KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Don't Ask Your Girlfriend's Dad if You Can Marry Her Because Its Sexist

Don't Ask Your Girlfriend's Dad if You Can Marry Her Because Its Sexist
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't Ask Your Girlfriend's Dad if You Can Marry Her Because Its Sexist

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 05:01 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

If you want to show respect just ask both parents. sad

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 05:51 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
If you want to show respect just ask both parents. sad
Who gives a shit what she thinks? Dumb slattern.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 06:11 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

smile

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 06:18 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

People still get married? confused

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 08:11 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yes. Now it is a big thing to Literally Marry your SELF!

The Leftist Agenda is out to destroy everything about Western Culture all in the name of SJW/PC Fascism.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 08:20 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

TBH, I feel like asking for it should have gone out with the idea of dowries. If you want to marry someone, ask them. Simple, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 09:12 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

its a complex issue. first thing that comes to mind is that people are getting married much later in life, and these traditions are rooted in a time where courtship for marriage really did commonly begin in adolescence.

so yeah, "can i marry your 18 year old daughter?" seems like a reasonable question that a suiter should ask her parents, imo. however if you ever confront a gf's father who insists you ask "may i please marry your 32 year old daugther", not only would that be ridiculous, but i also suggest you just run from the whole situation. fast.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 01:17 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Cosmo, when a father "gives away" his daughter by walking her down the aisle...is that sexist?

As for asking the dad if you can marry the daughter, eh. If the girl you want to marry gets upset you did that then she is doing you a favor by giving you a sign she isn't marriage material.

On top of that, I have seen it said it is about "respect". Okay, but it seems most of the time it is pointless. Most of the time if the dad says "no you can't marry her" the guy doesn't just go "okay" and cut her out of his life. And yet if it was truly about respect....the guy would respect the wishes of the father if told no.

EDIT: Imagine that wedding night though lol. The groom is about to slip off the brides dress and she whispers "Daddy said this is okay".

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 1st, 2017 at 01:56 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 01:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I bet Surt has ...."Daddy Issues".

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 05:17 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

The tradition is from the time when women were chattel, and marriage was a transaction transferring the property of one man to another. So yeah, it is sexist.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 07:51 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If Marriage is "Sexist" Why do Gays fight so hard to get the right?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 07:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur

EDIT: Imagine that wedding night though lol. The groom is about to slip off the brides dress and she whispers "Daddy said this is okay".

Seriously, bro. Your sexual fantasies are whacked. Oh lordy, they whacked

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 07:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

smokin'

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 08:06 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Flyattractor
If Marriage is "Sexist" Why do Gays fight so hard to get the right?

Marriage is not sexist. Asking a parent for the hand of their adult child in marriage is sexist. Your reading comprehension is poor.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 08:21 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Seriously, bro. Your sexual fantasies are whacked. Oh lordy, they whacked

Stop judging what you don't understand.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 12:04 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Marriage is not sexist. Asking a parent for the hand of their adult child in marriage is sexist. Your reading comprehension is poor.

So the giving away of the bride...?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 12:05 AM
dadudemon

Wait...wait...

I asked the parents, AND the grandfather (grandmother passed away), and I presented gifts (dowry if you want to call it that). So it's sexist for following tradition of old people? Why? Who cares? So what if your social justice warrior bullshit ideas makes you offended. Fu*k you, of course. I don't care about your feelings. You're not the one marrying into this family, I am. They want the respect of the man who is going to take their daughter away and they want to see if he is going to respect their daughter enough to take care of her. If he puts the effort in to follow the old tradition, he's probably going to try a bit harder in the marriage, too. They want to see what type of person I am going to be so getting their blessing and approval is absolutely necessary if I want to bring our families together.

Contrary to popular social justice warrior belief, almost all men can beat the shit out of almost all women. So it can be scary to give your daughter away to a man you barely know. So they set up these old traditions to help protect their daughter and give themselves a bit more assurance than nothing. Also, name-reputation was on the line and arranged marriages were often between CHILDREN, not an old man and a young woman (I'm thinking of the Elizabethan Period and marriage traditions among royalty and nobles...where these traditions come from).

But what if the parent does not agree? Aren't you glad you asked before you went and caused huge problems? Perhaps you can resolve the concern OR start planning your wedding to not include the in-laws.

Here's the deal: this is subtle sexism. Or, as I like to call it, subversive sexism. This poor little women need your social justice warriors to intervene on their behalves because they are soooo so very weak and dumb and cannot decide for themselves if they want a traditional process with a respectful husband who wants to put in effort to prove he cherishes the love of his life. It's romantic. Some women love it.

Here's a thought!!!!! How about asking the women themselves what they want? Gasp! Who would have thought that a woman could think for herself without a social justice warrior telling her how she should think. Shocking to even entertain the idea that women may think for themselves, I know. (Hint: SJWs just cannot STAND the notion that a woman my chose to be a stay at home mom or desire traditional family values and customs.)

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 12:32 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Wait...wait...

I asked the parents, AND the grandfather (grandmother passed away), and I presented gifts (dowry if you want to call it that). So it's sexist for following tradition of old people? Why? Who cares? So what if your social justice warrior bullshit ideas makes you offended. Fu*k you, of course. I don't care about your feelings. You're not the one marrying into this family, I am. They want the respect of the man who is going to take their daughter away and they want to see if he is going to respect their daughter enough to take care of her. If he puts the effort in to follow the old tradition, he's probably going to try a bit harder in the marriage, too. They want to see what type of person I am going to be so getting their blessing and approval is absolutely necessary if I want to bring our families together.

Contrary to popular social justice warrior belief, almost all men can beat the shit out of almost all women. So it can be scary to give your daughter away to a man you barely know. So they set up these old traditions to help protect their daughter and give themselves a bit more assurance than nothing. Also, name-reputation was on the line and arranged marriages were often between CHILDREN, not an old man and a young woman (I'm thinking of the Elizabethan Period and marriage traditions among royalty and nobles...where these traditions come from).

But what if the parent does not agree? Aren't you glad you asked before you went and caused huge problems? Perhaps you can resolve the concern OR start planning your wedding to not include the in-laws.

Here's the deal: this is subtle sexism. Or, as I like to call it, subversive sexism. This poor little women need your social justice warriors to intervene on their behalves because they are soooo so very weak and dumb and cannot decide for themselves if they want a traditional process with a respectful husband who wants to put in effort to prove he cherishes the love of his life. It's romantic. Some women love it.

Here's a thought!!!!! How about asking the women themselves what they want? Gasp! Who would have thought that a woman could think for herself without a social justice warrior telling her how she should think. Shocking to even entertain the idea that women may think for themselves, I know. (Hint: SJWs just cannot STAND the notion that a woman my chose to be a stay at home mom or desire traditional family values and customs.)

So..when did you stop beating your wife?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 12:35 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Who said he ever stopped?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 12:38 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote