KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Alita: Battle Angel (2018)

Alita: Battle Angel (2018)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

While it's a little mixed with critics this seems to be getting very good audience ratings (like 92%). So that could bode well for it, word of mouth and such.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 04:28 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
While it's a little mixed with critics this seems to be getting very good audience ratings (like 92%). So that could bode well for it, word of mouth and such.

it's only hope is to make a ton of money overseas and that might not happen

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 04:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

It's already doing better than expected...

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...d-to-break-even

That doesn't mean it's going to be profitable necessarily (it's too early to tell), but it is encouraging.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 12:05 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Did you see it Leech?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 12:06 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

No, not yet.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 12:08 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Hope it does well

I was saddened to see Ghost in the shell bomb

I’ll see this Tuesday

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 12:19 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I didn't care much for this. Good action and set pieces, but I thought it dragged, the CGI ranged from great to terrible, and I never got used to Alita's face.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 03:39 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
I didn't care much for this. Good action and set pieces, but I thought it dragged, the CGI ranged from great to terrible, and I never got used to Alita's face.

Great.

I'll be watching this, then.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 03:44 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I would have liked it a lot more if it were maybe 20-30 minutes shorter.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 03:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been reading with some reviews that they point out it attempts to adapt 4 volumes of the Manga when they should've stuck with 2 volumes for the first movie.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 05:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

This I agree with for ALL Movies.. Or if they INSIST that Modern Movies be nearly 3 hours long....Bring back the INTERMISSION! Gimme a chance to refill my Pops and Corns and Stretch my dman lets and leave a piss... Shit!

Can't even bail during the credits now because of Cut Scenes.

Stupid Movies.

I blame Marvel.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 05:34 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, it's a problem with a lot of movies. I feel like most movies should be around 90 minutes, but they always bloat them to like 2+ hours. The transformer movies are probably the biggest offenders.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 06:35 AM
Flyattractor

Yeah. Bumblebee would haven pure Awesome if they took out all that crap bout the Girl, her Dead Daddy Issues andher Stupid Boyfriend.....Don't Need dat Shit in Muh Giant Alien Robot Movie!!!!!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 06:39 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

yea definitely

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 06:31 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah. Bumblebee would haven pure Awesome if they took out all that crap bout the Girl, her Dead Daddy Issues andher Stupid Boyfriend.....Don't Need dat Shit in Muh Giant Alien Robot Movie!!!!!

I haven't seen Bumblebee, I was referring to the other Transformers movies that are nearly 3 hours long with about 30 minutes of actual worthwhile content.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 09:59 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I haven't seen Bumblebee, I was referring to the other Transformers movies that are nearly 3 hours long with no actual worthwhile content.

Fixed. You're welcome.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 11:11 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I haven't seen Bumblebee, I was referring to the other Transformers movies that are nearly 3 hours long with about 30 minutes of actual worthwhile content.

I must've been doing a pool during those 30 minutes for each movie.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 01:25 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah I guess I was being too generous.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 01:44 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Good film.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 02:53 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Really enjoyed it

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 11:14 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote