KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Vaylin and Arcann vs Darth Vader and Galen Marek

Vaylin and Arcann vs Darth Vader and Galen Marek
Started by: Deronn_solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

She destroyed BRAIN, (which is still an incredibly impressive feat, given the circumstances,) which set off a chain reaction.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:11 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
IIRC she just wrecked a machine core, like Exal Kressh did, and that caused the entire facility to blow.

So what has she done that puts her above Vader again?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 01:25 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
She destroyed BRAIN, (which is still an incredibly impressive feat, given the circumstances,) which set off a chain reaction.

how big is BRAIN

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 01:25 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by AncientPower
That's about as likely as the Caedus RT.

Sickest burn I've ever seen on KMC lmao

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlueTiger1144

Marek>Arcann.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 04:31 AM
Click here to Send BlueTiger1144 a Private Message Find more posts by BlueTiger1144 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by BlueTiger1144
Marek>Arcann.

make a case if you would

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 05:07 AM
UCanShootMyNova

He doesn't need to. Marek has better feats, scaling and hype if you go for that sort of thing.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 05:19 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
He doesn't need to. Marek has better feats, scaling and hype if you go for that sort of thing.

how are Marek's feats better? How does he have superior hype?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 05:30 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Marek's feats are better because they are are measurably superior when you apply basic mathematics.

Marek's hype is better because he's literally stated to be the photo negative of Luke Skywalker and what Luke would have become had he been trained by Vader for over a decade.

"The Apprentice is the photo negative of Luke Skywalker. He's been raised by Darth Vader, and is what Luke would have become if he had joined his father. Vader's not a very nice daddy. This guy has been raised to be a Jedi. When the Jedi use the Force, they respect it and don't overuse it. The bad guys - the Sith - keep testing their limits. Vader discovered this person who had the potential to be the most powerful Force user ever. He's up there with the top tier. He's extremely powerful. Vader has trained him in such a way that he just kept pushing his limitations, seeing how far he could use the Force. So, where a normal Jedi might use the Force to trick his way past a few stormtroopers, the apprentice might use the Force to bring down an adjacent building on top of those stormtroopers. He's extremely confident in everything he does. He's been trained by Vader to be an assassin, an unstoppable force." - Insider 100.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 06:36 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Marek's feats are better because they are are measurably superior when you apply basic mathematics.

Wanna be more specific?
Marek's hype is better because he's literally stated to be the photo negative of Luke Skywalker and what Luke would have become had he been trained by Vader for over a decade.
"The Apprentice is the photo negative of Luke Skywalker. He's been raised by Darth Vader, and is what Luke would have become if he had joined his father. Vader's not a very nice daddy. This guy has been raised to be a Jedi. When the Jedi use the Force, they respect it and don't overuse it. The bad guys - the Sith - keep testing their limits. Vader discovered this person who had the potential to be the most powerful Force user ever. He's up there with the top tier. He's extremely powerful. Vader has trained him in such a way that he just kept pushing his limitations, seeing how far he could use the Force. So, where a normal Jedi might use the Force to trick his way past a few stormtroopers, the apprentice might use the Force to bring down an adjacent building on top of those stormtroopers. He's extremely confident in everything he does. He's been trained by Vader to be an assassin, an unstoppable force." - Insider 100.

Yea, given the game notes Marek only had potentially Sidious level potential and Luke has Sidious+ potential, I'm not taking that to literally mean he has potential on par with the dude who can call the force grandpa. erm

More importantly, that's potential which we know Marek never came close to achieving because he didn't even get on to Sidious's level.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 06:50 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Wanna be more specific?

I don't need to be. Pick any of his high end feats and they trump Vaylin's. I just went over this with AP. If you believe Vaylin has a superior feat then bring it up and we can compare them.

Yea, given the game notes Marek only had potentially Sidious level potential

Can you show me the quote that states this? Because the game literally has Sidious say "You could have been my successor." When he continues on to say "my equal" he's referring to the station as Emperor of the Galactic Empire. Even if we go with your interpretation that's an author statement vs a statement from an in universe character. One of those is more relevant then the other.

More importantly, that's potential which we know Marek never came close to achieving because he didn't even get on to Sidious's level.

I'm saying that being the "photo negative of Luke Skywalker" who would have been what Luke would've become had he been trained by Vader for over a decade is better hype then Vaylin being the daughter of an entity and having her powers suppressed for most of her life.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Sep 14th, 2017 at 04:10 PM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 04:07 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Team 2.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 04:34 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

You think Arcann is that bad?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 06:19 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

There is more to fighting, especially in a team, than how great you think the combatants are or how flashy their showings are.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 06:46 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

>flashy
>TFU characters

Kek.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 07:10 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Apologies for my absence, had a flood at my place so electricity has been a no go. I'll work on my reply today.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 02:23 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

[b]Wanna be more specific?

I don't need to be. Pick any of his high end feats and they trump Vaylin's. I just went over this with AP. If you believe Vaylin has a superior feat then bring it up and we can compare them.

-> Vaylin tearing apart multiple ships
-> Vaylin destroying BRAIN from orbit

Can you show me the quote that states this? Because the game literally has Sidious say "You could have been my successor." When he continues on to say "my equal" he's referring to the station as Emperor of the Galactic Empire. Even if we go with your interpretation that's an author statement vs a statement from an in universe character. One of those is more relevant then the other.

The problem here is you're assuming that being what Luke would have become would mean he would have become [/QUOTE] exactly like Luke. Becoming what Luke would have become can refer to becoming an extremely powerful force user at a young age. You're baselessly assuming that means they would have become as powerful. It's much like Lucas stating that Luke would become what Anakin could have been despite Anakin having father tier potential, and Luke being stomped on by Abeloth.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 09:09 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

You think Arcann is that bad?
Or maybe Vader's that good? erm

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 09:09 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I know his opinion on Vaylin well enough that he has to believe Arcann is that bad for team 2 to win. thumb up

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 10:36 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I know his opinion on Vaylin well enough that he has to believe Arcann is that bad for team 2 to win. thumb up

He also has a really high opinion of Galen

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 01:21 AM