KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » RotJ Luke vs Rebels Ahsoka

RotJ Luke vs Rebels Ahsoka
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

RotJ Luke vs Rebels Ahsoka

All Out fight

Do the feminists win this one?

Fight takes place in the jedi-temple archives

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 02:03 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThirdReich
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sadly, the feminists do win this one. The woman narrowly beats the boy

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 02:19 PM
Click here to Send ThirdReich a Private Message Find more posts by ThirdReich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Luke outright admitted Vader would stomp him if Vader was trying to kill him, but then again, ROTJ Vader is>>Rebels Vader.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Luke outright admitted Vader would stomp him if Vader was trying to kill him, but then again, ROTJ Vader is>>Rebels Vader.

That's all Legends.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 03:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Darth Thor
That's all Legends.

is this canon only? In that case, I guess Luke

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

is this canon only?

I thought that's the default. Unless specifically mentioning someone from Legends only like Revan or Starkiller.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 03:38 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I thought that's the default. Unless specifically mentioning someone from Legends only like Revan or Starkiller.

Nobody in the forum seems to care aside from a handful of exceptions tbh.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 03:41 PM
Darth Thor

Nobody in the forum seems to care aside from a handful of exceptions tbh.

They need to start adapting. In any case when talking about characters like Rebels Ashoka they have no place on Legends.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 04:23 PM
Zenwolf

Since Canon has Luke tripping over his own two feet and doubts himself....for whatever reason. Can't really see him win this.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Disney SJW Canon: Luke loses for being an insecure male

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 04:31 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Since Canon has Luke tripping over his own two feet and doubts himself....for whatever reason. Can't really see him win this.

Did Luke not outright stalemate vader in canon?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 04:35 PM
Zenwolf

Did Luke not outright stalemate vader in canon?

A conflicted Vader it seems. But even still all his other showings thus far in Canon haven't been really great aside from like a couple of instances. The current SW comic series from what I've read, Luke doubts his abilities in being a Jedi and all sorts of other nonsense. Which I don't really get, he blew up the Death Star, he should be walking tall with confidence.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 04:50 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

A conflicted Vader it seems. But even still all his other showings thus far in Canon haven't been really great aside from like a couple of instances. The current SW comic series from what I've read, Luke doubts his abilities in being a Jedi and all sorts of other nonsense.

that's a pre-prime luke though.

And regarding Vader, Luke was hindered too. Not to mention the Vader in ROTJ is likely better than the one who beat and is holistically superior to Ahoska in rebels.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 04:51 PM
Zenwolf

that's a pre-prime luke though.

And regarding Vader, Luke was hindered too. Not to mentionthe Vader in ROTJ is likely better than the one who beat and is holistically superior to Ahoska in rebels.

Yeah but that's all we have for Luke up to Rotj. As far as combat goes against Force Users.

How was Luke hindered? I mean yeah he didn't want to kill him, but how does that say anything? Likely better, how so? Proof?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 04:54 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yeah but that's all we have for Luke up to Rotj. As far as combat goes against Force Users.
]

So then, why don't we take what happened regarding the version of Luke in this thread rather than the pre-prime version of him?
How was Luke hindered? I mean yeah he didn't want to kill him,

Not wanting to fight Vader would hinder him I'd imagine.
but how does that say anything? Likely better, how so? Proof? [/B]

Well, given that Ben Kenobi deepened his connection to the force and improved as a swordsman despite rotting in exile. I'd imagine Vader, who was active in shutting down the rebellion would be capable of growing.

There's also Vader stating in a vision that he became more powerful with every step he took away from Kenobi(this is after killing him).

The quote about him being in his prime per rebels is talking about Vader's hatred and given the context of the quote mentions this only changes when Luke redeems him, this would apply to vader with the exception of when Luke is exploiting his conflict to make him good.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 05:01 PM
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Canon or Legends, Luke wrecks by virtue of being able to contend with ROTJ Vader (saber-wise, that is). Force-wise, Ahsoka has the advantage in Canon, but it is not enough to make up for the pretty wide saber gap.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 05:10 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So then, why don't we take what happened regarding the version of Luke in this thread rather than the pre-prime version of him?

Well, given that Ben Kenobi deepened his connection to the force and improved as a swordsman despite rotting in exile. I'd imagine Vader, who was active in shutting down the rebellion would be capable of growing.

There's also Vader stating in a vision that he became more powerful with every step he took away from Kenobi(this is after killing him).

The quote about him being in his prime per rebels is talking about Vader's hatred and given the context of the quote mentions this only changes when Luke redeems him, this would apply to vader with the exception of when Luke is exploiting his conflict to make him good.

Because there's nothing really for Rotj Luke as far as what he has done, anything else is speculation . But you're really gonna go with a Luke fighting a hindered Vader over Ashoka who was fighting a Vader that was wanting her dead?

Ok I guess. I'd probably agree if they had more to show near the timeframe.

I recall that when he discovers Luke, not after he dies.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 05:12 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

[B]Because there's nothing really for Rotj Luke as far as what he has done, anything else is speculation . But you're really gonna go with a Luke fighting a hindered Vader over Ashoka who was fighting a Vader that was wanting her dead?

Like I said, both were hindered. I can reasonably argue that Luke=Vader, I can't argue the same for Ahsoka.
Ok I guess. I'd probably agree if they had more to show near the timeframe.

It would make it more solid, but based on relevant evidence, the argument for Luke stalemating Vader is more solid than the argument he can't.
I recall that when he discovers Luke, not after he dies.

True, but I like I said, prime is not referring to Vader's combative power.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 05:22 PM
Zenwolf

Like I said, both were hindered. I can reasonably argue that Luke=Vader, I can't argue the same for Ahsoka.

It would make it more solid, but based on relevant evidence, the argument for Luke stalemating Vader is more solid than the argument he can't.

True, but I like I said, prime is not referring to Vader's combative power.

So you're saying if both weren't hindered than they'd still be on even footing? Because they fought on even footing while hindered? That seems like shaky logic but ok. Though I wouldn't really say Luke was hindered as bad if you wanna go with that.

Didn't you use to say and everyone else, that Vader's prime was Rebels? I miss something?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 05:27 PM
Darth Thor

Nah that's the peak state of being a Lightsider in Canon. Ben Kenobi didn't want to fight Maul either, and that was clearly his most enlightened and Peak incarnation.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 05:32 PM