KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (2023)

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (2023)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (62): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
But Disney owns ABC right? So they fired Roseanne. How can they not get rid of this guy?

The obvious difference being Roseanne was already under contract when she made those remarks...Gunn wasn’t.

I mean what if a vindictive workmate dug up your social media past, found a comment. that could be considered off taste & tried to discredit you now...would that be fair?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 10:20 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
The obvious difference being Roseanne was already under contract when she made those remarks...Gunn wasn’t.

I mean what if a vindictive workmate dug up your social media past, found a comment. that could be considered off taste & tried to discredit you now...would that be fair?

If I belonged to the side with a bunch of SJW's that specialize in outrage culture I would look like a big ol' piece of shit if I whined over such a thing though and screamed "not fair!!!".

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 10:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Dont like the way his past was dig up like this.

This is not like Rosanne where it was the present not past.

Also these tweets were not some secret that Disney was unaware of when Marvel first hired Gunn for GOTG.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 10:38 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Also these tweets were not some secret that Disney was unaware of when Marvel first hired Gunn for GOTG.

Lol this is what I don't get. You say it was in the past and not the present like he's 27 now and posted this when he was 17.

But no, he's over 50 years old and was in his 40s when he said this.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 10:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What makes you think so?

Backlash Disney is getting.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 10:53 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Celebrities need to STOP defending James Gunn and preferably delete their social media accounts. I'm not saying staff off them forever, just get a new account.

Patton Oswalt opened his mouth to defend Gunn.

Now tweets from Oswalt are being unearthed, tweets about how he likes children to rub his cock. And another tweet from Oswalt about letting NAMBLA members f*ck whoever they want.

Holy shit maybe Hollywood DOES have a pedo problem lol.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 11:43 PM
Darth Thor

Lol this is what I don't get. You say it was in the past and not the present like he's 27 now and posted this when he was 17.

Its not about his age.

Its about hiring him in the first place, using him to make you a billion dollar franchise, and then years later suddenly deciding you have a problem with his past.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 01:37 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It was in the past in the sense that it was well before he was hired by Disney.

Roseanne was saying that shit while her show was airing.

With that said, tbh people above the age of thirty shouldn't be allowed to use the internet without supervision.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 01:52 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Thor

And they were also jokes maybe in poor taste, Jokes nonetheless

seen from one site they were trying to compare him to to Bill Cosby, Roman Polanski and Jerry Lee Lewis, One of those things isn't like the other's.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 03:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Comparing him to actual sexual predators is idiotic yeah.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 03:43 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

If I belonged to the side with a bunch of SJW's that specialize in outrage culture I would look like a big ol' piece of shit if I whined over such a thing though and screamed "not fair!!!".

Err this isn't about someone throwing a hissy fit & screaming "unfair."

It's about someone potentially losing his means of having a future career.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 04:11 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

He's a talented filmmaker and since hitting the mainstream with GotG has not said anything like this again. I think it's perfectly understandable why Disney parted ways with him because of the image they have to maintain, but he will absolutely have a career elsewhere after this.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 06:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
And they were also jokes maybe in poor taste, Jokes nonetheless

seen from one site they were trying to compare him to to Bill Cosby, Roman Polanski and Jerry Lee Lewis, One of those things isn't like the other's.

It's the new era we live in. Reminds me of how Matt Damon got shit on for daring to say not all #MeToo instances were the same. It's pathetic.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 10:00 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
He's a talented filmmaker and since hitting the mainstream with GotG has not said anything like this again. I think it's perfectly understandable why Disney parted ways with him because of the image they have to maintain, but he will absolutely have a career elsewhere after this.

Lets say he never works again. How has someone who has written and directed two massively successful films that made a lot of money...not reached the point where they are worth enough money they never need to work again?

I realize he is probably passionate about his work, but if the worst case scenario is the rich guy doesn't get to do the job he loves anymore...meh, I don't care. Many people would love to have such a dilemma.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 10:03 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I don't think anyone's concerned that he will run out of money or anything - he's obviously very rich and could easily live out the rest of his life twiddling his dick if he like - but that they like the movies he makes and so want to see him continue making more at some point.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 10:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I realize he is probably passionate about his work, but if the worst case scenario is the rich guy doesn't get to do the job he loves anymore...meh, I don't care. Many people would love to have such a dilemma.

And yet you avoided directly answering my previous question.

What if this happened to an average Joe?
That he/she suddenly found themselves being criticised & job in jeopardy for something that was said in the past.

I'm currently working for a Jewish Charity Organisation for the past 3 years. I signed a contract that I wouldn't say anything negative about them whilst employed.

Should I be re-checking all my past posts I've made on message boards & FB & delete anything that might be considered bad taste towards Jews or anyone less fortunate?

OR should I simply rest assured that whilst I've been in their employment, I've showed them nothing but professional respect?

Last edited by Esau Cairn on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 01:08 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 01:06 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
And yet you avoided directly answering my previous question.

What if this happened to an average Joe?
That he/she suddenly found themselves being criticised & job in jeopardy for something that was said in the past.

I'm currently working for a Jewish Charity Organisation for the past 3 years. I signed a contract that I wouldn't say anything negative about them whilst employed.

Should I be re-checking all my past posts I've made on message boards & FB & delete anything that might be considered bad taste towards Jews or anyone less fortunate?

OR should I simply rest assured that whilst I've been in their employment, I've showed them nothing but professional respect?

It depends on how your employers feel. Charities need donations. If you were in an important enough position in the company that your actions could have an impact on how things are done...I would say yeah maybe it would be a good idea.

Like if 10 years ago you tweeted "how do you fit 100 jews in a car? 4 in the seats and 96 in the ashtray" as a joke. Yeah...you should probably delete it lol.

Then again you aren't famous and thus people would have little reason to go digging around in your tweets.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 05:07 PM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it’s getting stupid

Now everyone’s digging shit up on everyone from stuff they said years ago. I understand the outrage but is James Gunn a pedo or just said dumb shit?

I also wonder why the left defends its sick ****s, real rapists and sickos like Al Franken, bill Clinton and his enabler wife Hillary.

In the end this shits getting old.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 07:02 PM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
I think it’s getting stupid

Now everyone’s digging shit up on everyone from stuff they said years ago. I understand the outrage but is James Gunn a pedo or just said dumb shit?

I also wonder why the left defends its sick ****s, real rapists and sickos like Al Franken, bill Clinton and his enabler wife Hillary.

In the end this shits getting old.

I do think it is getting old. Everybody is out to just dig up dirt on people.

Eventually there is going to come a time where we have to just say "f*ck your feelings".

Nobody gains anything by firing people like Roseanne or James Gunn. All that ends up happening is the people that enjoyed their work are now denied it. It's doubtful Roseanne will ever work again and at the very least Gunn will never work for Disney again.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 08:31 PM
quanchi112
Disney

****ing assholes got Gunn fired resurrrecting ten year old tweets. Now who knows since he is what made Gotg great.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 09:14 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote