KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Battle of the Five Armies (Lotr) vs. Game of Thrones (mainly season 7)

Battle of the Five Armies (Lotr) vs. Game of Thrones (mainly season 7)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
The fort too!!? Can the Shield be that large?

Is it factible?

Also are physical threats are limmited to this? Or only magical?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 04:18 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Smaug will set fire to the high lands from the outer boundary on the map from to the edge of the forest to the right. That entire outer boundary will be set ablaze by Smaug making any entering party have to go through a choke point or deal with the fires caused by Smaug.

(please log in to view the image)

The hobbits immediately disperse save Bilbo from the Lonely Mountain to spy on all the lands occupied by the Lotr forces. So 50 percent of the hobbits will be spread throughout the high lands. 25 percent will remain on the mountain. The other 25 percent will be near the forest spread throughout that land to alert them of any activity.

1. Azog forces will move his legion of orcs close to the boundary and mid way through to the fort. His forces include **25,000 Gundabad orcs, **50 wargs (50 left), **20 Orc Beserkers (20 left), **400 Gundabad bats (400 left), **15 trolls and Olog-hai(15 left), and ** 6 Ogres (6 left).

2. Thranduil forces will move his to the right of Azog's forces. The remaining **7,000 Elves will be under his command save Legolas and Andruil.

3. Dain's forces will move to assist Thranduil's forces to the right. These separate forces aligned to assist each other and attack from three different fronts.
** 5,000 Dwarves with all the remaining war machines and goats. They also have half the mounted goat/ram cavalry with the other half at the fort.

In response to your lord of light let Sauron answer this for me.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 04:37 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Map showing the Latest events of the Battle.

[IMG]http://(please log in to view the image)[/IMG]

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on Sep 10th, 2017 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 06:24 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by quanchi112
Smaug will set fire to the high lands from the outer boundary on the map from to the edge of the forest to the right. That entire outer boundary will be set ablaze by Smaug making any entering party have to go through a choke point or deal with the fires caused by Smaug.

The hobbits immediately disperse save Bilbo from the Lonely Mountain to spy on all the lands occupied by the Lotr forces. So 50 percent of the hobbits will be spread throughout the high lands. 25 percent will remain on the mountain. The other 25 percent will be near the forest spread throughout that land to alert them of any activity.

1. Azog forces will move his legion of orcs close to the boundary and mid way through to the fort. His forces include **25,000 Gundabad orcs, **50 wargs (50 left), **20 Orc Beserkers (20 left), **400 Gundabad bats (400 left), **15 trolls and Olog-hai(15 left), and ** 6 Ogres (6 left).

2. Thranduil forces will move his to the right of Azog's forces. The remaining **7,000 Elves will be under his command save Legolas and Andruil.

3. Dain's forces will move to assist Thranduil's forces to the right. These separate forces aligned to assist each other and attack from three different fronts.
** 5,000 Dwarves with all the remaining war machines and goats. They also have half the mounted goat/ram cavalry with the other half at the fort.

In response to your lord of light let Sauron answer this for me.

Bran has been able to spy on the latest maneuvers of the Enemy's forces. Immidiatly notifying all high orders.

Cercei and Tyrion have agreed on the following Counter Measures:

1> 10K Unsullied
3K Dothraki
30K Dead
5 Giants
30 Scorpions (Some carrying Dragon Killer arrows)
10 White Walkers
-Will move in the direction shown.

2>The 65K shields have decided to devide their Main forces into 3 Batallions to counter act the Enemie's manevouvers.
-30K troops for Jon and 30K for Jaime
-A line of 10k archers will support the main force from behind.
- In addition 20K troops are being lead by Ser Bronn. 15k From the 25K reserves went to support.
-60 Catapults were shared between the batallions, as well as 100 Scorpions (Some possess Dragon Killer Arrows)

3>The Night King has ordered:
-The division of this Armada as shown in the map.
-The 1000 dead spyes sent up are to make squadrons of 25. Orders were clear, "Kill any Hobbit in sight)

4>The Night King has invoked the Winds of Winter: Temperatures will lower to freezing point during the nights. Harsh conditions are expected. Snow will fall all over the High Mountains -meters deep-. No snow will fall where Sauron's shield is located, however temperatures there will fall to uncomfortable points.

5>Daenery's has acknowledge the importance of Calvary in the main front. As result 3K Horse Lords move to support the main front.

*** The Hound was shown to be effectively accurate in predicting where the Dead would be in season 7. Therefore, i must be granted with the Exact location where one of the Worms will pop.

***The Lord Of Light is considered a God. His visions aren't necessary magic. Therefore Sauron shouldn't be able to interfere in any fire vision.

