KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Juggalos March on Washington

Juggalos March on Washington
Started by: Afro Cheese

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Afro Cheese

Juggalos March on Washington

In protest of being labeled a gang.

quote:
The clown paint and overtly masculine music of Insane Clown Posse – during the march Shaggy 2 Door described the band’s output as “the world’s most hated music” – has given the band and their adherents something of a comical air.

But the FBI designation of Juggalos as a “loosely-organized hybrid gang”, made in its 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment, has had real consequences for fans of the group.

“Many Juggalos subsets exhibit gang-like behavior and engage in criminal activity and violence” the FBI assessment said. “Law enforcement officials in at least 21 states have identified criminal Juggalo sub-sets, according to [National Gang Intelligence Center] reporting.”

Insane Clown Posse say that designation is unfair, claiming various people who commit crimes could often be said to be fans of certain musicians.

A number of Juggalos, represented by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Michigan and Insane Clown Posse themselves, are attempting to have the ruling overthrown. Until then, Juggalos are suffering.

Todd Okan, 35, was among those on the mall. He said he was pulled over by police in Sacramento, California, because he had stickers of Insane Clown Posse’s “hatchet man” mascot on his car.

“They said these symbols are considered a gang symbol,” Okan said. “They were asking me, like: ‘Are you a leader of this gang?’” Okan, who is an accounting auditor, said he was not in a gang.

“I was like: ‘This is the music I listen to.’”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...pro-trump-rally

There's more to the article in the link above, I just copied and pasted the most relevant part.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 06:31 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I can't believe ICP is still a THING!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 08:13 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

I'm surprised as well. It's not that surprising that there are still weirdos out there who listen to ICP... but the fact that they marshaled a march from across the country, vastly outstripping the numbers of people at the pro-Trump rally in DC on that very same day, is pretty surprising.

If you look at the first picture in the article, those 4 people dressed in red white and black seem to have come all the way from Reno, NV. Which, tbh, seems like exactly the kind of podunk hick town that would still have Juggalos after all these years. They call themselves "Reno Rydaz". laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 08:23 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote