KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Vader, Ulic and Dooku vs Plagueis and Nihilus

Vader, Ulic and Dooku vs Plagueis and Nihilus
Started by: slayne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
slayne
Revanite

Vader, Ulic and Dooku vs Plagueis and Nihilus

Prime versions for all.

Sabers, Force, and all-out -- who wins and why?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 01:31 AM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Plagueis and Nihilus.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 02:06 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Team 1

Vader holds off Plagueis while Ulic and Dooku stomp Nihilus

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 02:26 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

team 1 takes it

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 02:54 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Team 1

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 02:55 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Team 1, yeah.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 03:02 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThirdReich
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage

Vader holds off Plagueis

laughing laughing

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 06:57 AM
Click here to Send ThirdReich a Private Message Find more posts by ThirdReich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Team one, with medium difficulty.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 07:18 AM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Team one.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 05:38 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say this depends on how well Nihilus performs. If his drain can perform, or if you can substantiate his TK as being godly, his team could win.

Vader would contend with Plagueis for a time, but he has no chance of victory, and it wouldn't be a terribly long fight. Along with the sizeable power difference, Plagueis is way too fast and agile for Vader to contend with in a duel seriously. Things only get worse for Ulic and Dooku. Plagueis versus all 3 would be a pretty good fight, but I'm not convinced he'd win...

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 10:47 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by ILS

Vader would contend with Plagueis for a time, but he has no chance of victory, and it wouldn't be a terribly long fight.

I think Vader vs Plagueis could be arguable.

Vader scaling over Mace per his scaling over Kar Vastor (both were pre-prime when they were compared to him) gives him an avenue of scaling that gives him some favorable comparison to Sidious, While context makes clear that Mace beating/stalemating Sidious is solely down to circumstances, there's nothing that stops sidious from being able to compete with Sidious by virtue of his own merit.

In fact, factually, per word of god, Mace can compete in general. The context of the quote does not limit this to be exclusively saber combat(and mace can compete in a duel by virtue of being an eight bordering nine). Thus we can conclude Sidious can't one-shot him with the force, which would render him being able to compete with Sidious bunk, which would allow us to dismiss Sidious being able to outright dominate him.

Additionally, Mace, much like Jedi Anakin, has hype that puts him in Yoda's general range with there even being quotes suggesting Mace's superiority/parity(though that's obviously not the case via thevast amount of quotes that say otherwise).

This means Vader gets some sort of favorable comparison to Sidious which is more than I ca say for Plagueis. All we know about Plagueis regarding Sidious is that he was substantially below a pre-prime Sids.

That being said, Plagueis has a key advantage in terms of hax and variety. Especially regarding mediclhorian manipulation which was able to counter tpm sid's lightning. Such a tool could likely negate any tk edge Vader may or may not have.

What's unclear to me is how the two compare as duelists which could decide this match.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 11:24 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThirdReich
Restricted

Account Restricted

****ing scaling is such a boring argument. Vader has no decent showings apart from beating fodder tier Jedi and getting outperformed by a sub Ventress duelist in Marek. Only a couple of impressive force feats, none of which put him on Plagueis' level

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 11:31 AM
Click here to Send ThirdReich a Private Message Find more posts by ThirdReich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by ThirdReich
****ing scaling is such a boring argument. Vader has no decent showings apart from beating fodder tier Jedi and getting outperformed by a sub Ventress duelist in Marek. Only a couple of impressive force feats, none of which put him on Plagueis' level

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 11:58 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
All we know about Plagueis regarding Sidious is that he was substantially below a pre-prime Sids.

We don't know that though. All we know is he somewhere below RotS Sidious by an unknown amount.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 02:41 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThirdReich
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Azronger
laughing out loud

Not an argument.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 02:47 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
We don't know that though. All we know is he somewhere below RotS Sidious by an unknown amount.

thumb up

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 02:49 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

No, we know he's substantially below TPM Sidious because TPM Sidious grew substantially more powerful after already being on Plagueis' level.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 02:52 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
>we know he's substantially below TPM Sidious

>because TPM Sidious grew substantially more powerful after already being on Plagueis' level.

???

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 02:57 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

???

He grew substantially after killing Plageuis and hence is substantially more powerful.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 03:04 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Quotes?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 03:20 PM