KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » A Song of Ice and Fire armies vs the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings armies

A Song of Ice and Fire armies vs the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings armies
Started by: Darkstorm Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Glorfindel MAD'd a Balrog, same Balrogs destroy mountainsides by falling on them. He would effortlessly fodderise any GoT character, Lannister included

Aragorn too would fodderise Lannister

Where is that seen in the movie? Or did i skip a movie in where i didn't saw that?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:04 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Glorfindel MAD'd a Balrog, same Balrogs destroy mountainsides by falling on them. He would effortlessly fodderise any GoT character, Lannister included

Aragorn too would fodderise Lannister

Also Glorfindel is from the storyline of the above times? Or is he from before the events of the Hobbit?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:07 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire armies vs the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings armies

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Based off of Quan's Movie thread Here but I seek to broaden the scope.

I wanted to include the armies seen throughout the series AND the books of both series.

Won't you participate in the discussion?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:07 PM
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
First of all! Aragon has faced brainless stupid foes. Jaime Lannister wouldn't even struggle in cutting that proud neck open.

You're an idiot

quote:
Am not saying Gandalf isn't impressive. But he can't kill an entire army himself.

If he can destroy a mountainside, an army of humans with medieval weapons won't concern him

quote:
Besides he will be busy counteracting Red Witches and Warlog's dark magics.

Unless you can show us how powerful they are, this means nothing

quote:
Don't underestimate the army of the dead. I don't see why those Orcs are any more formidable!

How powerful are the undead?

quote:
The Greenseers can Counter Act Souron's magic and spells. The White Walkers can do so too. The Children of the Forest...Same story.

Feats or GFTO

quote:
Sauron is an OVER RATED VILLAIN. HE WAS KILLED AFTER HIS FINGERS GO SLASHED!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA WOW SO IMPRESSIVE!

TYPING IN CAPS LOCK MAKES ME FEEL INTELLIGENT TOO!

Yeah, because he was separated from the one ring. Plus that was in the movies only, so, doesn't count

quote:
We got 3 DRAGONS. You got one.

Three dragons with piss feats compared to Smaug, much less Glaurung (sp?) or Ancalagon

quote:
We got hundreds of SCORPIONS and DRAGON KILLER ARROWS. You got ONLY 1 BLACK ARROW! As shown in the Hobbit films. We got the ICE SPEARS and HUNDREDS OF WW.

Meaningless tripe

quote:
-SMAUG will be as vulnerable as a sheep. While my dragons are in less peril. Also once SMAUG falls, we will have an ICE SMAUG for our army. Why don't you go and reconsider that.

Except Smaug vastly outclasses any dragon or beast in GoT

quote:
NO. THE OP DIDN'T STATED THAT STORIES AND THE PAST WOULD TAKE PART. ELSE THINGS WOULD GET MUCH MORE COMPLICATED IN TERMS OF DRAGONS, TROOPS, POWERS, ETC. AND STILL I DOUBT LOTR CAN WIN.

Yeah, typing in all caps doesn't increase your credibility. It makes you sound like an idiot

quote:
But following your MOCKERY. (Again this won't take part of the battle since the OP didn't state it)

"According to the ironborn legend, Nagga was the first sea dragon, able to feed on krakens and leviathans and drown islands when angry. The Grey King, helped by the Drowned God, managed to slay her on the shores of the island Old Wyk and built there his hall out of her bones. Her jaws became his throne and her teeth made his crown. He warmed his hall with her living fire. However, when the Grey King died, the Storm God drowned out her fire and the sea took the throne. Only her bones that made the pillars and beams remain".

OHHH, expect TSUNAMIS in your COASTLINES.

Except, those are merely legends that are just that, legends. LOTR has legit showings of this shit. It's pretty much something alot of Maiar could replicate anyways

quote:
"King Durran, also known as Durran Godsgrief, was a legendary First Men figure of the Age of Heroes and the first of the Storm Kings, who ruled the Stormlands until the Targaryen invasion of Westeros. According to legend, Durran won the love of Elenei, daughter of the sea god and the wind goddess, and took her as his wife.
In rage, the gods sent a storm to destroy his keep over Shipbreaker Bay, killing his family and guests. Declaring war against them, Durran built new castles, each larger and more formidable than the previous one, though all were the destroyed by the divine storms. Finally, the seventh castle, which Durran built with the aid of either the Children of the Forest or a very young Bran the Builder, withstood the rage of the gods and became known as Storm's End, while Durran earned the nickname of "Durran's Godsgrief" and ruled as the first Storm King"

Uhhh. I don't see why we should fear Morgoth or Sauron in that case! A man who defied the GODS!! What are mere MAGICIANS in comparisson of Gods?

Oh look, more legends. Maybe coming up with some actual feats next time would be nice

And because Sauron is as powerful as Osse who moved entire islands and Morgoth is more powerful than that. Melkor (original Morgoth) is the most powerful of the Valar, all of which are continent busters

quote:
We would also have Brandon the Builder! Expect a HUGE ICE WALL! WITH POWERFUL ENCHANTMENTS NO ORC COULD CROSS!

