as you put it or not. We know he WAS amped and we know it's logical he DID grow in power between the Nathema ritual and the novel. How much in either regard is debatable though we know combined they were enough to place him extremely far above his post Nathema ritual self given his performance against Revan. As I said, I find the most likely option to be that DK amped him greatly given precedents like Luke being weakened enough for him to be wary of facing a group of Sith.

Personally, I think it's most likely the impact the nexus had, as mentioned. How about you? No opinion is wrong here since it's all speculation approaching a pre-determined outcome.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 02:15 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:11 AM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

It wss said to be pure Force energy and radiated a flash of light, two characteristics that aren't usually associated with telekenetic power.

It didn't seem like TK to me.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:12 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I'd expect him to be blasting Vitiate away tbh, if he was remotely comparable.

He did?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:13 AM
UCanShootMyNova

So LFL and the author can both say the quote doesn't apply to Vitiate, since they have, yet it still applies?

That sounds like nonsense to me.

That's just how it is. I don't make the rules, I just abide by them.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:13 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

That's just how it is. I don't make the rules, I just abide by them.

LFL makes the rules. If they say it's not legit, then it's not legit.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:15 AM
UCanShootMyNova

LFL makes the rules. If they say it's not legit, then it's not legit.

Very true. But if no comment is made regarding the matter, we can't assume what the author is saying is legitimate. That'd be like some random fan saying their first person fanfiction of a canonical third person work is a valid interpretation that adds extra depth to the scene and then us all believing it.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 02:19 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 02:16 AM