KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should we bow in fear and run away from this phrase?

Should we bow in fear and run away from this phrase?
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shiv
some scientists people are so naughty

look at Big Tobbacco and Science Big Tobbacco buying Scientists

If you're reading this and you have a drink in one hand and a digital device in the other

uh... you might want to put that drink down

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...arettes/481116/

United States of America v. Philip Morris USA

In a landmark ruling nearly a decade ago, a federal judge ordered tobacco companies to stop lying.

After listening to 84 witnesses and perusing tens of thousands of exhibits, U.S. District Judge Gladys Kessler of the District of Columbia took a year to write a 1,652-page opinion detailing the companies’ elaborate strategy to deny the harmful effects of smoking.

“In short, [the companies] have marketed and sold their lethal product with zeal, with deception, with a single-minded focus on their financial success, and without regard for the human tragedy or social costs that success exacted,” Kessler wrote in United States of America v. Philip Morris USA.

Kessler noted that the Justice Department, in a racketeering lawsuit, had presented “overwhelming evidence” of a conspiracy to defraud the public. She ordered the companies to take a number of actions, including ceasing to claim there was such a thing as a low-tar cigarette that reduced the risk of disease. The evidence showed this simply was not true.

Yet in about a dozen pending lawsuits, Philip Morris continues to do just that. As of 2010, it still routinely argued that the nation’s top-selling cigarette, once known as Marlboro Lights and now called Marlboro Gold, reduces the risk of cancer.

To find scientists willing to make this claim, Philip Morris turned to consultants for the chemical industry. The experts Philip Morris hired for firms whose scientists regularly contend in medical journals, courtrooms, and regulatory arenas that their clients’ chemical products pose little or no health risks to the public. The firms have been instrumental in delaying new regulations by criticizing the work of other scientists, and emphasizing the doubt inherent in health science. The resultant uncertainty has helped delay attempts by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to crack down on ubiquitous chemicals with known dangers, such as formaldehyde, arsenic, and hexavalent chromium.

http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/welcom...cardio-tobacco/

https://www.healio.com/hematology-o...tested-approved

Hey, I'm just saying, like uh no offense to anyone, no offense intended.

Some scientists talk total fiction.

Again another great post just skipped over. Proving scientists can be complete shitholes and sell outs pushing an agenda like they did for big tabacco.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:41 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by The Lost
You have more patience than me. I already want to drop a cinderblock on my own head talking with this dude in another thread.

Lolz, but yeah, I get where you're coming from.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Sable
Again another great post just skipped over. Proving scientists can be complete shitholes and sell outs pushing an agenda like they did for big tabacco.

And don't forget how they Shell out for Climate Change and Gender Issues. They do that a lot.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:51 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So using this logic we can safely assume that all gun owners are dangerous murders just waiting to murder. Cos you know, I can pull up some gun murderers. Go to know thumb up

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Robtard
So using this logic we can safely assume that all gun owners are dangerous murders just waiting to murder. Cos you know, I can pull up some gun murderers. Go to know thumb up

Only if you would find it ok if a oh say a video was put up of Bill Ayers condoning the use of Violence to push your political ideas and then it was used to say that every one that votes Left/Democrat is indeed a violent thug who condones things like murder to push their political agenda.

cool

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:55 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Surtur
Lady, just no. You've tried and failed. Provide you with a step by step breakdown? Lol.

People are getting triggered over asking for credentials. I'm not going to play your game, it's asinine.
Originally posted by Surtur
So you won't answer my question? Okay.

The irony

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:01 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not saying it as a blanket statement but it proves scientists can be shitholes.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:03 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Sort of like how The Left keeps toting Bill Nye and his views and He isn't even a real scientis, yet the like to pretend that he is.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:05 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

False equivalency, gimme another. Try not to use guns as a medium. It doesn't fit,

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:07 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Nope. It's using one smaller example and applying it to the greater, in a negative manner. Works both ways.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:10 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol now you are being weird.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:12 PM
Flyattractor

Nope. It's using one smaller example and applying it to the greater, in a negative manner. Works both ways.