"During the war of the First Men and the children of the forest, greenseers are said to have turned trees into warriors[5] and sent beasts against humans.[6] As the tales go, they used the hammer of the waters to shatter the Arm of Dorne into the Broken Arm and the Stepstones, but the First Men continued to settle throughout Westeros.[3] The Neck was also flooded by their magic.[4] The greenseers and wood dancers of the children agreed upon the Pact with the First Men at the Isle of Faces."

We WOULD HAVE HUNDREDS OF GREENSEERS! Expect Warrior Trees, animals turn into weapons. AND FLOODS IN MAJOR CITIES.

None of this is remotely worth talking about next to the LoTR higher tier beings, much less the likes of the Valar

Hell, none of that would pose a threat to the First Age Elf Kingdoms or Numenor

quote:
AND I COULD GO ON AND ON WITH TALES OF ASOIF. I COULD BRING SO MANY CHARACTERS FROM THE PAST THAT LOTR DEFEAT IS CERTAIN!

Except they're more or less legends that are just that, legends. Even if they were legit, doesn't stack up to the Valar who are continent busters

quote:
So, lets not get the past involve into this please! We don't want havoc!

Doesn't matter, LOTR horrendously outclasses GoT regardless

quote:
IN CONCLUSION: Before you go mocking and making fun of other people's comments go to the bathroom and take out your personal problems. Don't bring them here, and try to release your anger with people of the community!!! Furthermore, make a little research before taking a side!

Maybe learn how to debate, get a sense of scale and learn how to use English

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:14 PM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

I've made my researches and I've Reached to the Conclusion that Sauron's Armies shouldn't exceed 200K!! A lot of internet Webpages support this. I will give several links to support my claim:

https://scifi.stackexchange.com/que...-saurons-armies

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...rsions-1570408/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...rsions-1570408/

http://www.lotrplaza.com/archives/i...&TID=157027

As you may notice. These are forums and there is back up evidence. Also some claim that the 200k Troops is an exaggeration and that the numbers should actually be less than 100K.

Oh look, more movie stuff. This is the book versions you god damn mong!

Besides, maybe post the evidence rather than linking forums

quote:
To put it fair I SHALL ASSUME SAURON has 150K.

Sauron's armies alone rank at 200,000 or so

quote:
NOW! Throughout the Movies and Books it was Know that Sauron's Army OUTNUMBERED that of the ALLIES. So the Allies would probably have 100K soldiers or less.

That adds up to 250K soldiers.

Adding that to the HOBBIT FILMS the total number of troops should be arround 350-400K strong. Then just add the catapults and other weaponry.

HAVING SAID THAT!

ASOIF DEFINELTY OUTNUMBERS LOTR!!!

If the biggest kingdom has 45,000 troops tops like I've heard, then am afraid they're kind of scrooged here

quote:
Only the ARMY OF THE DEAD can equal the number of LoTR armies!

I would say that ASOIF got 2X or more the number of troops LoTR has.

Proof or GTFO

quote:
I can give you exact numbers if you wish.....Now. Any commander would know that he/she is facing CERTAIN DOOM against twice numbers....

Well, let's see them then. Not that it matters when you have characters who horribly outclass the entire setting in terms of raw power

quote:
I believe ASOIF got this won.

That's because you're not a very smart person

Last edited by StealthRanger on Sep 10th, 2017 at 10:24 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:20 PM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

EDIT: Nvm

Last edited by StealthRanger on Sep 10th, 2017 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:20 PM
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Where is that seen in the movie? Or did i skip a movie in where i didn't saw that?

EXCEPT THIS IS THE BOOK VERSIONS YOU FUDGING MONG!

Glorfindel is from the Silmarillion. Or at least it's one of his appearances

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:22 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

EXCEPT THIS IS THE BOOK VERSIONS YOU FUDGING MONG!

Glorfindel is from the Silmarillion. Or at least it's one of his appearances

The OP didnt state that. This is all Versus forum. Not Books versus forum! This is ASOIF vs LoTR seen on screen! Unless the OP stated book versions for both.

Either way. We Outnumber. Glorfield iant inmortal. He will die sooner or later. And when he does we will have him in our army!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:33 PM
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

The OP didnt state that. This is all Versus forum. Not Books versus forum!

quote:
AND the books of both series.

Say what?

quote:
This is ASOIF vs LoTR seen on screen! Unless the OP stated book versions for both.

Read above

quote:
Either way. We Outnumber.

[data not found]

Still fodder regardless

quote:
Glorfield iant inmortal.

Technically he can't die from age wink

quote:
He will die sooner or later.

Nobody in GoT can threaten him

quote:
And when he does we will have him in our army!

Yeah, we're not a roleplaying board. You can stop referring to GoT as "yours" or "ours"

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:37 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Oh look, more movie stuff. This is the book versions you god damn mong!

