KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Alita: Battle Angel (2018)

Alita: Battle Angel (2018)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Very good film. Loved the Rollerball for kids.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 11:15 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Saw this the other day. It had some really cool world building and fun action sequences. Unfortnently, the main love interest was insufferable and almost ruined the movie.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 04:52 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

And here i thought it is 2019..my bad

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 08:10 PM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CroftAlice
And here i thought it is 2019..my bad

I read it was originally going to come out in December, but that probably would have doomed it going up against Auquaman and such, so they pushed it back a ways.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 08:27 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Good film, probably one of the better Manga adaptations from Hollywood.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 08:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

That's not saying much. After all, has there ever been a Hollywood adaptation of a manga/anime that has been good prior to Alita? The closest I can think of is Edge of Tomorrow and that was actually a light novel (All You Need is Kill).

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 08:15 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
That's not saying much. After all, has there ever been a Hollywood adaptation of a manga/anime that has been good prior to Alita? The closest I can think of is Edge of Tomorrow and that was actually a light novel (All You Need is Kill).
Yeah,edge of tomorrow was awesome. I'd still love to see Akira.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2019 09:37 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ares834
Saw this the other day. It had some really cool world building and fun action sequences. Unfortnently, the main love interest was insufferable and almost ruined the movie.
thumb up

Could not phucking stand him.

Liked the film overall and Alita herself was bad, but film has some problems.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 09:16 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Good film but had its flaws.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 02:25 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Enjoyed this, was better than the anime despite some boring bits and characters.

Hoping it does well enough for a sequel

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 6th, 2019 02:28 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Never read the magna but the movie was enjoyable.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 08:49 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This is hitting my cheap theater tomorrow, so I'm hoping to catch it this weekend...

Looks like it's struggling a bit at the box office. But to be fair, it's currently at $400,000,000, which isn't bad. But it's not great considering the $170 million budget.

It seems like that would be a profit, but I read a few places that it would need at least $500,000,000 to break even. sad

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 02:10 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

It’s a shame I genuinely liked the film.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 08:44 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This movie rocked. Really enjoyed it.

I could definitely feel Robert Rodriguez's touch all over it but with a huge budget.

I'll probably elaborate more later, but yeah, fu#k this movie demands a sequel that it likely won't get..

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 02:17 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well I did enjoy the hell out of this and my wife enjoyed it a lot more than she was expecting to also (I showed her the trailer before we went). I missed the first few minutes, though, actually because my stupid cheap theater doesn't have a separate line for just tickets, so I had to wait behind a huge line of people in the concessions line. Yeah, so that annoyed the shit out of me, but whatever, I'll certainly watch the movie again, so no big deal...

So correct me if I'm wrong, but hopefully I didn't miss anything except her head being found in the big scrap dump? Or was there some flashback footage of the war at the beginning? I hope there was...

Anyway, I loved the performances in this. Rosa Salazar was fantastic. Although after seeing several animated movies lately I'm starting to wonder how much expression and emotion the animators are able to add to motion capture performances. Because it was super-human expressive and captivating. The rest of the cast was really fun to watch, too. Even Jackie Earle Haley was extremely entertaining. I wasn't sure if it was him in that role, but I suspected it was and sure enough. He's a fun character actor. Loved him in the first season of Preacher. Ed Skrein seems like he's getting type-cast a little bit, but he was still good as the ass-hole bounty hunter.

The film does require a lot of suspension of disbelief as you would expect with this level of sci-fi/fantasy, but the visuals really sell it well. And even though there's tons of CGI action and heavy visual effects it never felt like too much, because the action was directed so well, very engaging and exciting. Robert Rodriguez delivered even better than expected I thought.

Really awesome visuals. I'm very glad I got out to see it on a big screen. thumb up

Please get out and support this movie, it needs it for the sequel it's begging for.

I'll certainly be getting the blu-ray.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 12:43 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

So a sequel doesn't seem entirely out of the question...

'Alita: Battle Angel' Avoids Major Write-Down And Could Get A Sequel

edit: it's not working for some reason... trying just the link then...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhu...l/#6c53b9d86729

edit 2: yeah, I don't know wtf.

Just google "Forbes Alita Sequel"

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Apr 4th, 2019 at 04:07 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 04:05 PM