KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should we bow in fear and run away from this phrase?

Should we bow in fear and run away from this phrase?
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Four pages and I haven't seem one person mention Mac's little speech from IASIP. Sloppy.

==

But seriously, scientists can be dicks. They can even be wrong. They regularly are, until they all get together, gather evidence, and find the right answer. Which they do. Regularly, on things like climate change, for example.

But no, something something liberal leftists.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
It's more then ome rotten apple. It was a poisen apple to poisen the well. The food pyramid is literally taught in public schools. Educating kids on how to be healthy but masquerading as the complete opposite of how to be healthy.

Our food pyramid is crap because of food lobbyist buying their way in. What does that have to do with anything here?

I believe in real science, not science of fear.

People wouldn't care about hurricanes if they never hit land. Cause it didn't doesn't affect them.

Okay, what "real science" is telling you that pollution and climate change is all a hoax?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

I believe in real science, not science of fear.

People wouldn't care about hurricanes if they never hit land. Cause it didn't doesn't affect them.

Yet, you'd reject the real science that would explain why someone would care more when massively strong winds and storms are within closer proximity to them.

People like you pick and choose. Using "real" and "science" together should embarrass you.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:37 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Our food pyramid is crap because of food lobbyist buying their way in. What does that have to do with anything here?

Okay, what "real science" is telling you that pollution and climate change is all a hoax?

America pollutes less then any other nation for its size and population. We literally lead the world, yet we constantly need to punish ourselves for some bullshit climate agenda?

I am literally the greenest person on this forum and you can vouch for that, but I don't believe in transferring our wealthy with deals like Paris to reach artificial goals.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:45 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"Global sea level has been rising over the past century, and the rate has increased in recent decades. In 2014, global sea level was 2.6 inches above the 1993 average—the highest annual average in the satellite record (1993-present). Sea level continues to rise at a rate of about one-eighth of an inch per year." -snip

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
Four pages and I haven't seem one person mention Mac's little speech from IASIP. Sloppy.

==

But seriously, scientists can be dicks. They can even be wrong. They regularly are, until they all get together, gather evidence, and find the right answer. Which they do. Regularly, on things like climate change, for example.

But no, something something liberal leftists.

My main problem is finding examples of researchers admitting to an institutional problem when it comes to criticising peers.

Essentially, the way it works is everyones concerned with getting funding, and don't want to make an enemy and hurt their chances of being approved..

Which doesn't mean the whole thing should be thrown out, but it definately has issues.

Just look at mental health sciences, and you'll find things that make you wonder if that particular institution is less science, and more cult ala scientology, where nobody ever tells the Emperor they have no clothes on..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:58 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by cdtm

Just look at mental health sciences, and you'll find things that make you wonder if that particular institution is less science, and more cult ala scientology, where nobody ever tells the Emperor they have no clothes on..

Explain

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 12:04 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Explain

Freud is one example.. Very authoritarian, refused dispute, and refused to subject himself to psychoanlysis, as he pushed it on all of his proteges or people or interest.

And his disciples continue to directly cite his work decades after his death, or quote each other quoting him, which rarely happens in an evolving science..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 12:10 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
"Global sea level has been rising over the past century, and the rate has increased in recent decades. In 2014, global sea level was 2.6 inches above the 1993 average—the highest annual average in the satellite record (1993-present). Sea level continues to rise at a rate of about one-eighth of an inch per year." -snip

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

NOAA was just busted for altering climate data, I take what they say with a grain of salt.

FL is like 3-4 ft above sea level at its lowest points, probably less in some areas, but there is still dry land.

If the sea level really is rising, then why not make mass desal plants, use the water, sell it to nations who need fresh water to pay the cost. America could literally become the fresh water producer of the world.

We could actually pay our debt off by selling fresh water.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 12:11 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
What a title. laughing out loud

laughing out loud

Glad you saw the humor in itsmile

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 12:16 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm
My main problem is finding examples of researchers admitting to an institutional problem when it comes to criticising peers.

Essentially, the way it works is everyones concerned with getting funding, and don't want to make an enemy and hurt their chances of being approved..

Which doesn't mean the whole thing should be thrown out, but it definately has issues.

Don't get me started on mental health sciences. Seriously, I take serious issue with a lot of that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 02:18 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

laughing out loud

Glad you saw the humor in itsmile
I did, since it suggested you are afraid of science. sad

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 05:58 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Wrong thread. Ignore.

Last edited by BackFire on Sep 15th, 2017 at 06:18 AM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 05:59 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
I did, since it suggested you are afraid of science. sad

Cheap shot

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 07:45 AM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

NOAA was just busted for altering climate data, I take what they say with a grain of salt.

FL is like 3-4 ft above sea level at its lowest points, probably less in some areas, but there is still dry land.

If the sea level really is rising, then why not make mass desal plants, use the water, sell it to nations who need fresh water to pay the cost. America could literally become the fresh water producer of the world.

In Europe no reputable Psychiatrist or Psychologist would describe themselves as Freudian... Seriously.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 08:03 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Mother issues I bet.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 08:06 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Lost
You have more patience than me. I already want to drop a cinderblock on my own head talking with this dude in another thread.

Lmao.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 10:30 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sin I AM
The irony

Lol, a simple question is not the same as the homework assignment you assigned me. This is some of what you asked:

"Be specific. If you were my patient and walked into my office and wanted to evaluate my abilities provide me with a step-by-step breakdown of how youd do that?"

A step by step break down, lol. The question I asked Rob could be answered with a single sentence.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 15th, 2017 at 10:44 AM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 10:37 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

What do you think the % is of people who care about climate change or global warming actually live a sustainable green lifestyle?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 02:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Probably another waste of time, but: "NOAA Scientists Falsely Accused of Manipulating Climate Change Data: A tabloid used testimony from a single scientist to paint an excruciatingly technical matter as a worldwide conspiracy." Link

And NASA? Are they liars too?

Okay, the point is the pattern of rise, not that tomorrow Florida will be underwater. This type of 'it's either happened right now, or it's a hoax' mentality is a huge problem

The rest of what you said is just loonier. Desalination plants exist now; they're not dependent on rising sea levels, this has nothing to do with climate change.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 04:09 PM