KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » SF Malak vs NoVitiate

SF Malak vs NoVitiate
Started by: Ursumeles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Haschwalth

This supports the stance, that Revan was the strongest force user to come out of the enclave, including exar Kun. It makes more sense as to why Meetra said Revan was the strongest she had felt, since the Mando wars. Would explain why Kreia directly Comments on Revans pure power, when she knows the likes of Nihilus is walking around. The context, of ajunta pall possibly describing Revan's power as blinding would make perfect sense. Duron qel droma was shitting himself at Malak's power.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 06:47 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Meetra was too young to have ever met Exar Kun, Kreia thought Nihilus to be at best equal to the Ancient Sith that Exar was better than, and Duron was cannon fodder, bro.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 06:56 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueTiger1144

Revan was born the same year Exar Kun died, and Meetra was 10 years younger than him.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 09:45 AM
Click here to Send BlueTiger1144 a Private Message Find more posts by BlueTiger1144 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
So no actual proof?

Gotcha.

Let me lay it out here one more time: Vitiate, in his fight with Revan, was amped by a dark side nexus. You are correct in that there is no quote confirming that the nexus amped Vitiate to a great degree, but then you go ahead and use that as evidence. What did I tell you in our last debate, again? Ah yes, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. If you want to start winning these debates for a change, you'd better get rid of the habit of ignoring every single thing the opponent says and countering only with a logical fallacy and nothing else. I might as well twist your own logic upon you, and claim that because there is nothing saying Vitiate was amped to a small degree, he must have been amped to a great degree! You wouldn't want to start employing double standards against me too, now would you?

But the point I'm getting at here is that because there is nothing telling us the potency of the amp, whether it was great or small, we cannot assume either. The degree to which Vitiate was amped, just based on the Revan novel, is unknown, and thus, his feats with said amp cannot be used as a demonstration of his natural power level without making baseless guesses or utilizing faulty logic.

This is where the quotes of other characters come in to fill the gaps. Exar Kun has been labelled as "the darkest power in the galaxy" before growing even more powerful, and also "the most powerful and dangerous of all Sith Lords" twice. His apprentice Ulic Qel-Droma in turn has been stated to be "the only other Sith practitioner who could challenge [Exar Kun]" and "a formidable Dark Lord of the Sith, second only to his partner Exar Kun." That is a total of five quotes for these two characters putting them above all other Sith in the galaxy, Vitiate included. Then comes in Darth Malak with "powers far greater than even Exar Kun" and we have a pretty clear, canonical power hierarchy here. And the best part is that there is absolutely nothing (that I have seen) contradicting this, as Vitiate's feat against Revan isn't valid.

Malak curbstomps thumb up

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 12:30 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Meetra was too young to have ever met Exar Kun, Kreia thought Nihilus to be at best equal to the Ancient Sith that Exar was better than, and Duron was cannon fodder, bro.

That wasn't the point. Nihilus has factually shown to be above the ancient sith. Scaling from Him, backs the notion of Revan in return malak's power.

I know he was fodder.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Doesn't matter. Right or wrong, it's all Kreia's opinion; if it doesn't apply to the old masters, it doesn't apply to Revan either. Nice cherry picking, though.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 07:11 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueTiger1144

Originally posted by Azronger
Let me lay it out here one more time: Vitiate, in his fight with Revan, was amped by a dark side nexus. You are correct in that there is no quote confirming that the nexus amped Vitiate to a great degree, but then you go ahead and use that as evidence. What did I tell you in our last debate, again? Ah yes, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. If you want to start winning these debates for a change, you'd better get rid of the habit of ignoring every single thing the opponent says and countering only with a logical fallacy and nothing else. I might as well twist your own logic upon you, and claim that because there is nothing saying Vitiate was amped to a small degree, he must have been amped to a great degree! You wouldn't want to start employing double standards against me too, now would you?

But the point I'm getting at here is that because there is nothing telling us the potency of the amp, whether it was great or small, we cannot assume either. The degree to which Vitiate was amped, just based on the Revan novel, is unknown, and thus, his feats with said amp cannot be used as a demonstration of his natural power level without making baseless guesses or utilizing faulty logic.

This is where the quotes of other characters come in to fill the gaps. Exar Kun has been labelled as "the darkest power in the galaxy" before growing even more powerful, and also "the most powerful and dangerous of all Sith Lords" twice. His apprentice Ulic Qel-Droma in turn has been stated to be "the only other Sith practitioner who could challenge [Exar Kun]" and "a formidable Dark Lord of the Sith, second only to his partner Exar Kun." That is a total of five quotes for these two characters putting them above all other Sith in the galaxy, Vitiate included. Then comes in Darth Malak with "powers far greater than even Exar Kun" and we have a pretty clear, canonical power hierarchy here. And the best part is that there is absolutely nothing (that I have seen) contradicting this, as Vitiate's feat against Revan isn't valid.

Malak curbstomps thumb up

Hey Mr. Azronger, I don't want to disrupt the party, but Exar Kun was called the darkest power in the galaxy, and this power includes Vitiate when he was nexus amped. When Darth Vitiate would be amped by the nexus of Dromund Kaas, he would have immense power in the dark side, and the power of Kun is even greater than that.
So, no, the quotes are in a contradictory place.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 07:16 PM
Click here to Send BlueTiger1144 a Private Message Find more posts by BlueTiger1144 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Not going to entertain the rest of your nonsense because it honestly isn't worth my time, but I'll just reply to the select few quotes that caught my eye:

quote:
Let me lay it out here one more time: Vitiate, in his fight with Revan, was amped by a dark side nexus.

Not shit, Sherlock. But given even when Revan tapped into the dark side and released a blast of pure Force energy that called on both sides of the Force [thus actually amping him] that he could only push Revan back some meters and not even hurt him to any real degree, the point is moot.

Again, even when Revan was calling on the nexus and opening himself up to both sides of the Force, the dude couldn't even hurt an unprotected and distracted Vitiate.

quote:
You are correct in that there is no quote confirming that the nexus amped Vitiate to a great degree, but then you go ahead and use that as evidence.

Evidence for what? You're the one making the claim he was amped to a degree it redoubled his strength, lmao. As the one making the claim, the onus is on you to back it up. I can't prove a negative, you must back it up - which you've failed to do horribly.

No nexus in the history of Star Wars has ever amped a character to the degree you're claiming here, unless they have some sort of otherworldly collection to said location, which was never stated anyway.

quote:
What did I tell you in our last debate, again?

You mean the debate, where virtually no one of note, thinks you're actually winning? lmao, don't kid yourself Assronger.

quote:
If you want to start winning these debates for a change.

Coming from the person who was universally ranked below me, lel. Dude, you're basically a punchline here, even your sweet Lord Tempest stated you were a photo negative of LeG with your SARS-tier claims.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 09:21 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I'd imagine this happens:
quote:
A dozen bolts of purple lightning arced from the Emperor toward him. Malak tried to draw them in and contain them, but the Emperor was infinitely more powerful than Darth Nyriss had ever been. Malak's body was engulfed in agony as the electricity coursed through his body. His skin began to boil and blister, the flesh of his face melting and sticking to the superheated metal of his mask as the Emperor poured more and more power into him. Through the haze of indescribable pain, he saw T3-M4 rushing in to help him. The droid let loose with his flamethrower, bathing the Emperor in fire. At the last instant the Emperor cocooned himself in the Force to save himself from being incinerated, breaking his focus on Malak. The Jedi collapsed to the ground, burned but still alive, the hilt of his extinguished lightsaber lying on the floor less than a meter beyond his grasp. Almost too weak to move, Malak managed to raise his head just in time to see the Emperor turn on the brave little astromech. A tremor rippled through the air as the Emperor unleashed the full power of the Force against the defenseless droid. T3 never stood a chance. The little droid exploded into a million pieces, internal circuits and external casing obliterated in a single instant. (SWTOR: Revan)

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 04:36 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
LFL has stated more powerful quotes only apply to the time of the publication.

Thus, LFL doesn't recognize Kun > Vitiate.

Can you Link it?, thanks.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 04:44 AM