KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Wyyrlok III (ILS) versus Emperor Arcann (XSUPREMEXSKILLZ)

Darth Wyyrlok III (ILS) versus Emperor Arcann (XSUPREMEXSKILLZ)
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

With Darth Nihilus, there's two different viewpoints you can have, and IMO they are both well supported.

> The classical, which Mother holds, is that he's an impossibly powerful dark-side creature. This is primarily based on feats and in-universe statements around KotOR2 and minor articles.

> The new, which Sasukedc, Skillz, and I hold, is that he's simply a powerful Sith Lord. This comes from, ironically, other in-universe statements around KotOR2, but also statements from Chris Avellone, the Revan novel, and SWTOR's portrayal of him.

The two aren't really reconcilable. I disagree with Mother that SWTOR conveys Darth Nihilus is a Sith remotely comparable to Vitiate when they introduced his holocron. And I imagine Mother would agree that, if we would ask Avellone who would win between (Darth) Revan and Darth Nihilus, he would say Revan. Or Drew, although he already made his rather clear, attempted reconciliations aside. Or probably any author besides Abel Peña, and I'm not sure that counts for much. On the flip side, Mother can just as easily say, well, we have Darth Nihilus lifting Star Destroyers from gravity wells, which is also true, so it's meh.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 06:51 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

thumb up

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 06:55 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

@Sel: thumb up

@Skillz:
quote:
Fair enough, but that doesn't really change Traya's statement that Nihilus has no control over his power.

'His power' is basically Traya's way of describing his hunger, since the former grows alongside the latter. Same goes for Visas, IIRC.
quote:
Dude's a mindless slave

Not a 'mindless' slave by any means, but he is a slave nonetheless to his hunger. Though I don't see how that could in any way be a detriment to his combative performance when facing literally anyone other than Surik, lol.
quote:
I mean sure, but she literally claims Revan to be the personification of power, like staring into the heart of the force (not to be taken literally, obviously, but the point is there).

She describes Nihilus in much the same way, and I daresay speaks more highly of his power than she does Revan's (growing so powerful he only sees planets/stars, being capable of ending the galaxy given time, etc.) Also, the 'heart of the Force' comparison doesn't really work because, as Sel said, the two are portrayed in very different lights: one, Nihilus is seen as the death of the Force; while Revan, the other, is seen as the heart.

And we're still ignoring the fact that this is all her opinion on the hierarchy of characters light-years out of her league in terms of power, so I don't know why you're using this to justify Nihilus being below Vader.
quote:
The point is that based on the nature of KOTOR 2 and how Nihilus is implied to stack up with other powerhouses, his feats can't really be the only way we measure his strength.

Again, never once is there any implication in KotOR II of Nihilus being below Revan, other then Kreia saying that Revan was the best of her students - an inherently flawed comparison in and of itself.
quote:
Lol. Competing with Surik and co. in a contest where we have absolutely no indication to what extent he used sabers or force abilities,

Yes we do. It's heavily implied by Surik and confirmed by other sources that Nihilus' Force abilities were exhausted by the time he fought Surik (due to the failed Drain and him holding the Ravager together.) Hell, if you look at the actual fight itself, the only Force powers he actually used in the fight with Surik were Dark Heal and Force Push - one being used repeatedly to keep himself alive in the second half of the fight (when Visas was ****ing with his mind) and the other only being used once, in the middle of the fight.

For the entirety of the first half and most of the second half, he was purely relying on his lightsaber to defend himself.
quote:
isn't something outside the realm of RODV Vader.

You'd have a point here if he was at full strength when he was doing it. The guy was literally being 'consumed' by his own hunger, was holding together his ship and being mind****ed by Visas, yet all the while managed to give the trio an excellent fight in a (mostly) lightsaber contest. If this is what he was doing while in a state similar to the one Plagueis was in when fighting the Maladians, he's logically going to be able to perform a lot better at full strength.

Anyway, point is, he isn't nearly as weak a duelist as most make him out to be on these boards.
quote:
No, he doesn't. Dude literally has 2 force abilities.

Which he can easily oneshot Vader with yeah. Though, as we saw in his fight with Sion, if he's going for the oneshot then it's going to display his entire arsenal of Force powers, the main three being Drain, TK and Lightning, of course.

I highly doubt Vader'd survive such an attack.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 08:08 PM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Skillz's opener lost him this debate. All he did was spam feats. He utterly failed to tie any of them to Wyyrlok in any way; he didn't explain how Arcann's résumé would enable him to overcome his adversary. His post was a glorified respect thread, not an argument.

Granted, ILS didn't corroborate his claims about Wyyrlok mindraping either, so that means they're technically even. However, one must note ILS was able to match Skillz's wall of text with merely two sentences. This tells me he is in another league altogether; an entity from a higher dimension.

That means he is at least 4D, and as such is able to traverse time. With that in mind, I do not think it is unfair to proclaim him the winner here. Although he hasn't posted anything that would've gained him an advantage yet, he is not tied to the present and neither are his arguments per his status as a 4D being. He has already proved himself infinitely more than a match for Skillz; if he went all out, he'd annihilate him.

My vote goes to ILS.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:57 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I actually agree with Sel. laughing out loud

But no, SWTOR doesn't undermine Nihilus whatsoever. It is in fact stated that the Sith Empire has been searching for his techniques with significant effort. Voidhound circumventing this is also likewise stated to have essentially saved the Jedi Order. In the dark side alternative to this, the Sith you aid in the retrieval of Nihilus' holocron goes from a lackey Lord to a Darth on the Dark Council with barely any time at all.

Furthermore, the descriptions given to his cartel market gear are all flush with hype regarding his power too.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:29 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
I actually agree with Sel. laughing out loud

But no, SWTOR doesn't undermine Nihilus whatsoever. It is in fact stated that the Sith Empire has been searching for his techniques with significant effort. Voidhound circumventing this is also likewise stated to have essentially saved the Jedi Order. In the dark side alternative to this, the Sith you aid in the retrieval of Nihilus' holocron goes from a lackey Lord to a Darth on the Dark Council with barely any time at all.

Furthermore, the descriptions given to his cartel market gear are all flush with hype regarding his power too.

It actually took the SE time to get Force Drain. Didn't they already have it before? Or are you talking about some other power?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

The techniques of Malachor V/Nihilus aren't the same as traditional drain techniques.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:56 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

bumpedo

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 11:30 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Something something Sas is confident he can beat me on this topic smile

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 11:32 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

lmao

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 12:59 AM