KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Ippo vs Kenichi

Ippo vs Kenichi
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

BTW, I really don't know when that boulder feat takes place, since I don't read the manga. If it happened before he fought Odin I'll be happy to accept it as a strength feat (even though I saw he got knocked out immediately after that, when his strength gave out and Sakaki had to save the day and a piece of rock hit Kenichi wink )

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 12:29 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
The fact that he got his arm broken in a street fight shows he's as human and vulnerable as any normal boxer.

Not if the people he was fighting weren't human or vulnerable. The setting he's in isn't as realistic as Ippo's, much less real life my tiny-brained friend.

quote:
And talking about brainless...

Doesn't that boulder feat take place a while AFTER Kenichi faces Odin? In other words - it doesn't count.

laughing out loud

No, it doesn't.

http://www.mangapanda.com/historys-...-kenichi/112/14

This is the boulder feat.

http://www.mangapanda.com/historys-...e-kenichi/137/5

This is the beginning of the fight with Odin, over twenty chapters later.

quote:
While every feat of Ippo's counts - since it's CURRENT Ippo, you know, the guy who did this to an opponent:

(please log in to view the image)

Kenichi would have killed that man with a single jab. thumb up

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 12:33 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

BTW, I really don't know when that boulder feat takes place, since I don't read the manga. If it happened before he fought Odin I'll be happy to accept it as a strength feat (even though I saw he got knocked out immediately after that, when his strength gave out and Sakaki had to save the day and a piece of rock hit Kenichi wink )
He was knocked out by a rock nearly the size of his head being sent flying at him from the force of a punch that shattered a boulder, yeah. Ippo would have been crippled or killed my friend.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 12:35 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Not if the people he was fighting weren't human or vulnerable. The setting he's in isn't as realistic as Ippo's, much less real life my tiny-brained friend.

Kenichi would have killed that man with a single jab. thumb up

Sadly for you, my minuscule-minded mate, they were just ordinary people with no special powers.

laughing

Not only wouldn't have Kenichi been able to with a single jab, since he struggled so much against an amateur boxer, an unseeded rookie with only one arm (and that was while he was allowed to use attacks that won't be allowed in a ring) he would probably get knocked out even before the ref stopped the match out of pity for him, as he did for McGregor, another fighter who thought taking on a professional boxer would be easy.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 12:45 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

He was knocked out by a rock nearly the size of his head being sent flying at him from the force of a punch that shattered a boulder, yeah. Ippo would have been crippled or killed my friend.

That's exactly how hard Ippo hits, my friend.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 12:46 AM
NemeBro

That's exactly how hard Ippo hits, my friend.
So you're asserting that Ippo hits about as hard as Kenichi's karate master?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 12:54 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

So you're asserting that Ippo hits about as hard as Kenichi's karate master?

As you yourself said, he wasn't hit by Sakaki, he was hit by a piece of rock that flew off when the boulder was smashed.

Kenichi wins all his fights by KOs and has injured a trainer who was holding a body bag by punching too hard. In one fight he faces an opponent with a measured punch strength of over 1900kg (that's more than 4000 pounds). Not only does he take the punch, he then returns a punch that lifts his opponent up in the air, flips him over backwards and sends him tumbling across the floor, out cold. With his LEFT hand.

To put that in perspective:"-- An oft-cited 1985 study of Frank Bruno, who'd go on to be WBC heavyweight champ, showed he could punch with a force of 920 pounds in the lab. Researchers extrapolated that to a real-life blow of 1,420 pounds, enough to accelerate his opponent's head at a rate of 53 g -- that is, 53 times the force of gravity."

https://m.connectsavannah.com/savan...ent?oid=2133328

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 01:31 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bumping because I'm re-reading hsdk, and ironically Kenichi needs to be saved from a large bear by a Ryozanpaku villain master.

Kind of funny, considering this happens after he catches a boulder five times his size, and survives a monsterous kick from Appachi.

I still agree with Nemebro though. And it's Kenichi, he always underestimated his strength, especially early on.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 08:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote