KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Valkorion vs Darth Plagueis

Valkorion vs Darth Plagueis
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

Wouldn't a champion of light, be a Jedi? Seems to me it's like the same thing, a Jedi can be considered a champion of the light. Not really see how that quote is specific.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 02:48 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Why is this champion of the light nonsense still being peddled?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
Why is this champion of the light nonsense still being peddled?

This whole notion isn't needed anyway.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 06:40 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by slayne

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Have you ever debated SW on another forum before? You remind me strongly of a certain PT supporter over on Comic Vine.
[/B]

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It's not lotl

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 08:04 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I suppose Meetra Surik was also an Anakin-esque being?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 08:06 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I suppose Meetra Surik was also an Anakin-esque being?

Same with Nihilus, and all those mini nihilus's Revan trained.

Revan>Chosen one confirmed.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 09:15 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by The_Tempest
That's what I thought you'd cite. Anything more definitive than Revan's... opinion? erm

Revan and *Scrouge*.

Revan, while hardly infallible, has as deep an understanding of the Force and its working as nearly anyone else in the Star Wars mythos, to the point he could do the impossible and balance for the light and the dark sides or the Force.

I'd say his opinion on the matter holds pretty high degree weight.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Am I the only one that doesn't get this whole "Revan and balance of the force" thing?...What the hell does this mean?

He uses both sides?...Why is this special exactly when other Users can also use dark or light side abilities? It's also not like Revan didn't fall to the dark side and then come back and whatever, so to say he used both without any harm to his physiology is dumb because he clearly did.

Soo...what am I missing here?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

I'm specifically talking about his balance of the Force attack in which, he uses the Force, in it's "purest" form, kek

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
I'm specifically talking about his balance of the Force attack in which, he uses the Force, in it's "purest" form, kek

Well I'm not talking about that. What I'm talking about, is this using both sides crap that everyone always seems to tout for Revan when...what the hell is so special about it?

Last edited by Zenwolf on Sep 6th, 2017 at 10:13 PM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 10:09 PM
slayne
Revanite

Originally posted by The_Tempest
That's what I thought you'd cite. Anything more definitive than Revan's... opinion? erm

Yep.

Scourge was shown a vision by the Force itself (as he watched Revan getting shitstomped by the Emperor, naturally) of Vitiate lying dead at the hands of a powerful Jedi, and it was from this vision that he was able to identify the HoT on Quesh. This goes hand in hand with what Revan prophesized about the champion spawned by the Force who would bring Vitiate to justice, as evidenced by this quote:
quote:
In that time, much could happen. Revan had spoken of another champion who would rise; Scourge had seen that champion in his final vision. Blessed with eternal life, Scourge would serve faithfully at the Emperor’s side, biding his time as he waited for that champion to emerge from the mists of time. While serving, he would study the Emperor. He would learn everything about him. He would come to understand his strengths and weaknesses so that when the time came, he could help Revan’s prophesied champion destroy the Emperor once and for all.

All the available evidence points to the HoTlander being the Force-spawned being Revan spoke of whose entire destiny was to bring Vitiate to justice.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 10:28 PM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Ask that question to someone who actually uses that assertion as a strong point for Revan, lal.

For the ones that do use it as an argument, I guess it makes him "better", in their eyes, since he retains the discipline of the Jedi, while not being afraid to release his powers in the most nefarious ways, thus, making him the best of both worlds. Or, in other words - he is not restricted or corrupted by either dogma as he uses the Force as he sees fit, rather than pigeon holing them into separate niches.

Edt: Ninja'ed. That was for Zen.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Sep 6th, 2017 at 10:35 PM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 10:31 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Ask that question to someone who actually uses that assertion as a strong point for Revan, lal.

For the ones that do use it as an argument, I guess it makes him "better", in their eyes, since he retains the discipline of the Jedi, while not being afraid to release his powers in the most nefarious ways, thus, making him the best of both worlds. Or, in other words - he is not restricted or corrupted by either dogma as he uses the Force as he sees fit, rather than pigeon holing them into separate niches.

Edt: Ninja'ed. That was for Zen.

Yet he clearly was corrupted by the dark side, since he became Darth Revan, since the dark side was within him, so he wasn't like a perfect being either.

Though my question was more a general one, it wasn't to you specifically. Well my first post was, wasn't trying to drag you into it..although I wouldn't wanna go off topic here, so moving on.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 11:06 PM
Haschwalth

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Yet he clearly was corrupted by the dark side, since he became Darth Revan, since the dark side was within him, so he wasn't like a perfect being either.

Though my question was more a general one, it wasn't to you specifically. Well my first post was, wasn't trying to drag you into it..although I wouldn't wanna go off topic here, so moving on.

The point was that he was redeemed, and reached a point where he could draw on the dual philosophies, and see things that the jedi sith had blinded themselves to, it is sort of was an inspiration for Valkorian.

Darth Gravid, tried to introduced the light within the RoT and Went insane. It shows, the amount of will one is needed to have.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 05:47 AM