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on Sep 10th, 2017 at 06:47 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 06:41 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I need the exact location of that Shield.

Also i wouldn't expect the shield to cover the fort. I don't see it can cover that much.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 06:42 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

A little peak to what my forces look like:

The Lannisters:

Catapults and Scorpions:

(Unsullied also appreciated)

The Dothraki (Mighty Horselords)

The Army of the Dead:

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 06:57 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Now Quanchi there is an error in your statement...You say that you sent your Hobbits to spy. But initially you only said there was 1 hobbit only...

Want to make a modification?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 07:00 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Now Quanchi there is an error in your statement...You say that you sent your Hobbits to spy. But initially you only said there was 1 hobbit only...

Want to make a modification?
This is located at the end of the opening post to this thread. The numbers I had from the site only pertained to the Battle of the Five Armies that's why I pointed this out in my first post. All characters from the film and the Shire is shown at the end.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 07:24 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

This is located at the end of the opening post to this thread. The numbers I had from the site only pertained to the Battle of the Five Armies that's why I pointed this out in my first post. All characters from the film and the Shire is shown at the end.

Okay. How many hobbits are outside that shield? I mean, HM hobbits are Spying? I believe Half of them should die to my dead warriors!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 07:45 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Bran has been able to spy on the latest maneuvers of the Enemy's forces. Immidiatly notifying all high orders.

Cercei and Tyrion have agreed on the following Counter Measures:

1> 10K Unsullied
3K Dothraki
30K Dead
5 Giants
30 Scorpions (Some carrying Dragon Killer arrows)
10 White Walkers
-Will move in the direction shown.
So you cross over the flames at your own peril. The hobbits remain hidden as best they can and retreat back to the mountain stronghold. You will cross unabated so far.
quote:

2>The 65K shields have decided to devide their Main forces into 3 Batallions to counter act the Enemie's manevouvers.
-30K troops for Jon and 30K for Jaime
-A line of 10k archers will support the main force from behind.
- In addition 20K troops are being lead by Ser Bronn. 15k From the 25K reserves went to support.
-60 Catapults were shared between the batallions, as well as 100 Scorpions (Some possess Dragon Killer Arrows)[/B]
Our forces stand our ground while your forces amass. Your move.

quote:

3>The Night King has ordered:
-The division of this Armada as shown in the map.
-The 1000 dead spyes sent up are to make squadrons of 25. Orders were clear, "Kill any Hobbit in sight)
[/B]
I am pretty certain most of the hobbits are definitely quick and quiet enough to avoid the bulk of them. Their aim is to lead deeper and deeper.

quote:

4>The Night King has invoked the Winds of Winter: Temperatures will lower to freezing point during the nights. Harsh conditions are expected. Snow will fall all over the High Mountains -meters deep-. No snow will fall where Sauron's shield is located, however temperatures there will fall to uncomfortable points.

[/B]
It doesn't spread this quickly and I don't believe would spread with the same intensity the further the Night King is from the location. So the further away from the Night King the weaker his reach and intensity is. So you'll have to make a call here.

quote:

5>Daenery's has acknowledge the importance of Calvary in the main front. As result 3K Horse Lords move to support the main front.

*** The Hound was shown to be effectively accurate in predicting where the Dead would be in season 7. Therefore, i must be granted with the Exact location where one of the Worms will pop.

***The Lord Of Light is considered a God. His visions aren't necessary magic. Therefore Sauron shouldn't be able to interfere in any fire vision. [/B]
Lotr boldly allows you to bolster your ranks with the assistance of the horse lords.

Behind Casterly Rock is one of the tunnels. We created a tunnel per day. I feel that's fair so three secret tunnels. Be wary the tunnels are dug but we won't bust through any of them until we commit to one plan of attack. I didn't mean that as a literal preventing of the lord of light I merely meant to show you the darkness of Sauron has more weight to it. Figuratively saying your lord will succumb to the darkness.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 09:16 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Okay. How many hobbits are outside that shield? I mean, HM hobbits are Spying? I believe Half of them should die to my dead warriors!
It depends on how many you catch. They are there to spy and for another purpose. They are small and remain hidden well. So while some will die some will also live.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 09:20 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So you cross over the flames at your own peril. The hobbits remain hidden as best they can and retreat back to the mountain stronghold. You will cross unabated so far.
Our forces stand our ground while your forces amass. Your move.

The cold winds sent by NK have weakend the flames left by Smaug. The precise point where my troops will pass to the west is immediatly neutralized by the WW. My troops pass safely. The rest of the area is still shielded by your flames...That means that your own troops won't be able to pass there.

I am pretty certain most of the hobbits are definitely quick and quiet enough to avoid the bulk of them. Their aim is to lead deeper and deeper.

Assuming not all of them were able to hide i believe half of them should die. How much is that? Also, your troops don't know my dead were there in the first place. You shielded you troops behind that Protective shield. That means they couldn't know where my Dead spies were.

I believe 50% of the Hobbits is a fair and considerate number.

Originally posted by quanchi112 It doesn't spread this quickly and I don't believe would spread with the same intensity the further the Night King is from the location. So the further away from the Night King the weaker his reach and intensity is. So you'll have to make a call here.

You are right. But the thing is this. The High Altitude of the High Lands makes it easier for the Night King's spells to work. The temperatures there make it easier for snow to fall. I believe ALL HIGH MOUNTAINOUS AREAS should have snow and harsh conditions in the night. Except for the AREA where the protective spell is.

The High Lands should have winds and cold temperatures at night. Cold rain and hostile climate. Cause they are closer to the NK.

The areas near Casterly Rock are All Cover in snow! Nights near it will have Strong winds and snow will be deeper than in the day. NK is in Casterly Rock.

Originally posted by quanchi112 Lotr boldly allows you to bolster your ranks with the assistance of the horse lords. [/B]

thumb up

Originally posted by quanchi112 Behind Casterly Rock is one of the tunnels. We created a tunnel per day. I feel that's fair so three secret tunnels. Be wary the tunnels are dug but we won't bust through any of them until we commit to one plan of attack. I didn't mean that as a literal preventing of the lord of light I merely meant to show you the darkness of Sauron has more weight to it. Figuratively saying your lord will succumb to the darkness. [/B]

As i said. I should know the Exact location of where one of the Worms will pop out. The others will remain secret for now okay.

So this is what happens:

1st: The Hound predicted the exact location of where one of the Worms will pop out. He notified Cercei and Tyrion. The Night King was also informed.

It was a cold afternoon due to the NK summoning. The air was still...Out of a sudden the earth was shaking. Something was moving within it, breaking it, tearing it appart...Eventually a hole is made, and out of it a Colossal creature emerges from it...A Giant Worm...But he isn't alone!!!

5k Dead sorround the Whole. All of a sudden he feels pain all over his body. The worm tries to pull back but something is wrong...he can't escape. The Arrows were thick! The scorpions hit the target. "Longship Chains! A good amount of Mammoths and the bastard should come out". Lord Tyrion said laughing. 20 Mammoths pulled from 4 different chains.. Giants also aid the pulling....The Worm Came out entirely!

A malignant being unsaddles his horse...His eyes as cold as ice. Peaks pumping out of his head. One of his kind handles him a spear...but not any spear..an ice spear! The worm struggles to release himself...But Dead Mammoths hold still...His doom was certain.

An in that hour...The Dead Army claim another victim...another servant for the LONG NIGHT!

(I hope you enjoyed the story hahaha)

2nd: Tyrion has analyzed the situation. He knows Casterly Rock is in danger. The other holes could be anywhere. Cercei orders the remaining Iron Fleet to patrol the coastlines.

The remain 10K reserve troops are alerted. Casterly Rock must be defended. The Night King orders for his troops to return to Casterly rocks. Except for another Thousand Dead, which are to patrol all the Sorrounding lands for the search of these remaining 2 holes.

Bran sent 40 wolfs to patrol the areas sorrounding the castle in search of the holes too.

3rd: My main force waited until the 3K Dothraki Arrived.

Story of events:

"70K troops, and we still got to wait on mother****ing horse bitches!". Ser Bronn thought. They lay patiently waiting 100m outside the high lands forest area (As seen on map). And finally there were. The Dothraki had arrive. The troops moved (3 PM). Jaime was the main front. He had 30K troops. They were to hold the main force as much as possible. Jon was to try sorround the enemy by the right side with another 30K, and Bronn was to close the Death trap. Catapults and Scorpions were moved up too. Jaime wondered why the dead wouldn't follow... They were expected to reach the enemies troops arround 5 pm. After all those were heavy catapults.

Spies were sent north to monitor all movements. Ravens arrived from CR informing of the latest events. Jaime ordered the spies to notify of any tremours or shakes. Also, the 1000k Archers were notified to have their arrows ready if in case air attacks came. Furthermore, the Scorpions were loaded. Ready for any surprise.

Bran kept monitoring the Areas outside the Protective Shield.

How do you counter act?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 09:59 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I made nice stories in my above reply so read carefully.