Besides, maybe post the evidence rather than linking forums

Sauron's armies alone rank at 200,000 or so

If the biggest kingdom has 45,000 troops tops like I've heard, then am afraid they're kind of scrooged here

Proof or GTFO

Well, let's see them then. Not that it matters when you have characters who horribly outclass the entire setting in terms of raw power

That's because you're not a very smart person

Forums and webpages are EVIDENCE so long this post evidencd themselves. See am not that wrong! Sauron is arround 200K OR LESS.

Okay you give me your numbers and then ill give you mine.

I will post evidence so you see am not lying.

Okay. First of all Saurons army is 200K.

In the Hobbit Movies combined forces should lie at 100K!

What else?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:37 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Re: Re: A Song of Ice and Fire armies vs the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings armies

Won't you participate in the discussion?

Unlike most people, I believe having the OP actively involved in the discussion is kinda... counterproductive.

I will be here to clarify the OP, or answer questions if I can. But I don't want to skew the thread by rule of OP fiat if I can help it.

For example, to clarify, the movies AND the books are valid sources. Not just the movies. But, since the books are the original sources for both series, they do take precedent over the movies should there be a conflict of canon.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:41 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Re: Re: Re: A Song of Ice and Fire armies vs the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings armies

Unlike most people, I believe having the OP actively involved in the discussion is kinda... counterproductive.

I will be here to clarify the OP, or answer questions if I can. But I don't want to skew the thread by rule of OP fiat if I can help it.

For example, to clarify, the movies AND the books are valid sources. Not just the movies. But, since the books are the original sources for both series, they do take precedent over the movies should there be a conflict of canon.

Okay. Then i will be able to mix books and novels.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:46 PM
Darkstorm Zero

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Song of Ice and Fire armies vs the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings armies

Okay. Then i will be able to mix books and novels.

That is correct.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:47 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Song of Ice and Fire armies vs the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings armies

That is correct.

Okay i well blend both Series and Books then. Thanks for the clarification.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:51 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Say what?

Read above

[data not found]

Still fodder regardless

Technically he can't die from age wink

Nobody in GoT can threaten him

Yeah, we're not a roleplaying board. You can stop referring to GoT as "yours" or "ours"
\

Dragons could. White Walkers could. Red Priests could. Bran could. Greenseers could. And we out number. Any arrow could find his heart. Any spear. He is immortal to time not to physical harm.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:52 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

As I said before. Sauron army=200K the most.

Sauron Army>All other armies combined

LOTR Army = 400K the most (Sauron + Allies)

Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies = 100K the most

TOTAL ARMY: 500K the most.

NOW I WILL GIVE YOU A SMALL PEAK AT ASOIF ARMIES:

The White Walkers had not shown themselves in Westeros for 8000 years!!!! That means that they got 8000 years to gather bodies for their armies.

In several instances in both Series and Books their army has been classified as 100s of Thousands!

The King-in-the-North had 100K wildlings when he travel to attack the wall!

Mance Ryder also claimed that most of the Wildling's Villages were being wipped by the Walkers!

The WW's army is believed to be between 300K to 700K! Who knows maybe even more! 8000 years of gathering is A LOT OF TIME.

Let's say that they are 500K they have already equaled all of LOTR troops alone!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 11:09 PM
Darkstorm Zero

Just to help out a little for all people trying to speak on the subject...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middl...rmies_and_hosts
http://www.thetolkienforum.com/inde...dle-earth.4431/

Please keep in mind that Tolkien never gave specific numbers for military sizes. That being said, I don't think any army in Planetos actually outnumbers the hosts of Mordor. The Undead Army comes the closest, but Orks are said to multiply very fast, and the Mordor hosts alone filled out the entirety of the fields of Udun, and the Gorgoroth Plateau in Mordor.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 11:26 PM
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the First Age Elf Kingdoms or the Kingdom of Numenor could swarm ASoIaF

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 11:43 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the First Age Elf Kingdoms or the Kingdom of Numenor could swarm ASoIaF

You still haven't given me your numbers. Am waiting. If those elfs struggle with Sauron's Orcs i don't see how they will do ANY BETTER against Twice those numbers!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 01:17 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Just to help out a little for all people trying to speak on the subject...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middl...rmies_and_hosts
http://www.thetolkienforum.com/inde...dle-earth.4431/

Please keep in mind that Tolkien never gave specific numbers for military sizes. That being said, I don't think any army in Planetos actually outnumbers the hosts of Mordor. The Undead Army comes the closest, but Orks are said to multiply very fast, and the Mordor hosts alone filled out the entirety of the fields of Udun, and the Gorgoroth Plateau in Mordor.

That's right. In the Books specific numbers weren't given for Sauron's Troops. But Peter Jackson said he believed 200K was the approximate number! Now would the books differ from that number? I doubt so.

Else Tolkien would have spoken against those numbers. So it can be assume Tolkien agreed by the Numbers given by Jackson.

Isn't Like the movie is gonna say 200K and the books is gonna have 400K. Such discrepancies don't occur. And i don't expect this to be such a case.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 01:23 AM