KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Vaylin and Arcann vs Darth Vader and Galen Marek

Vaylin and Arcann vs Darth Vader and Galen Marek
Started by: Deronn_solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Not above Vader. Unlike Vaylin.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 01:23 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
-> Vaylin tearing apart multiple ships
-> Vaylin destroying BRAIN from orbit

-> Galen guiding the decent of an Imperial Star Destroyer.
-> Galen destroying the supports of an orbital superstructure.
-> Galen buckling docking stations with a Force push.
-> Galen's Force lightning powering an energy blast that destroyed a superstructure that dwarfed ISD's.

The problem here is you're assuming that being what Luke would have become would mean he would have become exactly like Luke. Becoming what Luke would have become can refer to becoming an extremely powerful force user at a young age. You're baselessly assuming that means they would have become as powerful. It's much like Lucas stating that Luke would become what Anakin could have been despite Anakin having father tier potential, and Luke being stomped on by Abeloth.

I would actually agree that your stance is a valid interpretation if not for the part of the quote that states the apprentice is the "photo negative" of Luke Skywalker. When it's literally saying the apprentice is Luke's equal and opposite prior to saying he was what Luke would've become had he been trained by Vader, that doesn't leave a lot of room for interpretation.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 02:13 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Not above Vader. Unlike Vaylin.

I thought I've seen him argue Galen>Vader before

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 02:15 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Doesn't sound like him.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 02:17 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
-> Galen guiding the decent of an Imperial Star Destroyer.
-> Galen destroying the supports of an orbital superstructure.
-> Galen buckling docking stations with a Force push.
-> Galen's Force lightning powering an energy blast that destroyed a superstructure that dwarfed ISD's.

Hmm, aight I'll leave it to Skillz to argue something something scaling. I vaguely recall their being some circumstance or something with the star destroyer showing but I'll leave that to someone else. His feats seem better than Vaylin's now, especially given she didn't actually destroy the entire sanitarioum.

quote:
would actually agree that your stance is a valid interpretation if not for the part of the quote that states the apprentice is the "photo negative" of Luke Skywalker. When it's literally saying the apprentice is Luke's equal and opposite prior to saying he was what Luke would've become had he been trained by Vader, that doesn't leave a lot of room for interpretation.

Starkiller is a photnegative because he has a similar path to Luke but unlike Luke is a darksider. Not because he's an exact replica of the force's grandson.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 02:20 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Hmm, aight I'll leave it to Skillz to argue something something scaling. I vaguely recall their being some circumstance or something with the star destroyer showing but I'll leave that to someone else. His feats seem better than Vaylin's now, especially given she didn't actually destroy the entire sanitarioum.

Starkiller is a photnegative because he has a similar path to Luke but unlike Luke is a darksider. Not because he's an exact replica of the force's grandson.

Cool.

The entire interview is in regards to Galen's potential though and his story isn't all that similar to Luke's... I just don't see it. Regardless of how you interpret it though, having the potential to surpass Sidious, which the article stats unequivocally, is better then any hype Vaylin has. Especially since Galen's undergone intense training for over a decade while Vaylin has had her power restrained for most of her life ( they're around the same age as well ).

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 02:26 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Well I mean, yeah, regardless of the sanatorium, she still gets ridiculous scaling from earlier incarnations from the protags + her insane feats (while Chained) throughout KOTFE and KOTET.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 02:30 AM
UCanShootMyNova

I agree. She's very comparable to Galen as a Force user at her peak. Her dueling ability is lacking though.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 02:31 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I agree. She's very comparable to Galen as a Force user at her peak. Her dueling ability is lacking though.

1. I'm fine with this, given you have Galen above peak Vader, as I recall.

2. Not necessarily. Pre-being unchained, she's essentially stalemating Arcann in sabers.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 02:32 AM
UCanShootMyNova

1. Indeed.

2. She still possesses greater raw power then him by that point, does she not?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 02:33 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

2. Yeah, but she then would increase even further after becoming Unchained. She also defeats the Outlander in Chapter 3 (Chained) of KOTET, for what it's worth.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 02:38 AM
UCanShootMyNova

2. Noice.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 02:42 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Vader scales off a superior version of Marek and off someone who can compete with ROTS Sidious and hence takes either Marek or Vaylin.

Stop slandering the name James Earl Jones mad

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Sep 16th, 2017 at 03:04 AM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 03:01 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Lmao. Rocky's ploy failed and now he's getting triggered. xD

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 03:08 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Lmao. Rocky's ploy failed and now he's getting triggered. xD
mad mad mad mad mad

What ploy btw? If I'm going to be triggered, it would be nice to know why.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 04:27 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Trying to set Skillz and me against each other. smile

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 05:35 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Trying to set Skillz and me against each other. smile

Yep. that was it.
I'm triggered now:
mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 06:32 AM
UCanShootMyNova

thumb up

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 07:01 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
>flashy
>TFU characters

Kek.

Who said I wasn't talking about TFU? Regardless, Arcann and Vaylin aren't team players. They're legit detrimental to each other, and while we can argue about raw power for days, the actual combat feats of Team 2 far out way those in Team 1. Unless you think the Outlander is literally a god, which is probably true, Team 2 is outclassed here as far as combat ability goes.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 02:41 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Team 2.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 02:44 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote