KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Valkorion vs Darth Sidious

Valkorion vs Darth Sidious
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Nah, you're actually kinda just deluding yourself, really. You happily standby and watch the shitshow your PT brigade friends put on but if I mock them for it by seeing them insult their own logic, then you've got to make your little PSA. erm

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 01:15 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

(please log in to view the image)

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 01:20 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Just as I imagined. thumb up

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 01:21 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Was this all also a part of your machinations to make us seem like fools, AP? Did you play me like a fiddle?

'Twas I naught but a puppet in your grand schemes?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 01:28 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like how wolf is a PT wanker now despite mostly being interested in Bane, NJO and some obscure characters.

AP the type of creature to say you're alt right because you're only centre-left.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 04:08 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
To avoid turning this into a metadebate, for the sake of the argument I'll now agree that Valkorion isn't a Sith nor a full darksider.

He still loses to this iteration of Sheev, though. The Shadow has the following going for him:

• Being only mere months away from his Byss feat, which is by all accounts superior to Vitiate's stunt on Ziost (can elaborate later)
  • Being powerful enough in the Force to turn the entire galaxy into a dark side nexus, or rather, being that galaxy-wide dark side nexus himself, as contrasted with Vitiate only managing to tilt half the galaxy to the dark side over the course of 300 years (if we're being generous to him)
  • (arguably) TP'ing the entire Jedi Order which resulted in the clouding their Force sight
  • Scaling from Plagueis, who can outwill the Force and TP the entire galaxy (quadrillions of beings)
  • Being [somewhat] relativistic to RotJ Sheev, who can dominate the Imperial Military (tens of trillions of beings)
  • Having Force lightning that can bend lightsaber blades, making it more potent than lightsaber plasma and thus able to penetrate Valk's defences (who has not shown anything beyond blocking standard lightsaber strikes)
  • Being able to casually protect himself from attacks more intense than lightsaber plasma, meaning any of Valk's attacks will be utterly impotent (Valk has not shown offensive output beyond or even on the level of a lightsaber blade)
  • Being fast enough to speedblitz Yoda with his lightning, meaning he'd be able to blitz the infinitely inferior combatant in Valk as well and one-shot him (a Valk with no active defences has been proven vulnerable to blaster bolts)
  • Being a far more tactically aware and combatively capable individual in general

All in all, Valk's pretty thoroughly outclassed here.

Lusankya is also only a few years at most after RotS.

Basically by RotS Sidious soundly beats Valkorion in:

- Accolades
- Powerscaling
- Cosmic power
- Telekinesis
- Force lightning
- Speed
- Close quarters
- General combat ability

The only areas he doesn't have a direct superiority in are combat sorcery and large-scale destructive feats, but the former we can infer from evidence and powerscaling while the latter isn't really an edge for Valkorion since his one demonstration of it is under convenient nexus/ritual-y circumstances.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 02:01 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

(a Valk with no active defences has been proven vulnerable to blaster bolts)

Hm? Just one thing, but why is this a slight against him? Wouldn't this apply to just about anyone who isn't ready?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 02:10 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Hm? Just one thing, but why is this a slight against him? Wouldn't this apply to just about anyone who isn't ready?

The point wasn't to compare Sidious and Valkorion's durability, but rather to demonstrate that Valkorion would be vulnerable to Palpatine's blitz.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 02:17 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by The Ellimist
The point wasn't to compare Sidious and Valkorion's durability, but rather to demonstrate that Valkorion would be vulnerable to Palpatine's blitz.

Ah, fair enough then. Excuse, long day at work.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 02:18 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Lusankya is also only a few years at most after RotS.

Basically by RotS Sidious soundly beats Valkorion in:

- Accolades
- Powerscaling
- Cosmic power
- Telekinesis
- Force lightning
- Speed
- Close quarters
- General combat ability

The only areas he doesn't have a direct superiority in are combat sorcery and large-scale destructive feats, but the former we can infer from evidence and powerscaling while the latter isn't really an edge for Valkorion since his one demonstration of it is under convenient nexus/ritual-y circumstances.

