KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Outlander(HoT) Vs Revan.

Outlander(HoT) Vs Revan.
Started by: Haschwalth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Which is why you haven't encouraged the drones to speak up for Revan with their own?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2017 08:59 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I really doubt Revan is taking him down if Valkorion's didn't. It's not like it even hurt Arcann on Asylum. The fall did. And it's also not like Valkorion was holding back given the massive amount of deaths.

It's time to put Revan in the trash heap where he belongs. Boyd obviously thought so when he made him lose to not one, not two, but there shit strike teams.

Valkorion took him down. If there wasn't a ledge, we're talking brutal death via electricity. Plus Valkorion can either:

A: Block Arcann's saber strikes casually in Chapter 16 (my theory)

B: Gift the Outlander the power to casually block Arcann's saber strikes (your theory)

Arcann ain't shit to Valkorion. Revan would have fared better on Asylum.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 01:32 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

That doesn't make any sense, but regardless Valkorion's lightning didn't hurt Arcann even at full strength. Revan on the other hand, got fried.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 03:02 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

That doesn't make any sense, but regardless Valkorion's lightning didn't hurt Arcann even at full strength. Revan on the other hand, got fried.

Lol, they aren't comparable, the one against arcann wasn't a charged version.
Not to mention it was from a good proportionally weakend Valkorian.

The one against Revan was a huge build up of Novel Vitiates full power.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Why?
Honestly, they can both get stupidly good placement via scaling if you take it seriously like Az usually does. If taken seriously, the scaling he gets from Act 1 Thor is better than anything Revan has going for him, including the Malak > Kun quote.

Hollistically, Outlander is like a bettered version of Revan. He constantly succeeds against a stronger Vitiate, where Revan's biggest achievement against him is delaying the war.

In SoR, they don't even consider to join Revan in the fight against Vitiate. The fact that they don't think they stand a chance as a group who knows both Vitiate's power and Revan's power tells me how big the gap must be between pre-Ziost Vitiate and peak Revan, let alone Valkorion and Revan.

On the other hand, you see near prime Outlander walking up to Vaylin, who in return could challenge spirit Valkorion even before she was unchained.

Lastly, I think most of Outlander's feats are defensive force application that lets us assess how powerful he is. I often make a case for Outlander being a better duelist, if not a much better duelist than he is with his force usage. I think he beats Revan via superiority in sabers, even though he is probably not as powerful or masterful in the Force as Revan.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 07:47 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

People still believe the Malak > Kun accolade? Pre-prime Kun > Vitiate, half a century prior to Revan makes it nonsensical.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 08:07 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

My point wasn't to prove HoT > Revan via scaling. Heck, Revan gets scaling from Act I Thor too, as prime Revan is above SoR HoT/Thor. Just that early career HoT is more impressive than (not as) early career Revan, as badly as I worded it.

Also, didn't you concede to Vitiate > Kun or am I confusing you with someone? And wasn't the kun quote in complete encylopedia, which came out in 2008?

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 12:52 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Haschwalth
Lol, they aren't comparable, the one against arcann wasn't a charged version.
Not to mention it was from a good proportionally weakend Valkorian.

The one against Revan was a huge build up of Novel Vitiates full power.

Wrong. We're talking about the time in the Throne Room were Arcann was knocked unconscious. Not that it matters since the attack on Asylum was a bigger storm than the attack on Kass anyway. They're comparable.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 01:18 PM
Haschwalth

Wrong. We're talking about the time in the Throne Room were Arcann was knocked unconscious. Not that it matters since the attack on Asylum was a bigger storm than the attack on Kass anyway. They're comparable.

Lol, comparing by size is stupid, and useless. Unless you are going to argue that Lightning from Valkorian was above RotJ Sidious's lightning kek.

The difference is, it was never charged with Arcann, in both instances, it required Vitiate's charged full power for Revan, otherwise he wouldn't of needed an opportunity, after Revan healed himself to strike him done. With Normal force lightning.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 03:02 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by Sinious
My point wasn't to prove HoT > Revan via scaling. Heck, Revan gets scaling from Act I Thor too, as prime Revan is above SoR HoT/Thor. Just that early career HoT is more impressive than (not as) early career Revan, as badly as I worded it.

Also, didn't you concede to Vitiate > Kun or am I confusing you with someone? And wasn't the kun quote in complete encylopedia, which came out in 2008?

Not even close, MW Revan has been regarded stronger than Nihilus, potential put above Exar kun who is above thon,who sealed the energies of ambria, manipulated the energies of malachor turning thousands to the darkside, HoT has nothing on him early career, even late lmao.

Act 3 HoT is comparable to Meetra possibly.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 03:06 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Lol, comparing by size is stupid, and useless. Unless you are going to argue that Lightning from Valkorian was above RotJ Sidious's lightning kek.

It's not least size but also the amount of damage caused, but regardless I've always argued for Sidious being Valkorion's clear inferior in regards to this anyway. Valkorion's feats with Lightning are unmatched in the setting. As are his feats with drain.

quote:

The difference is, it was never charged with Arcann, in both instances, it required Vitiate's charged full power for Revan, otherwise he wouldn't of needed an opportunity, after Revan healed himself to strike him done. With Normal force lightning.

One, that clearly isn't true, Valkorion "charges" his lightning in all three encounters. It was never said that Vitiate needed his "full power" to counteract Revan, he clearly didn't as Revan was almost immediately overwhelmed, and all the reasoning after this is needless babbling to cover for the fact that this is completely irrelevant unless Vitiate has not grown in power since the Revan novel, despite being said to grow in power constantly and with each death.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 03:36 PM
Haschwalth

It's not least size but also the amount of damage caused, but regardless I've always argued for Sidious being Valkorion's clear inferior in regards to this anyway. Valkorion's feats with Lightning are unmatched in the setting. As are his feats with drain.

One, that clearly isn't true, Valkorion "charges" his lightning in all three encounters. It was never said that Vitiate needed his "full power" to counteract Revan, he clearly didn't as Revan was almost immediately overwhelmed, and all the reasoning after this is needless babbling to cover for the fact that this is completely irrelevant unless Vitiate has not grown in power since the Revan novel, despite being said to grow in power constantly and with each death.

If we go by that logic though, Even tulak hords TK feats put Valkorian to shame. Does that mean Tulak is more powerful with Tk than Valk? Hell no. Potency is a thing my friend, especially within the starwars universe. Taking flashy things as better is flatout wrong, when Valkorian Knocks out Arcann in a powerful burst not even close to the size, of what he used as a spirit, as he needed to while weakend against Arcann.

No, he only did against the strike team act 2, and against Revan, he never did again, because he never needed to, and He was imbuing the outlander with power, before he unleashed the lightning against arcann, not charging it.

It was obvious that he did, need his full power, for the first time in his life he was That pissed, not to mention he used the "full power of the force" against a droid. He also couldn't repeat that charged version again as he needed, to find an opening in Revans defence afterwards. Everything points towards Vitiate putting his full effort into it, which was backed by vitiate building up his energy.

anyway yes he grew in power, a fair bit, but that doesn't apply to Spirit Valkorian who was weakend. They stood no literal chance when they faced Valkorian in person/same position, just like Revan wouldn't, at Valkorians full strength.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 05:12 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Not even close, MW Revan has been regarded stronger than Nihilus, potential put above Exar kun who is above thon,who sealed the energies of ambria, manipulated the energies of malachor turning thousands to the darkside, HoT has nothing on him early career, even late lmao.
Act I Hero is stronger than Barsen'thor, who in return defeated Lord Vivicar. Vivicar was amped by HUNDREDS of Jedi, and Thor in return was extremely weakened while facing Vivicar. Seems like HoT has something going for him. thumb up
quote:
Act 3 HoT is comparable to Meetra possibly.
LMFAO what a retard

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 06:39 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Sinious
Act I Hero is stronger than Barsen'thor, who in return defeated Lord Vivicar. Vivicar was amped by HUNDREDS of Jedi, and Thor in return was extremely weakened while facing Vivicar. Seems like HoT has something going for him. thumb up

Christ, when will people stop parroting this nonsense? This shit was debunked years ago. Literally right before the Vivicar boss fight, he tells the player:

quote:
“My plague isn’t just a disease; it siphons power from its victims. With the proper rituals, that power can be channeled. Soon the combined strength of your masters will make me the most powerful Force adept who has ever lived.”

But, I guess it's to be expected that you wouldn't know that, since the primary source of your side's information is still Neph. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 07:04 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I knew that. Irrelevant to the Vivicar wank tbh. thumb up

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 07:14 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Christ, when will people stop parroting this nonsense? This shit was debunked years ago. Literally right before the Vivicar boss fight, he tells the player:

But, I guess it's to be expected that you wouldn't know that, since the primary source of your side's information is still Neph. laughing out loud

wait, so that baresnthor scaling is bunk?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
I knew that. Irrelevant to the Vivicar wank tbh.

It don't think it's irrelevant at all, at least in regards to the way it's being used; while it's true that Terrak Morrhage invented a powerful ritual, there's nothing to suggest defeating him in combat is particularly impressive. That feat on part of the Barsen'thor isn't as good as Jaden Korr's similar one, as far as I can tell.

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
wait, so that baresnthor scaling is bunk?

Yup, just like the rest of the garbage Neph peddled back in the day.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Sep 9th, 2017 at 07:23 PM

Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It's not necessary to the wank, kek.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It don't think it's irrelevant at all, at least in regards to the way it's being used; while it's true that Terrak Morrhage invented an impressive ritual, he has little to say for himself in the way of his combat abilities. That feat on part of the Barsen'thor isn't even as impressive as Jaden Korr's similar one, as far as I can tell.

I'd need to rewatch Act 1, but the idea I got is that Morrhage is literally using his knowledge of the Jedi(from Parkanas Tark's mind) to inflict a plague upon hundreds of Jedi masters across the galaxy that drives them batshit insane, and binds them to his will, (if he dies, they die). Sounds pretty damn powerful to me.

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Sep 9th, 2017 at 07:26 PM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 07:23 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

It don't think it's irrelevant at all, at least in regards to the way it's being used; while it's true that Terrak Morrhage invented a powerful ritual, there's nothing to suggest defeating him in combat is particularly impressive. That feat on part of the Barsen'thor isn't as good as Jaden Korr's similar one, as far as I can tell.

What did Korr do?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote