KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Valkorion vs Darth Sidious

Valkorion vs Darth Sidious
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Because you're a retard is the answer.

I am retarded because those points can be easily countered? Ok.

Sorry, but I don't let myself guided by feelings for characters as you do. Half of what he said makes no sense and you would know it if you actually analyzed his statements instead of mocking a member. Seriously, what's your problem, man!? Everyone who doesn't meet your points of view is a retard?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 09:27 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Stigma
You can do it?

It seems Ancient Power wants to do it. Happy Dance

Neither of these characters are my favorite. But these points in Sidious' favor are just lacking context. Same is for some quotes regarding Valkorion.

Though, at least, S_w LeGeNd is a decent member and does not call you retard because you disagree with his points of view about x, y or z event or character.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 09:37 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, just you.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 09:37 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Good points.

BTW How fast is Valkorion in combat?

Slower than Yoda, and his reflexes are terrible:

The Emperor unleashed three more bolts in quick succession. Revan batted the first aside with his lightsaber, ducked the second, then deflected the third in the direction of its source.

It struck the Emperor in the chest, sending him sliding several meters back on the floor.

The Old Republic: Revan

Guy can't deflect his own lightning and gets put on his ass. Meanwhile Sidious can consistently tag Yoda with his lightning:

Then there were only the two of them.

Their clash transcended the personal; when new lightning blazed, it was not Palpatine burning Yoda with his hate, it was the Lord of all Sith scorching the Master of all Jedi into a smoldering huddle of clothing and green flesh.

[...]

The shadow released its power for an instant, long enough only to whirl away through the air and alight upon one of the delegation pods as it flew past, and the creature leapt to follow—

Half a second too slow.

The shadow unleashed its lightning while the creature was still in the air, and the little green freak took its full power. The shock blasted him backward to crash against the podium, and he fell.

He fell a long way.

Revenge of the Sith

“Your arrogance blinds you, Master Yoda,” Darth Sidious hissed. “Now you will experience the full power of the dark side.” He raised his arms, and the Force pulsed as blue lightning blasted Yoda across the room.

[...]

As he reached Palpatine’s pod, the Sith Lord hit him with another blast of blue lightning that knocked Yoda’s lightsaber out of his hand.

Revenge of the Sith Junior Novelization

(please log in to view the image)

If Yoda can't react to his attacks, neither can Valkorion. And if he can't react, he can't get his Force defences up either. And if he can't do that, he's vulnerable to blaster bolts, which are weaker than Sidious' lightning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JddY2R6w_Gs&t=0m45s

Given Valk's inability to not only react, but the resulting incapability to even mount defences powerful enough to survive blaster fire, I'd say it's safe to say Sheev one-shots with a lightning speedblitz.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 09:49 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Btw Nadd, I have no clue what you're saying since I have you on ignore. Responding to me is pointless; no need to waste your time.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 09:50 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Good points.

BTW How fast is Valkorion in combat?

He scales nigh-infinitely from someone who could percieve FTL(pseudomotion). The idea that he's slow or inept isn't so much based on actual inability but on ignoring the context of his fights.

Then again, the entire speedblitz argument is ridiculous.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 10:01 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Sorry, but I don't let myself guided by feelings for characters as you do.

Oh the irony.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 10:19 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by AncientPower
He scales nigh-infinitely from someone who could percieve FTL(pseudomotion).

MagnaGuards are lightspeed; Maul blitzed them; a holding back Sidious blitzed Maul. Thank you, come again. thumb up

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 10:20 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Did you just say lightspeed > FTL? Kek.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 10:21 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Did you just say lightspeed > FTL? Kek.

I said MagnaGuards are lightspeed, and Maul has blitzed six, therefore Maul is MFTL. And Sidious blitzed him, therefor Sidious is MFTL++.

Learn how to read, please.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 10:23 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

AP not very quick

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 10:52 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Lmfao.

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and take Magnaguards being lightspeed as gospel and not at all full of plotholes. Them being lightspeed is irrelevant, when Leneer percieves psuedo-motion as nigh slow-motion. There's a gap there that's so big that Maul's feat, assuming it's actually even reliable, is laughably lower on the scale.

Oh and just so you know, Leneer's sub-EoD!Malgus.

But if you like fallacious speed feat wars, go right ahead. I'll be waiting for you and your friends when actual arguments are going to be utilised.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 11:23 AM
cs_zoltan

>Magnaguard accolade must be hyperbole
>Leener feat is totes 100% legit tho!!!44!

Never change AP...

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 11:45 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

That isn't what I said at all. erm

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 12:17 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and take Magnaguards being lightspeed as gospel and not at all full of plotholes.

You lose all credibility when you say Aryn's feat is totes and legit and not filled with plotholes, but the MG's statement is.

Your entire arguments hinge on stretching sh!t beyond proportion, lying and performing ludicrous double standards. Now I'll await your response, which will be akin to: "Heergh!lmfao PT BRIGADERS SUCK! U SUCK! I iz da best! Listen to me! Also wut is gender?"

I don't think you're a bad guy, AP, I just don't get why you keep regurgitating the same arguments I don't even think you believe in.

"Hello, Starlight."

Last edited by MythLord on Feb 5th, 2018 at 12:20 PM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 12:17 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Can AP please explain why ftl is > mftl?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 12:27 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

This argument lost all credibility the moment Sheevites(Stigma pretending to be impartial) claimed he can speedblitz Valkorion.

You going on your credibility rant against me is pure amusement given that.

Though really, why do you assume I'd afford the effort to make better arguments. When Az invented a scapegoat designed to avoid debating with me, and then gave the other brigadiers a laughable excuse to do the same. Meanwhile the arguments they claim are so retarded are literally rehashes of their own claims but with equally absurd TOR wank in use.

You know what's really funny, though? That this place runs on an arbitrary system of scaling from cherrypicked feats and purposefully context-less accolades. In-combat feats rule elsewhere, I wonder why that's not the case here, like every other forum of its kind. smile

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 12:58 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by ILS
No, just you.

laughing

I had a great teacher. The name is ILS.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 01:03 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by MythLord
Oh the irony.

There is no irony here. I do have favorite characters(e.g: Freedon Nadd), but I am aware that he has weaknesses and superiors in combat.

And I don't think there is any character that moves at LS or FTLS literally. I think the writer just wants to say that their characters are very fast.

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Feb 5th, 2018 at 01:12 PM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 01:08 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Let's run down the checklist shall we:
Originally posted by MythLord
"Heergh!lmfao PT BRIGADERS SUCK! U SUCK! I iz da best! Listen to me! Also wut is gender?"

This argument lost all credibility the moment Sheevites(Stigma pretending to be impartial) claimed he can speedblitz Valkorion.

PT BRIGADERS SUCK! check.

You going on your credibility rant against me is pure amusement given that.

U SUCK! check

Though really, why do you assume I'd afford the effort to make better arguments. When Az invented a scapegoat designed to avoid debating with me, and then gave the other brigadiers a laughable excuse to do the same. Meanwhile the arguments they claim are so retarded are literally rehashes of their own claims but with equally absurd TOR wank in use.

I iz da best check

You know what's really funny, though? That this place runs on an arbitrary system of scaling from cherrypicked feats and purposefully context-less accolades. In-combat feats rule elsewhere, I wonder why that's not the case here, like every other forum of its kind. smile

Heergh! check.

Good show.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 01:11 PM