What combat sorcery feats does Valk have that haven't been conducted under nebulous circumstances? Also, I struggle to see how he has an edge in "large-scale and destructive feats" when he's always required rituals to pull them off, as you said. Sheev at this point can create Force Storms to devastate entire fleets, and even though admittedly he can't control them at this point, it's still a better feat of pure destructive capabily than anything Valkorion has.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 05:12 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

What combat sorcery feats does Valk have that haven't been conducted under nebulous circumstances? Also, I struggle to see how he has an edge in "large-scale and destructive feats" when he's always required rituals to pull them off, as you said. Sheev at this point can create Force Storms to devastate entire fleets, and even though admittedly he can't control them at this point, it's still a better feat of pure destructive capabily than anything Valkorion has.

Yeah all of Valkorion's alleged advantages are under dubious, amped conditions.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:16 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Yeah all of Valkorion's alleged advantages are under dubious, amped conditions.

So they're not advantages at all.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:18 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

So they're not advantages at all.

I said Sidious doesn't have direct superiority in those categories, because by RotS he doesn't use sorcery much nor has he done planet-busting, but we can infer he can do both from powerscaling (people like Ventress using powerful sorcery) and indirect sources (like Palpatine being able to do Force Storms by RotS).

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:20 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

I said Sidious doesn't have direct superiority in those categories, because by RotS he doesn't use sorcery much nor has he done planet-busting, but we can infer he can do both from powerscaling (people like Ventress using powerful sorcery) and indirect sources (like Palpatine being able to do Force Storms by RotS).

Yeah, I'd have to disagree. Sure, Sheev doesn't hasn't displayed any combat-related magic tricks, but neither has Vitiate really, aside from fodder dopperlgängers and monoliths (nothing that'd eclipse what Sidious is capable of via powerscaling anyway), but when comparing their macroscopic achievements in the field of Sith sorcery, Sidious blatantly comes out on top.

I haven't seen Vitiate accomplish anything on this scale. I haven't seen Vitiate orchestrate rituals that emanate galaxy-wide ripples in the Force, distracting Yoda-level characters; I haven't seen Vitiate summon a horde of Sith spirits from Chaos; and I haven't seen Vitiate cause planetary lightning storms. Oh wait, yes I have, in what took him "great energy" and multiple attempts to transform the ionosphere of Dromund Kaas:

I doesn't take much to figure out who the real Sorcerer Supreme here is thumb up

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:06 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Doctor Fate?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 10:14 AM
Freedon Nadd

Sithisis isn't even part of the Legends' timeline, mate, it is Infinities. Not to mention that the entire visual art is just describing how Palpatine hid his true self and managed to keep it that way and also block the sight of the Jedi through his periodic Sith rituals. He didn't even summon any Sith ghosts. Those ghosts are just for aesthetic purposes to show Sidious' goal to best the Jedi from within by reaching closer to the Grand Plan and the nature of the dark side itself.

Even if you take it literary, the only way he achieved that purpose/feats was through that Sith crystal. That crystal magnified his raw power in the Force.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Tenebrae as a child of ten years, was capable of destroying, dominating and stripping Lord Dramath of his power:

quote:
That day, Tenebrae removed his father's connection to the Force and imprisoned him within a powerful holocron, leaving Dramath alone to wither slowly into madness over an eternity.
- Lord Dramath Codex Entry

quote:
Tenebrae broke Lord Dramath's mind, but not before revealing that he was actually his son.
- Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia

Remember, Lord Dramath's mad spirit was strong enough to aid the Outlander in fighting and defeating Vaylin and Arcann:

quote:
With Lord Dramath's aid, you've defeated Arcann and Vaylin. Speak to Valkorion.

Tenebrae grows more powerful over a century after this:

quote:
The child who will come to be known as the Sith Emperor is born. Black-eyed, heartless, and supremely strong in the dark side of the Force, the boy seizes control of his homeworld by the age of 13 and earns the title Lord Vitiate. He amasses an army of Sith followers and turns his back on Imperial politics to hone his skills in the dark side.

quote:
It took Tenebrae three more years to gain control of the rest of Nathema. Dramath's firstborn son fled rather than face his formidable half brother, but other powerful Sith sought to seize the empty throne. All fell before the dark prodigy, and with each victory he grew more powerful and more ruthless.
- Star Wars The Old Republic Revan

After a century, Vitiate enacts the Ritual of Nathema, becoming massively more powerful by absorbing the power of some of the Empire's most powerful Sith Lords:

quote:
Early in his reign, Vitiate invited thousands of the most powerful Sith Lords to his homeworld, then wiped out his would-be challengers in a profane dark side ritual that annihilated all life on the planet. Even the Force could not survive. The void that remained after the ritual brought pain and suffering to any Force-sensitive beings that approached.
- Nathema Codex Entry

quote:
Emperor Vitiate takes command of the Sith Empire, now in shambles following the Great Hyperspace War. He executes the Sith Council and consumes the life force of thousands of Sith Lords in a terrifying ritual that extends his life and vastly increases his capacity as a practitioner of the Force.

quote:
The pain, energy, and suffering of every living entity on the planet fueled his power.

The Emperor continues growing ever more powerful after this:

quote:
Driven by his quest for immortality and fueled by energy sapped from his victims, the Emperor lived for centuries, amassing insurmountable power, rebuilding his exiled Empire, and plotting his ascension to ultimate rule.

He gets vastly more powerful after this, which makes you wonder how Arcann, Vaylin and the Outlander compare to Valkorion, short answer is that they don't. He easily dominates their minds and can simultaneously dominate them all with the Force in mid-combat:

But then we have to consider just how powerful the likes of Arcann, the least powerful one here, really is. Let's start with the kind of power the Protags have:

The Wrath:

quote:
Widely regarded as one of the greatest Sith sorcerers in the Empire, the enigmatic Lord Fulminiss is a master of the dark side’s most arcane and lethal aspects. The grotesque Harrower assassins are his most famous creation, but legend has it he once summoned a raging storm of pure Force energy that disintegrated a rebellious city of natives in the Imperial-conquered Jabiim system.
- Lord Fulminiss Codex Entry

quote:
"You'd think the Republic would know to stay out of this system after what happened to their people."
- Malavai Quinn, The Old Republic

quote:
"Oh, I've been to many places in my time with the Reclamation Service. Though sometimes, the Sith ask too much I say. Jabiim, Malachor Three. . . I admit that sometimes the acts of destruction we enact, well. It makes me question what we're really serving."
- Talos Drellik, The Old Republic

quote:
"His acts of cruelty and mass extermination are well-known in the Empire. Though few believe them, even fewer know why he's so prized by my Lord Emperor."
- Lord Scourge, The Old Republic

quote:
"Entire cities were no match for me, one Jedi is nothing."
- Lord Fulminiss, The Old Republic

As powerful as Fulminiss is, he's not even as powerful as Darth Baras, decades before Baras' prime.

quote:
"Rewards. Power. Sel-Makor offers them to you. Like the one who came before."

"Who are you talking about? Was there someone here before Fulminiss?"

"Decades ago. A Sith. Greater than Fulminiss. Power was given."
- Sel-Makor and the Hero of Tython, The Old Republic

Yet Darth Baras is ruined by the Empire's Wrath:

quote:
But to prove such a bold claim to the Dark Council, the Wrath battles Darth Baras in a fierce duel. The Wrath emerges triumphant, striking down the ruined and seething Darth Baras. With vengeance delivered and the Emperor's will satisfied, the Dark Council bows to the unquestionable might of the Emperor's Wrath.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia

quote:
"NO! My powers abandon me!"
- Darth Baras, Star Wars The Old Republic

The Barsen'thor:

She fights and defeats Lord Vivicar who is siphoning the power of hundreds of Jedi Masters:

quote:
"My plague has spread farther than you can imagine. Jedi Masters across the galaxy are succumbing to it as I speak. The plague binds these masters to me. Hundreds of them-the heart and soul of your order. Kill me, and you will kill every master I have ever infected. Every one! Shielded or not, they are still bound to me."
- Lord Vivicar, The Old Republic

quote:
"My plague isn’t just a disease. It siphons power from its victims. With the proper rituals, that power can be channeled."
- Lord Vivicar, The Old Republic

The Barsen'thor at this point has been weakened by weilding a Shielding technique six times, a technique that saps your life to prevent corruption in another and has killed those too weak to survive it.

