KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 2017 Hurricane Season thread (Updated)

2017 Hurricane Season thread (Updated)
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
No, I was looking past what you said and disagreeing with your assessment that "all is fine, nothing to see here" type of thinking when it comes to the environment, as we've done this dance before. Sorry, should have been more clear.

Making environmental concerns a Left Vs Right thing is wrong from both sides.

My assessment isn't "all is fine, nothing to see here", it's that the onus rests upon those trying to alter my behavior to prove that I need to change. If they can't conclusively prove that, they have no right to expect me to change in a way that negatively impacts my life.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 07:33 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

TBF, we've done this before; you're very stubborn. Just look at your views on smoking as example, it seems until you get some sickness, smoking is fine when everything to the contrary/logic tells you that inhaling toxic fumes into your lungs is the opposite of healthy.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 08:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So when did you Develop this Anti Free Will Elitist Opinion exactly Robbie?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 08:30 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

TBF, we've done this before; you're very stubborn. Just look at your views on smoking as example, it seems until you get some sickness, smoking is fine when everything to the contrary/logic tells you that inhaling toxic fumes into your lungs is the opposite of healthy.

No I fully accept that smoking is bad for me, I just don't care. I 100% believe that fun is more important than longevity. Even after I finally get cancer I'm still not going to quit. And don't think that I'monly saying that because the likelyhood only exists as some far off prospect for me, my grandfather died from black lung disease in his 60s and my dad died from a tumor in his esophagus in his 40s and I'm almost 37. Even my grandmother who never smoked in her life died from breast cancer so I have no doubt that I have a massive succeptability and that my time is rapidly approaching. But the thing is that this world is a crappy, miserable place so when you get right down to it I'm actually looking forward to departing it and therefor have no inclination to slow the process. I'm not even doing chemo or anything like that when I get it, I'm just gonna let it roll right over me. Life in general sucks on so many levels that as far as I'm concerned I might as well just milk all the fun out of it that I can and avoid anything that makes my day to day existence any worse than it absolutely has to be.

Last edited by darthgoober on Sep 12th, 2017 at 08:45 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 08:42 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by darthgoober
No I fully accept that smoking is bad for me, I just don't care. I 100% believe that fun is more important than longevity. Even after I finally get cancer I'm still not going to quit. And don't think that I'monly saying that because the likelyhood only exists as some far off prospect for me, my grandfather died from black lung disease in his 60s and my dad died from a tumor in his esophagus in his 40s and I'm almost 37. Even my grandmother who never smoked in her life died from breast cancer so I have no doubt that I have a massive succeptability and that my time is rapidly approaching. But the thing is that this world is a crappy, miserable place so when you get right down to it I'm actually looking forward to departing it and therefor have no inclination to slow the process. I'm not even doing chemo or anything like that when I get it, I'm just gonna let it roll right over me. Life in general sucks on so many levels that as far as I'm concerned I might as well just milk all the fun out of it that I can and avoid anything that makes my day to day existence any worse than it absolutely has to be.

^ That's a sad post and I feel for ya

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 08:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

^ That's a sad post and I feel for ya

The saddest thing is that it actually might not work. My biggest fear is that I might still somehow live to be 100. I get almost no exercise, eat like a 10 year old who's home alone for the first time, smoke like a chimney, lived in a house with black mold, and spent nearly 20 years partaking in every illeal substance I could get my hands on in great abundance, but I'm still super healthy. I only even get sick once every 3 years or so and it never last more than a day or two. I honestly think that scientists might be able to use my blood/antibodies to create some miracle cures if they were smart enough to actually take a close look at me.

Last edited by darthgoober on Sep 12th, 2017 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:00 PM
Flyattractor

Enjoy that life style for as long as you can....because at some point Robbie's political Side will win and then you will no longer be allowed to make those life style choices for your self....FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:03 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The saddest thing is that it actually might not work. My biggest fear is that I might still somehow live to be 100. I get almost no exercise, eat like a 10 year old who's home alone for the first time, smoke like a chimney, lived in a house with black mold, and spent nearly 20 years partaking in every illeal substance I could get my hands on in great abundance, but I'm still super healthy. I only even get sick once every 3 years or so and it never last more than a day or two. I honestly think that scientists might be able to use my blood/antibodies to create some miracle cures if they were smart enough to actually take a close look at me.