I still nead the location of that shield Quanchi. How far from your castle does it extend?

I don't agree that your fort should be shielded too! I believe it is too far from your Castle to be shielded.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:02 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I made nice stories in my above reply so read carefully.

I still nead the location of that shield Quanchi. How far from your castle does it extend?

I don't agree that your fort should be shielded too! I believe it is too far from your Castle to be shielded.
Just the mountain strong hold is shielded. You can still see the location just not the activity within until you break the enchantments.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:19 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Just the mountain strong hold is shielded. You can still see the location just not the activity within until you break the enchantments.

Agree. Saw my upper statement?

I wonder. My troops can still come in? I mean physcial things can cross the enchantments?

Also. How many troops you got in the fort? Just to be aware. And how many move with Azog and those near your fort?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:25 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 10:26 PM
quanchi112
Disney

A brief glimpse into the forces at play here besides the gifs you've already seen.

Azog's orc armies

Dain II's dwarves of iron hills

Dwarf war machines.

Side by side comparison of the elves and dwarves.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 06:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Thranduil's Silvan Elves of Mirkwood

Coordinated attacks with the dwarves without any training and in the midst of sudden battle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 06:26 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Agree. Saw my upper statement?

I wonder. My troops can still come in? I mean physcial things can cross the enchantments?

Also. How many troops you got in the fort? Just to be aware. And how many move with Azog and those near your fort?
You need someone with magic to break through but they can't harm you and you can't harm them until someone brings down the enchantments.

Azog's forces will move his legion of orcs close to the boundary and mid way through to the fort. His forces include **25,000 Gundabad orcs, **50 wargs (50 left), **20 Orc Beserkers (20 left), **400 Gundabad bats (400 left), **15 trolls and Olog-hai(15 left), and ** 6 Ogres (6 left).

This is from a previous post.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 06:30 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Casterly Rock weaknesses--this clip highlights the structural deficiencies of this exaggerated fortress of the GoT lore.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=luaRVN_tsKI

A. There is no moat present making it easy access right up to the walls. **5:45 in video.

B. Archers standing over and not in between merlons thus exposing them to arrows, rocks, ballistas, etc. A merlon is the solid upright section of a battlement (a crenellated parapet) in medieval architecture or fortifications. Merlons are sometimes pierced by narrow, vertical embrasures or slits designed for observation and fire. They are not tall enough. **6:55 in the video.
**7:15 leaving themselves exposed by standing over them. video.
**8:30-8:32 agrees archers would demolish the men atop the first defense here.

C. Aesthetic and not providing functional machicolations at all.
A machicolation (French: māchicoulis) is a floor opening between the supporting corbels of a battlement, through which stones or other material, such as boiling water or boiling cooking oil, could be dropped on attackers at the base of a defensive wall.
Not on the walls at all.
**8:40 --8:50 in video.
**9:35--9:50 forced to lean out exposing themselves while tossing rocks in battle. Incredibly vulnerable to arrow fire.

1. Azog's Gundabad orcs, trolls, ogres, etc.--are a blitzkrieg machine. Superhumanly strong, ultra aggressive, and relentless. X factor--Super sized trolls, ogres and the power and damage they are capable of. Ex: one Troll with the right head gear rammed his way through a wall to give the orcs an entry point past the first defenses. Azog marches his troops to underground in a tunnel. The position of entry point is 1 mile to the west of Casterly Rock. Trolls use rocks to sling into the walls of this castle to breach their point of entry and damage the castle.

2. Silvan Elves of Mirkwood--well coordinated, superhumanly accurate with their bows and arrows, very agile, and highly skilled in sword play. X factor--arrows+accuracy. Thranduil and his elves entry point is 1 mile north west of Casterly Rock. They pepper the men on top of the walls with arrows targeting the men shooting arrows from the first wall. Purpose here is to weaken and decimate the first layer of defense. They are attacking from the north west.

3. Dwarves of Iron Hills--stubborn, courageous, and superb close quarters fighters. X factor--Spinning ballistas designed to destroy arrows. They also move through their tunnel appearing one mile to the north of Casterly Rock. The ballistas the arrow destroying weapons are used against the men occupying the top of Casterly Rock. The ballistas can be shot at an angle and come downward in the direction of the GoT archers. The video here exposes the structural weaknesses of Casterly Rock. There is no moat right in front of the castle making it easier to get to the walls. They are waiting for the trolls to damage walls with their rock launching to breech an entry point.

Please note that I will post a map illustrating to see where their tunnels exit out. This will make it easier to visually get an idea. The map will be posted after my entire post split into two posts due to image restrictions.--------------------------

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 06:59 PM