Even more powerful than Vivicar is the First Son of the Emperor:

quote:
"You've never faced something like this."
- Jaric Kaedan on Syo Bakarn, The Old Republic

Who casually hid in plain sight amongst the Jedi Council for decades whilst constantly concealing hundreds of his brothers and sisters:

quote:
The Sith Emperor seeks to shape all things to his will. His Children, individuals infused with part of his being, have been scattered throughout the Republic, knowingly–or unknowingly–manipulating events to the Emperor’s advantage over the years. Above them all is the First Son of the Emperor, a master strategist placed within the Jedi Council itself. Cloaked in the identity of Master Syo Bakarn, the First Son has been hiding the Children from the Jedi for decades, playing a long game with the Republic. His actions suggest a man possessing remarkable patience, ruthlessness and power.
- First Son Codex Entry

A feat laughably beyond Darth Zannah's:

quote:
The only way the plan would work was if she could use the power of Sith sorcery to mask her strength while simultaneously projecting an aura of light-side energy. It was a complicated spell, one she had never tried before. It required a balance of strength and delicacy, and she had practiced it continuously in the weeks leading up to her departure.

The illusion she projected of being an apprentice of the light side had served her well so far, but now she was face-to-face with a Jedi Master. If she made even the slightest mistake, all was lost.
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two

The Barsen'thor defeats the First Son outright:

quote:
In a climactic final battle with the galaxy at stake, these two masters of the Force cross sabers.
- The Old Republic Encyclopedia

quote:
"You managed to defeat the First Son's will? Incredible."
- Jaric Kaedan

Even ragdolling him after he blocks his lightsaber strikes with a Force barrier, an inferior defense to Tutaminis:

When the First Son was defeated, the Children were revealed to the Jedi:

quote:
"It was like the dark side was screaming at us."
- Jaric Kaedan

Both the Wrath and the Barsen'thor grew far more powerful between Act III of their respective stories, and the first time the Outlander fights Arcann years later in KOTFE. Yet Arcann, regardless of who the Outlander was, utterly stomps them in combat:

Tenebrae at ten utterly raped Dramath who can contend with Arcann and Vaylin after going mad as a spirit trapped in a holocron for a millennium. Arcann who scales massively above the likes of the First Son, Vivicar, Baras, Fulminiss or the Protags. Tenebrae proves the same thing again as a spirit over a millennia of power growth that would've repeatedly multiplied, not only being capable of raping somebody like Dramath but raping and dominating the Outlander, Vaylin and Arcann simultaneously, whilst the spirits of Senya, Revan, Marr and Satele Shan were helping. The only reason Valkorion lost was a holocron and the Outlander's will.

Yeah, Tenebrae wins.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 05:36 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

YouTube hates me so here's the link:

https://youtu.be/5u0qwA5XiQM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 05:41 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Literally none of that proves he's beyond Darth Sidious, who was literally a f*cking galaxy-wide dark side nexus lmfao.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 05:42 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

LMAO.

Nothing supports that but massive stretching. Though here's the problem, you talk about galaxy scale effects and yet those who are insignificant next to Tenebrae had the power to terraform planets and turn over a trillion people incurably insane, passively.

Your argument is solely based on an absence of evidence argument. I'm making genuine in-combat feats arguments that indicate a level of power for ten year old Tenebrae that lesser-to-mid tier Banite Sith wouldn't accomplish. The level of sheer scaling that Tenebrae gets AT TEN YEARS OLD, over city busters and people with galaxy-wide concealment feats, is actually so beyond ridiculous that it's as insurmountable as his power is described to be.

Tenebrae @ 10 >> Dramath ~ Arcann >> KOTFE ACT VIII Outlander > KOTFE ACT V Outlander > KOTFE ACT 3 Outlander > SoR Outlander > Dread War Outlander > Makeb Outlander > Ilum Outlander > Act III Outlander >> Darth Baras >> Fulminiss OR First Son > Vivicar

Last edited by AncientPower on Feb 8th, 2018 at 05:57 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 05:50 AM