KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Padawan Anakin vs Youngling Maul

Padawan Anakin vs Youngling Maul
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Padawan Anakin vs Youngling Maul

(please log in to view the image)

VS

(please log in to view the image)

28 BBY Anakin vs 44 BBY Maul

» Legends feats
» Both are equipped with weapons pictured. Assume the electro staff is light-saber resistant.
» Takes place on neutral ground

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 04:16 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Not really sure there is much for Maul at this point in time, he went to the assassin academy on Orsis for training, but before this he was struggling with his droid teacher TD-D9 who moved faster than he could keep up with. He only just discovered his power and started training.

At the academy he then had issues with a senior cadet, though eventually beating him.

Anakin I believe has the edge overall in both Force proficiency and fighting, he was overall better than his fellow peers at the time and as a Padawan he at least mastered Form 1 and has been on a few missions.

I mean Maul's ferocity can be an edge perhaps, but I'm not entirely sure with that given at this point in time where he is, it might not be enough.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Sep 7th, 2017 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Not really sure there is much for Maul at this point in time, he went to the assassin academy on Orsis for training, but before this he was struggling with his droid teacher TD-D9 who moved faster than he could keep up with. He only just discovered his power and started training.
That's when he was 3 years old. He's 10 in this thread.

Would need to brush up on my pre-TPM Maul for this thread, but growing up, he not only dominated a lot of the other students at Orsis, but was a champion gladiator accoladed with killing some of the deadliest individuals in the galaxy.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 06:23 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ILS
That's when he was 3 years old. He's 10 in this thread.

Would need to brush up on my pre-TPM Maul for this thread, but growing up, he not only dominated a lot of the other students at Orsis, but was a champion gladiator accoladed with killing some of the deadliest individuals in the galaxy.

Yeah I know, I was just posting stuff prior to what he did to see where he stands, though think that stuff was post Orsis, 3 years later which wouldn't be applicable here since it's 10 year old Maul. When he arrived at the Academy he didn't do so hot.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you equalised their ages (Anakin is 13 in this thread), Maul would be a master of about a dozen unarmed martial arts, would have learned everything he could have from the Orsis academy, and would have trained with a legendary Mandalorian. At 10, he would be 3 years into the 6 he spends getting to that point.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 06:27 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah I know, I was just posting stuff prior to what he did to see where he stands, though think that stuff was post Orsis, 3 years later which wouldn't be applicable here since it's 10 year old Maul. When he arrived at the Academy he didn't do so hot.
You think Maul's performances as a 3 year old even vaguely reflect his competence after being trained by Darth Sidious, everyday, for another 7 years? :/

Under your astute analysis, what has Anakin done by this point to suggest he'd do better?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 06:28 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Adjust their ages as needed to make it a fair fight if you'd like. I guessed a bit on my part.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 06:31 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ILS
If you equalised their ages (Anakin is 13 in this thread), Maul would be a master of about a dozen unarmed martial arts, would have learned everything he could have from the Orsis academy, and would have trained with a legendary Mandalorian. At 10, he would be 3 years into the 6 he spends getting to that point.

But he's 10 here, not 13. Didn't he arrive at the Academy at 10 years old?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 06:32 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ILS
You think Maul's performances as a 3 year old even vaguely reflect his competence after being trained by Darth Sidious, everyday, for another 7 years? :/

Under your astute analysis, what has Anakin done by this point to suggest he'd do better?

Where are you getting his ages from?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 06:33 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kurk
Adjust their ages as needed to make it a fair fight if you'd like. I guessed a bit on my part.
13 vs 13 then? That would make it a much better fight I think.
But he's 10 here, not 13. Didn't he arrive at the Academy at 10 years old?
7. He trained there for 6 years before mastering everything.

I'm gonna dig up some stuff. Would be cool if someone did the same for Anakin.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 06:34 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where are you getting his ages from?
Took the dates in the OP and did the maths with their birth dates.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 06:34 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ILS
13 vs 13 then? That would make it a much better fight I think. 7. He trained there for 6 years before mastering everything.

I'm gonna dig up some stuff. Would be cool if someone did the same for Anakin.

Well ok, since were now going with an even age gap here, then it might be more interesting. I wasn't counting any real post training, since from what I read, we next see Maul at 13 years, not 7.

I mean I can't remember everything, since I dunno he had got anything great at 10 so I wasn't wanna go speculating anything.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 06:38 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

At the age of three Maul is able to pinpoint the vulnerabilities in the anatomy of nearly every species on Mustafar, which includes humanoids. So he already has extensive knowledge on the anatomy, and weak points, of near-human/human bodies.
quote:
However, Maul had learned much during his time with the droid in the training room. The room had special exercise equipment and weapons, as well as computer consoles that had been programmed to educate and challenge Maul's mind and mechanical abilities. He could identify hundreds of star systems, assemble complicated three-dimensional puzzles, and pinpoint the vulnerabilities of nearly every native creature on Mustafar.
―The Wrath of Darth Maul

As Zenwolf said, Maul didn't do so hot initially at the Orsis Academy, at the age of 7. The reason for this was, under Sidious' instruction, he was to challenge the largest cadet he could find. So he challenged a 6 foot 5 Abyssin who was much older and experienced than himself, and he was not to use the Force to win the fight.

Maul lets him throw the first blow, and gets the shit beaten out of him, though he does land one punch without doing any damage. Then he tricks the cadet into letting his guard down. Maul then bites his nose off, and smashes the nerve clusters in his shoulder, leaving him convulsing on the floor.
quote:
The other cadets quietly moved in around the Abyssin to get a closer took at the defeated boy. Seeing that Maul was thoroughly beaten, the Abyssin knelt beside him, leaned over his face, and said, "I just told you. My name's Dalok. Are you all ri—"

Maul grabbed the back of Dalok's head, pulled Dalok’s face up against his own, and sank his teeth into Dalok's fleshy nose. The startled Abyssin screamed. With his teeth and one arm, Maul held tight to Dalok's head while he moved his other hand to grab Dalok's throat.

The surrounding cadets recoiled. Dalok tried to roll away from Maul, but Maul stayed on him, slamming and driving his knees into the nerve dusters in the Abyssin's shoulders. Dalok was flat on his back as he convulsed, his arms flopping uselessly beside him Dalok passed out.

Maul rose to stand beside Dalok's unconscious body. Turning slowly, he looked at every one of the surrounding cadets, letting them see the Abyssin's blood dripping down his dim and notice that he wasn't even breathing hard.

―The Wrath of Darth Maul

He fought as a gladiator on Orsis and other nearby worlds, from the age of 10, and became a champion by the age of 12. Presumably these were fights to the death unrestricted by age, experience or size, and as was Maul's imperative at the time, he was to remain anonymous as a Force user at all times - so he wouldn't have relied on augmentation here at all.
quote:
Sidious recalled the voyages he had taken ten years earlier to watch Maul fight in gladiatorial matches on Orsis and nearby worlds. Driven to win against all odds, unaffected by pain, daring, and terrifying. An up-and-coming contender at ten years of age and a champion at twelve. Under the markings that masked his face, sleeved his arms, and twisted around his legs and torso, the scars of those battles to the death.

―Darth Plagueis

At the age of 13, Maul's considered a master of numerous martial arts.
quote:
Six years had passed since his arrival on Orsis. Taller and stronger, he still did not know his own age, but based on his observations of similar humanoids, he assumed he was about thirteen years old. Although he was already considered a master of numerous martial arts, he still had difficulty working as part of a team.
―The Wrath of Darth Maul

Before his voice had deepened, he already had proficiency/mastery in Teras Kasi.
quote:
Early in his life, before his voice had deepened, Maul had learned the intricate movements and forms of the teräs käsi fighting style, the patterns of movements based on the hunting characteristics of various beasts throughout the galaxy: Charging Wampa, Rancor Rising, Dancing Dragonsnake, and many more.

-Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

By the age of 13, Maul had mastered everything the Orsis instructors had to offer, despite being 2 years early for finishing his time there.
quote:
"Recently, the Orsis Academy faculty and I realized we had a problem. A problem concerning you two."

Maul sensed Kilindi was alarmed by Trezza’s announcement. He found it hard to understand why she couldn't at least pretend to remain calm.

"Perhaps I should rephrase that," Trezza continued. The problem was not with you, but with our existing faculty. There was little more that the instructors could teach either of you about stealth tactics or hand-to-hand combat techniques, and yet you have two more years ahead of you at the Academy. In short, you require greater challenges than the other cadets.
―The Wrath of Darth Maul

So now take all of these accomplishments, bear in mind any age discrepancies, and put a Force-using Maul in front of the first Jedi he's ever seen, let alone had the chance to kill.

What serious combat had Anakin seen by this point?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 06:59 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Maul has more impressive feats at this point.

Anakin doesn't surpass Maul till later. In fact you could argue he doesn't even surpass maul until season 6

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 11:33 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Maul has more impressive feats at this point.

Anakin doesn't surpass Maul till later. In fact you could argue he doesn't even surpass maul until season 6

Nah. He was a peer of Dooku as of S4.

And able to challenge him since TCW movie.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 04:20 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Probably Maul

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 09:59 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul wins.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 10:07 AM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote