KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Female hurricanes are deadlier than male hurricanes, study says

Female hurricanes are deadlier than male hurricanes, study says
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
then why does this article "amuse" you so? what is it that you find so worthy of ridicule? explain. smile

The premise, the way they named the article. The fact it's already been debunked. Take your pick.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Female hurricanes are deadlier than male hurricanes, study says

you clearly had no idea of what the article was really about. could have been easily construed if you read the first paragraph, but you knee-jerked at the headline as usual. cry harder tho. smile

^ B!NGO

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well Bash said it and then Rob Bingo'ed him. Damn.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Thanks CNN for keeping me informed about the latest in scientific experiments:

Female hurricanes are deadlier than male hurricanes, study says

thumb up

Originally posted by Robtard
Another instance where Surtur only read the title and not the story before kneejerking. Will he ever learn.

What in his OP suggested he didn't read the article or had an opinion on the study? All he said was

"Thanks CNN for keeping me informed about the latest in scientific experiments."

From that short post and after reading the article myself I can say he did in fact read the article and saw there was a study done. He was being sarcastic in his post pointing out how CNN felt the need to give us erroneous news about sexism in categorizing storms.

Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

The premise,

the "premise" is data which suggests a relative lack of preparedness for hurricanes with female names. what is so ridiculous about that?

the way they named the article.

that's a confession. you mean "the sneaky way they named it", tricking you into knee-jerking and barking at a non-issue.

The fact it's already been debunked.

it has been challenged, not debunked. challenging a hypothesis is part of the scientific method, so that is very telling...just as telling as your inadvertent confession that you reacted to a headline without reading the context...again! how humiliating for you!

Take your pick.

i'll go with "#triggered by headlines"

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sable
What in his OP suggested he didn't read the article or had an opinion on the study? All he said was

"Thanks CNN for keeping me informed about the latest in scientific experiments."

From that sort post and after reading the article myself I can say he did in fact read the article and saw there was a study done. He was being sarcastic in his post pointing out how CNN felt the need to give us erroneous news about sexism in categorizing storms.

Indeed, they justified their interpretation of the data by saying their experiments back it up. Granted, the experiments were just asking them stuff like to predict the intensity of a hurricane based on the name, but yeah.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

the "premise" is data which suggests a relative lack of preparedness for hurricanes with female names. what is so ridiculous about that?

that's a confession. you mean "the sneaky way they named it", tricking you into knee-jerking and barking at a non-issue.

it has been challenged, not debunked. challenging a hypothesis is part of the scientific method, so that is very telling...just as telling as your inadvertent confession that you reacted to a headline without reading the context...again! how humiliating for you!

Lol dude, how sad are you? I didn't confess I overreacted to the headline. I said one of the amusing things about this was the headline. This doesn't mean I didn't read the article.

I also linked to something that more or less debunks it, but okay lol. You clearly want to find anything to claim I am triggered over this, gotcha.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:25 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

From that short post and after reading the article myself I can say he did in fact read the article and saw there was a study done. He was being sarcastic in his post pointing out how CNN felt the need to give us erroneous news about sexism in categorizing storms.

Surtur's previous behavior.

Disagreed.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

What in his OP suggested he didn't read the article or had an opinion on the study? .

There is that....

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:26 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob how is "Thanks CNN for keeping me informed about the latest in scientific experiments" a knee jerk reaction?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:27 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Robbie is just amazed at the new scientific evidence that proves that Hurricanes are capable of TRANSGENDERING!

This is great news.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:29 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob how is "Thanks CNN for keeping me informed about the latest in scientific experiments" a knee jerk reaction?

It is pointless asking them to explain. They got triggered quite easily over this, and now have to pretend like the opposite happened lol.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
There is that....

The hilarious thing is the title is funny because of the article. The article is about the preparation of humans in the face of hurricanes with female names.

The study does not at all say what CNN says in the title of their article about it. How is that not funny? laughing

EDIT: On top of that, it is also how the scientists named their study lol. Their own actual study does not show what their name suggests.

Makes you wonder why they decided to frame it that way...

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 5th, 2017 at 06:36 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:33 PM
Flyattractor

Robbie and Bashy could use some Preparation H for all their triggered # holes.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It just seems like a strange thing to name your study considering what the study says lol.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:37 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

To go one step further and talk about the actual article, remember at one point it says this:

"Researchers backed up their claims with death rates from U.S. hurricanes from 1950 to 2012."

But as the article also says all hurricanes had female names until 1979. The data is the real key here, not their shitty experiments.

29 out of those 62 years they are using had nothing but female named hurricanes.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 5th, 2017 at 06:43 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:40 PM
Flyattractor

Strange is just how Leftist operate.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:41 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

This whole article appears to be fake news.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:44 PM
Flyattractor

Well it is a CNN Article.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:48 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean to be fair they also do include a part from a guy who disagrees with the study, but then they also include the part about the experiments done. For me, I would want to go by the data more than anything else. The data is already deeply tainted because it covers 62 years even though for 29 of those you had zero hurricanes with male names.

I also feel like the way hurricanes have been recently covered(even before Harvey) that people aren't going to be under prepared due to the name of the hurricane.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 06:50 PM