KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (2023)

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (2023)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (62): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
However you people need to cope I guess.

I don't need to cope with anything really. This is irrelevant to me. We got 2 decent GotG movies.

I do chuckle at the absurdity, and I'd never in a million years have fired him over this. But I just can't help but laugh at how out of control this is becoming. I saw a screen image showing this guy deleted like 10k tweets. Went from having 31k to 20k lol.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Right. <--- sarcasm

You don't understand why Disney fired a guy over pedo and rape jokes? I do, they have an image to keep. He's since apologized and said he used to make crude humor for fun and to get a rise out of people, but he's not the same man he was years ago. Still, Disney has to protect their image first and foremost.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Disney really had no choice, they have an image they need to protect and someone making a bunch of rape and pedophilia jokes is not going to be acceptable to them. One does have to wonder why they even hired him in the first place, though, surely they saw these tweets prior to that.

It's really too bad, it's actually hard to overstate how big a deal this is. As far as behind the scenes people go, this is honestly probably second only to Feige himself getting fired, as Gunn, besides making GotG3, had recently been put in charge of the entire cosmic slate of the MCU that were upcoming in phase 4.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:41 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Zack the hack Snyder

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Come on. This was said in jest. You people are lunatics I swear.

I think this guy is an SJW based on how I've seen him act in the past but damn. This shit is getting out of control in a way. The only solace is that it is no longer mostly relegated to one side.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

The new director cast by Disney was announced.

(please log in to view the image)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:43 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Disney really had no choice, they have an image they need to protect and someone making a bunch of rape and pedophilia jokes is not going to be acceptable to them. One does have to wonder why they even hired him in the first place, though, surely they saw these tweets prior to that.

It's really too bad, it's actually hard to overstate how big a deal this is. As far as behind the scenes people go, this is honestly probably second only to Feige himself getting fired, as Gunn, besides making GotG3, had recently been put in charge of the entire cosmic slate of the MCU that were upcoming in phase 4.

Come on now. They had a choice. I bet you if they had just sat and let this play out they wouldn't have really lost anything.

Oh shit some guy made some dumb jokes years ago. Do people think he is truly pro pedophilia? I don't get it.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It's Disney, Surt. You know, the wholesome family orientated corporation giant. Really not hard to understand why they fired a guy over rape and pedo jokes.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Surtur
Come on now. They had a choice. I bet you if they had just sat and let this play out they wouldn't have really lost anything.

Oh shit some guy made some dumb jokes years ago. Do people think he is truly pro pedophilia? I don't get it.

No of course not, but again, this is Disney, they are still, first and foremost, a family company, and I don't blame them at all for wanting to sever ties here, even though yeah the jokes were old and if they really really wanted to they probably could have ridden it out. But there'd obviously be a great deal of controversy over that decision that they probably feared would hurt their family-friendly image. I really can't blame them.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:49 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BackFire

I do wonder if they're still going to tap into his ideas already penned out while not officially given him credit instead of starting completely fresh.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:49 PM
BackFire

I do wonder if they're still going to tap into his ideas already penned out while not officially given him credit instead of starting completely fresh.

Apparently he had already finished the script and was going to start filming later this year. I imagine they will still use that script, so he'll probably still get a writing credit of some sort.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:50 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore....

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:50 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Honestly he really should have scrubbed his twitter account as soon as Disney hired him. It was stupid of him not to since he had like dozens of these jokes.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Eh, pretty sure his contract would allow in Disney not giving him credit in such specific cases while using the material that is theirs even if he wrote it. Corporations protect themselves that way.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:52 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Dreampanther
The new director cast by Disney was announced.

(please log in to view the image)

yea Zack Snyder will be announced...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Eh, pretty sure his contract would allow in Disney not giving him credit in such specific cases.

I don't believe so. The WGA is very strict about these things and if they use his script he will legally have to get a credit unless they change it so much that his ideas are no longer recognizable.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Fair enough then. Though I have heard of contracts specially singling out that the company can keep rights while not giving credit, or terminating contracts without paying out the early terminating fees, if certain violations happen like being charged with a crime (not in Gunn's case), as a means to protect themselves.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:57 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by steverules_2
Don’t think I’ve seen a thread for this yet. James Gunn has been fired for offensive tweets he made some time ago. Who’ll be a good replacement?

It's on the fourth page, Quan started it. You're so lazy, steve.

But considering the latest news... yeah, it deserves a brand new thread...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 11:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 11:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Fair enough then. Though I have heard of contracts specially singling out that the company can keep rights while not giving credit, or terminating contracts without paying out the early terminating fees, if certain violations happen like being charged with a crime (not in Gunn's case), as a means to protect themselves.

Yeah, I suppose it's possible, but I think in Gunn's case if they use his script, he will need to get some kind of writing credit.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 11:05 PM