KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Nurse arrested

Nurse arrested
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Nurse arrested

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...4b0354e440a8a3c

Looks like they were actually trying to get a blood alcohol test to prove the driver wasn't intoxicated.

Still completely unacceptable behavior, and I hope the officer isn't thrown under the bus while the dispatcher who told him to make the arrest gets off scott free.. (Officer deserves what he gets, but more so does his supervisor who made the call..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 09:05 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree their behavior was 100% unacceptable. My question though is what if there was a scenario where the cops listen to the nurse and do nothing? The blood isn't taken, and by the time they are able to take blood too much time has passed to determine if the person was or was not intoxicated.

How would the person then prove they weren't intoxicated? To be fair, I have no idea how long the booze stays in your system. So it could be they had plenty of time to wait for him to regain consciousness and then do a test.

But yeah, the officer needs to be fired. As for the dispatcher, at the very least they need to receive punishment equal to what the officer gets. Less punishment is not acceptable, but more punishment certainly is.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 10:32 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I agree their behavior was 100% unacceptable. My question though is what if there was a scenario where the cops listen to the nurse and do nothing? The blood isn't taken, and by the time they are able to take blood too much time has passed to determine if the person was or was not intoxicated.

How would the person then prove they weren't intoxicated? To be fair, I have no idea how long the booze stays in your system. So it could be they had plenty of time to wait for him to regain consciousness and then do a test.

But yeah, the officer needs to be fired. As for the dispatcher, at the very least they need to receive punishment equal to what the officer gets. Less punishment is not acceptable, but more punishment certainly is.

You don't have to prove you're NOT intoxicated, they have to prove that you are. If they're unable to do that then it's not the civilian's problem.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 12:09 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by darthgoober
You don't have to prove you're NOT intoxicated, they have to prove that you are. If they're unable to do that then it's not the civilian's problem.

Yeah that's what I was most confused about with this story. The burden of proof is on whoever is trying to prove that he was intoxicated. Why the cops are trying to take his blood to prove the opposite is strange and doesn't really make sense. Seems they were engaged in a guilty until proven innocent type of thing.

Props to that nurse, though, she did the right thing and was very brave for not giving in.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 12:14 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

That nurse has received several high profile apology phone calls.

If she chooses to sue then she's gonna get hella paid.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 02:45 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 02:20 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Should've shot her.

In the face.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 02:36 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Impediment
That nurse has received several high profile apology phone calls.

If she chooses to sue then she's gonna get hella paid.

I was literally shouting at my radio "SUE THEM!" mad

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by Impediment on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 02:45 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 02:38 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

The attending physician should've kicked them out of his ER from the beginning.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 03:32 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

repeat after me, detective: "would you like that in a pump or a loafer?"

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 03:40 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

"Idaho police reveal patient defended by ‘heroic’ nurse was an officer"

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ing-cop-patient

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 04:56 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

SO that changes what the Nurse did how?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 05:05 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Doesn't change that the nurse did the right thing. Just an amusing twist in the story.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 05:11 AM
Flyattractor

I am just smelling dirty cop shenanigans.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 05:28 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

this is confusing. who's good-guy boots are we supposed to lick, then?

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 05:35 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

For you. I would choose the boots with the most shit on them.

You seem to prefer that.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 06:10 AM