Also known as LYING!

Something the LEFT is very good at.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm not saying it as a blanket statement but it proves scientists can be shitholes.

No one here has argued that scientist can't be flawed. That was the narrative you invented; then pushed it on others and then attacked that.

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 14th, 2017 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:16 PM
cdtm

What about :

The food pyramid:

https://breakingmuscle.com/healthy-...mid-upside-down

quote:
Dr. Light submitted her work and the committee came back with what we saw as our nation’s food pyramid. Here is a quotation from Dr. Light:

quote:
Where we, the USDA nutritionists, called for a base of 5-9 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables a day, it was replaced with a paltry 2-3 servings (changed to 5-7 servings a couple of years later because an anti-cancer campaign by another government agency, the National Cancer Institute, forced the USDA to adopt the higher standard). Our recommendation of 3-4 daily servings of whole-grain breads and cereals was changed to a whopping 6-11 servings forming the base of the Food Pyramid as a concession to the processed wheat and corn industries. Moreover, my nutritionist group had placed baked goods made with white flour - including crackers, sweets and other low-nutrient foods laden with sugars and fats - at the peak of the pyramid, recommending that they be eaten sparingly. To our alarm, in the “revised” Food Guide, they were now made part of the Pyramid’s base. And, in yet one more assault on dietary logic, changes were made to the wording of the dietary guidelines from “eat less” to “avoid too much,” giving a nod to the processed-food industry interests by not limiting highly profitable “fun foods” (junk foods by any other name) that might affect the bottom line of food companies.

But even this neutralized wording of the revised Guidelines created a firestorm of angry responses from the food industry and their Congressional allies who believed that the “farmers’ department” (USDA) should not be telling the public to eat less of anything, including saturated fat and cholesterol, meat, eggs and sugar.

I vehemently protested that the changes, if followed, could lead to an epidemic of obesity and diabetes - and couldn’t be justified on either health or nutritional grounds. To my amazement, I was a lone voice on this issue, as my colleagues appeared to accept the “policy level” decision. Over my objections, the Food Guide Pyramid was finalized, although it only saw the light of day 12 years later, in 1992. Yet it appears my warning has come to pass.

More then a few bad apples, this is the very definition of an entire institution, backed by the government, being formed by politics. The pyramid was made based on a concession to the grain/corn industry. And we've been paying for it in all the diseases that come from overconsumption of carbs..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

there are big bucks to be made on climate change. Just ask Al Gore, read those articles about scientists can fake tests and manufacture proof.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:22 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
What about :

The food pyramid:

https://breakingmuscle.com/healthy-...mid-upside-down

More then a few bad apples, this is the very definition of an entire institution, backed by the government, being formed by politics. The pyramid was made based on a concession to the grain/corn industry. And we've been paying for it in all the diseases that come from overconsumption of carbs..

Wow great find, yes the food pyramid is just another example of scientists selling out to big agra.

This could possibly be the best example of scientists dead wrong but that same example based on "proof" is what our government/ Agra relies on to feed the masses.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

there are big bucks to be made on climate change. Just ask Al Gore, read those articles about scientists can fake tests and manufacture proof.

Sure, there are some rotten apples in the barrel. Doesn't mean you throw them all out.

Is antiscience really something you want to get behind?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:24 PM
Flyattractor

If we did, we would be Leftist like You Robbie.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:25 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure, there are some rotten apples in the barrel. Doesn't mean you throw them all out.

It's more then ome rotten apple. It was a poisen apple to poisen the well. The food pyramid is literally taught in public schools. Educating kids on how to be healthy but masquerading as the complete opposite of how to be healthy.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:27 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe in real science, not science of fear.

People wouldn't care about hurricanes if they never hit land. Cause it didn't doesn't affect them.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:28 PM