KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump to end DACA as promised with 6 month caveat

Trump to end DACA as promised with 6 month caveat
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It would be nice if Congress came together to pass something for these people who came here through no fault of their own. In this political climate, though, I'm not holding my breath.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:22 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
It would be nice if Congress came together to pass something for these people who came here through no fault of their own. In this political climate, though, I'm not holding my breath.

Do you believe DACA was constitutional?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Better yet, how was it unconstitutional?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

Lol no Rob, I asked if he thought it was constitutional. If you want to answer for him go ahead and tell my why you think it is.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because Obama said it was before he did it. And two, the SC said DAPA was unconstitutional.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:30 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Surtur
Do you believe DACA was constitutional?

I don't know. I've not researched the issue enough to have a valid opinion on that aspect of it.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:32 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's 100% unconstitutional that is why no one can file an order to block his decision.

I bet you not a single federal lawsuit will be filed.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:33 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sable
It's 100% unconstitutional that is why no one can file an order to block his decision.

I bet you not a single federal lawsuit will be filed.

Obama himself also said it was temporary. Now, this first came about in 2012. Here we are 5 years later. Democrats had 4 years or so to figure out an actual solution as opposed to this temporary stuff. Why didn't they?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:37 PM
BackFire

I echo Rob's question, what exactly about it is unconstitutional?

I was under the impression that the President had full authority on things like immigration. Why does that authority not apply here?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:42 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

My bad I think this needs 60. But still think if Dems come together it can.pass

Nah. I doubt they're getting that many Republican votes even in the current Congress which is hilariously unfriendly towards Trump.

Even then if that were to somehow happen, Trump won't sign it and then they'd need a 2/3rds majority in both houses for this to become law. Too many longshots.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I was under the impression that the President had full authority on things like immigration. Why does that authority not apply here?

Bingo. That's how we look at laws and the President's powers, "is it unconstitutional".

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:43 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bingo. That's how we look at laws and the President's powers, "is it unconstitutional".

So you do not think it is unconstitutional I take it. Why is that?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:02 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because the President was given statutorial authority by Congress to block incoming foreigners from entry. The Constitution nor Congress gave him power to re classify whole groups or people as legal.

Again if this was illegal for him to do. There would be a Court challenge. There won't be.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:06 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah. I doubt they're getting that many Republican votes even in the current Congress which is hilariously unfriendly towards Trump.

Even then if that were to somehow happen, Trump won't sign it and then they'd need a 2/3rds majority in both houses for this to become law. Too many longshots.

Let's make some gentleman's bets.

I bet Dems won't come to the table at all and if they do. It won't be more then 30.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because the President was given statutorial authority by Congress to block incoming foreigners from entry. The Constitution nor Congress gave him power to re classify whole groups or people as legal.

Again if this was illegal for him to do. There would be a Court challenge. There won't be.

Remind me though, which party had more control in Congress in 2012 when DACA was passed?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:08 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dems had complete control.

Also the SC rules DAPA as unconstitutional which this program mirrors.
DAPA struck down

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:09 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So you do not think it is unconstitutional I take it. Why is that?

I don't know with 100% certainty. But I'm not going to run around yelling "it's not constitutional!" at everything just because it was Obama, like you people.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dems had complete control.

Also the SC rules DAPA as unconstitutional which this program mirrors.
DAPA struck down

Interesting. Coming here illegally was...well, illegal lol. So was he not in effect saying "do not enforce the law on this select group of people" ?

Wait, didn't he also talk about how we are a nation of laws and how people who "cut in line" should not be rewarded?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:13 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob the SC ruled DAPA as unconstitutional which this program mirrors.
DAPA struck down

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:14 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interesting. Coming here illegally was...well, illegal lol. So was he not in effect saying "do not enforce the law on this select group of people" ?

Wait, didn't he also talk about how we are a nation of laws and how people who "cut in line" should not be rewarded?

He did. He also said he didn't have the power and it was unconstitutional to do what he ended up doing. He was correct which is why DAPA was struck down which is the same program but only for the Parents.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:15 PM