Likely your genetics coupled with your relatively young age, as you get older, your body will very likely have a harder time coping with the abuse you're throwing at it.

Anyhow, maybe look into getting some help, so you don't have this downtrodden and self-harming outlook on life.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:08 PM
darthgoober

Likely your genetics coupled with your relatively young age, as you get older, your body will very likely have a harder time coping with the abuse you're throwing at it.

Anyhow, maybe look into getting some help, so you don't have this downtrodden and self-harming outlook on life.

I've been seeing shrink's/counselors for over 3 years, but seem to be immune to every anti depressant they throw at me. Now we've started branching into the anti psychotics but still no luck yet. I've been this way since I was pretty young and likely have a form of autism so I doubt they'll ever find anything that actually works on me.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:10 PM
darthgoober

Btw, if anyone out there happens to be(or knows) a medical scientist and would like to run some tests on me and such in case I do have miracle blood or something like that I'm totally open to it. I'll charge if my blood is some big cure, but not very much cause I don't want to be rich so much as I want to be stress free big grin

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:14 PM
Flyattractor

I think it would be a good scientific study to find out the reason for why you felt the need to share all that personal info with the rest of the board.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:18 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I think it would be a good scientific study to find out the reason for why you felt the need to share all that personal info with the rest of the board.

I'm a very open person...

Also I'm a narcissist and thrive on personal attention lol

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:23 PM
Flyattractor

Science!!!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:25 PM
Afro Cheese

Disagreed, I also see a massive flaw in making climate change concerns and pollution problems a Right Vs Left thing. The planet does not care about your political leanings.

Look at it this way, you being on the Right or Right-leaning isn't going to stop you from getting sick or dying due to contaminated water and polluted air quality. ie "I'm on the Right!" isn't a shield.
I agree. The politicization of climate change is really ****ed up. There is an area of discussion that is open to political debate: what exactly to do about climate change. The two parties should be competing to come up with better solutions for the problem, not arguing about whether the problem exists in the first place. But the fact that we waste so much time just trying to convince half the population that this is an issue worth taking seriously is unnerving, to say the least.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:31 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

So since they're connected, it IS valid for people on the right for people on the right to point to weather stability as proof that climate change isn't really an issue? I mean at least as valid as such arguements to the contrary?

Are there actual people who say climate isn't changing? I've heard that some claim that the change is not because of human actions, but that it is indeed happening (for natural reasons).

In that case, the current weather and it's relation to climate is beyond the point.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:33 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I agree. The politicization of climate change is really ****ed up. There is an area of discussion that is open to political debate: what exactly to do about climate change. The two parties should be competing to come up with better solutions for the problem, not arguing about whether the problem exists in the first place. But the fact that we waste so much time just trying to convince half the population that this is an issue worth taking seriously is unnerving, to say the least.

Yeah but the argument still exists because the "problem" hasn't actually been proven conclusively.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:35 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Bentley
Are there actual people who say climate isn't changing? I've heard that some claim that the change is not because of human actions, but that it is indeed happening (for natural reasons).

In that case, the current weather and it's relation to climate is beyond the point.

There are. I'm not really one of them, but from what I've seen some do exist.

Oh I'm not bringing up the weather to actually support a side, just to point out the hypocrisy of staunch supporters of the idea. They seem to have a very "if she floats she's witch" kind of mentality in regards to evidence.

Last edited by darthgoober on Sep 12th, 2017 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:37 PM
Bentley
Seitei

There are. I'm not really one of them, but from what I've seen some do exist.

There are people who think that mass murder gives you virgin wives in the afterlife and that dinosaurs are a ploy for a pandimensional super-being, people really believe in whatever they want.

But I assume you mean there is people with some sort of credentials believing this.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:39 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Bentley

A problem most have with "Climate Change" is how the Left Side of the Political Spectrum use it as an excuse to force their other political views down the throats of every one regardless of the facts or opinions.

aka Acting like Fascists.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:40 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Flyattractor
A problem most have with "Climate Change" is how the Left Side of the Political Spectrum use it as an excuse to force their other political views down the throats of every one regardless of the facts or opinions.

aka Acting like Fascists.

You don't have to convince me that political speech in the US is terribly rigged, I'm well aware of its nonsense.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2017 09:42 PM