KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should we bow in fear and run away from this phrase?

Should we bow in fear and run away from this phrase?
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I believe the neuroscience studies that show when a transgender person's brain makeup and chemistry more closely relate to the brain patterns of the opposite sex of their body, yes. Why? Cos science thumb up

So yes you believe a woman can be born in a mans body. Fair enough.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

If the science backs it, sport thumb up

This is the point where you dismiss the neurosciences, btw

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

More like if the Correct Political Party Backs the Science... then he will back it.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:07 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

If the science backs it, sport thumb up

This is the point where you dismiss the neurosciences, btw

So you feel the science is 100% certain about transgenders, with no counter arguments? Just tell me you feel it has been decided 100%. Or 99%. Hell I'll give you 90%.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

some scientists people are so naughty

look at Big Tobbacco and Science Big Tobbacco buying Scientists

If you're reading this and you have a drink in one hand and a digital device in the other

uh... you might want to put that drink down

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...arettes/481116/

United States of America v. Philip Morris USA

In a landmark ruling nearly a decade ago, a federal judge ordered tobacco companies to stop lying.

After listening to 84 witnesses and perusing tens of thousands of exhibits, U.S. District Judge Gladys Kessler of the District of Columbia took a year to write a 1,652-page opinion detailing the companies’ elaborate strategy to deny the harmful effects of smoking.

“In short, [the companies] have marketed and sold their lethal product with zeal, with deception, with a single-minded focus on their financial success, and without regard for the human tragedy or social costs that success exacted,” Kessler wrote in United States of America v. Philip Morris USA.

Kessler noted that the Justice Department, in a racketeering lawsuit, had presented “overwhelming evidence” of a conspiracy to defraud the public. She ordered the companies to take a number of actions, including ceasing to claim there was such a thing as a low-tar cigarette that reduced the risk of disease. The evidence showed this simply was not true.

Yet in about a dozen pending lawsuits, Philip Morris continues to do just that. As of 2010, it still routinely argued that the nation’s top-selling cigarette, once known as Marlboro Lights and now called Marlboro Gold, reduces the risk of cancer.

To find scientists willing to make this claim, Philip Morris turned to consultants for the chemical industry. The experts Philip Morris hired for firms whose scientists regularly contend in medical journals, courtrooms, and regulatory arenas that their clients’ chemical products pose little or no health risks to the public. The firms have been instrumental in delaying new regulations by criticizing the work of other scientists, and emphasizing the doubt inherent in health science. The resultant uncertainty has helped delay attempts by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to crack down on ubiquitous chemicals with known dangers, such as formaldehyde, arsenic, and hexavalent chromium.

http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/welcom...cardio-tobacco/

https://www.healio.com/hematology-o...tested-approved

Hey, I'm just saying, like uh no offense to anyone, no offense intended.

Some scientists talk total fiction.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:15 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

^^ yeah, but....science, and shit.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:16 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Originally posted by Surtur
So you feel the science is 100% certain about transgenders, with no counter arguments? Just tell me you feel it has been decided 100%. Or 99%. Hell I'll give you 90%.

If you have scientific counter-arguments, sure, I'm all eyes and ears and open to change. So post them smile

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

If you have scientific counter-arguments, sure, I'm all eyes and ears and open to change. So post them smile

So you won't answer my question? Okay.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:20 PM
Flyattractor

As He Ever answered you ?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:22 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

I literally just did, you suggested that there's scientific counter arguments; I asked you to post them as I'm open to change and you dodged posting them.

So it seems your counter argument is that you're disgusted by trans people and this is just how you feel. But we already knew that.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:22 PM
Surtur

I literally just did, you suggested that there's scientific counter arguments; I asked you to post them as I'm open to change and you dodged posting them.

So it seems your counter argument is that you're disgusted by trans people and this is just how you feel. But we already knew that.

I asked if you felt it was 100%, etc. I see no answer.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:23 PM
Flyattractor

Well that answers that question....and the answer is "no".

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:23 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

I asked if you felt it was 100%, etc. I see no answer.

Until there's a proper scientific counter argument to the neuroscience (as you suggested), yes. Why would I think otherwise.

So, post them now and change my mind? Weird that you're dodging this.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:25 PM
Surtur

Until there's a proper scientific counter argument to the neuroscience (as you suggested), yes. Why would I think otherwise.

You say post things, but all I asked was how much you believe in it. Why does that trigger you so much? Stand up for your beliefs without whining.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:25 PM
Flyattractor

Unless that Neurosurgeon is some one like Ben Carson. Then it don't count.

Because Politics.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:26 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

You say post things, but all I asked was how much you believe in it. Why does that trigger you so much? Stand up for your beliefs without whining.

^

Another dodge. Very telling

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:27 PM
Surtur

^

Another dodge. Very telling

Are you trolling again? Serious question.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:30 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Just like your breath, your games grow stale, Surt. You clearly asked and questioned the science. I asked you to show the counter argument and that I was open to change, you then became dodge and dance boy.

Why do you discredit the neuroscience testing behind it?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:35 PM
The Lost
M E G A

Just like your breath, your games grow stale, Surt. You clearly asked and questioned the science. I asked you to show the counter argument and that I was open to change, you then became dodge and dance boy.

Why do you discredit the neuroscience testing behind it?

You have more patience than me. I already want to drop a cinderblock on my own head talking with this dude in another thread.

KILL YOUR OPPOSITION

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:36 PM
The Lost is currently offline Click here to Send The Lost a Private Message Find more posts by The Lost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by shiv
https://www.theguardian.com/higher-...nals-fake-paper

https://www.theguardian.com/science...ta-claims-study

https://www.newyorker.com/tech/elem...ruining-science

Medicine, Health Care and Philosophy
June 2017, Volume 20, Issue 2, pp 163–170
The false academy: predatory publishing in science and bioethics
https://link.springer.com/article/1...1019-016-9740-3

Silas Boye Nissen, Tali Magidson, Kevin Gross, Carl T Bergstrom
Research: Publication bias and the canonization of false facts
https://elifesciences.org/articles/21451

Why was this just skipped over

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:39 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote