KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Tien VS Dodging

Tien VS Dodging
Started by: Dramatic Gecko

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Tien VS Dodging

As we see in the latest episode, Tien at 1/4 of his potential can spot, move and intercept a fast concentrated energy beam. While it seems impressive he can move fast enough to intercept we must ask ourselves why he doesn't just dodge it? We know he spotted the beam incoming. Could this be more than a matter of speed and perception? Perhaps something prevents Tien from avoiding critical attacks. An old injury? A curse? The crippling doubt and confusion of Chiaotzu's age?

While we know Tien has, in the past, always sought to challenge himself and further his strength, could it be that the years and countless losing battles have given him a defeatist complex. Having been rendered obsolete time and time again perhaps Tien asked himself the question: "Do I want to avoid this devastating bullet of light? Is it even worth going on? Would anyone miss me if I let this finger of god melt my face?" I'm afraid it just might be that the ToP has broken Tien's will to live.

Please discuss.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 04:27 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

He doesn't dodge because the writers were hoping we'd like the dragon ball callback enough not to realize how utterly stupid the entire scenario is. Goku could've easily taken out the sniper with instant transmission, 17 could've spammed his ki shield, Vegeta could have released a big enough final flash to smoke out the vermin. Or Tien could have simply dodged the beams and dodon rayed his ass.. But nope. The writers decided to use this as an opportunity to get rid of a character they did not know what to do with. A character who needs a little more thinking put into him than repeat punch/kick/block/punch animation loops.

Last edited by Dark-Kenshin on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 04:48 AM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 04:40 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Plot

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 04:49 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
He doesn't dodge because the writers were hoping we'd like the dragon ball callback enough not to realize how utterly stupid the entire scenario is. Goku could've easily taken out the sniper with instant transmission, 17 could've spammed his ki shield, Vegeta could have released a big enough final flash to smoke out the vermin. Or Tien could have simply dodged the beams and dodon rayed his ass.. But nope. The writers decided to use this as an opportunity to get rid of a character they did not know what to do with. A character who needs a little more thinking put into him than repeat punch/kick/block/punch animation loops.
To be fair, Goku couldn't IT to him because Piccolo, and Gohan both couldn't feel any energy coming from anyone. So Goku had to actually run to him.

But yea, lets just make someone who can see where the blast is coming from, NOT even tell Gohan that hey guy I can't beat is over there. Nope, I'm going to make my strength even weaker and then run at him and hope that my shadow clone jutsu holds out longer than the guy shooting at me decides to rapid fire at me.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 05:11 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Plot

To say this episode had any 'plot' is generous.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 06:44 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote