KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Arcann/Ulic Qel Droma vs. Ahsoka Tano (Rebels)/Ben Kenobi

Arcann/Ulic Qel Droma vs. Ahsoka Tano (Rebels)/Ben Kenobi
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Team 1, whether physicals are equalized (relatively) or not

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 02:03 AM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Anyone want to make a case for team 1?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 02:48 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Frankly, your "scaling" post was the best case for team one that anyone could write.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 02:55 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Frankly, your "scaling" post was the best case for team one that anyone could write.

So, you don't have an argument here? erm

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

What's the case for team 2?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 07:47 PM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by nfactor1995
What's the case for team 2?

Check the first page

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 01:32 AM
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Ben is superior to his ROTS self. Ahsoka has contended with Vader, Ben's equal, on a ds nexus and hence can be assumed to be close with him.

Being generous, as TCW Kenobi has fought evenly with TCW Maul, it's fair to assume ROTS Kenobi and SOD Maul are on the same level as duelists.

TCW Maul's inferior version has decisively handled Qui-Gon Jinn, who has multiple staements placing him as one of the most skilled jedi in history.

Even with this incredibly nerfed scaing I've scaling the two so that I don't have to get into another repetitive argument about Rebels Maul or Maul's performances vs Kenobi we still get the following line of scaling:

Ben>ROTS Kenobi~SOD Maul>TPM Maul>One of the best swordsmen in history

and:

Ben >~ Ahsoka> ROTS Kenobi ~ SOD Maul >TPM Maul >One of the best duelists in history

Even setting aside the aforementioned points of contention, that's still multiple levels of scaling above the best duelists in history. That's not something either Arcann or Ulic have anything as impressive as.

This is the argument? I assume we're using only canon (with physicals roughly equalized), given these are Rebels characters. The only argument here I see is somewhat arbitrary scaling. But what do these individual characters have in terms of canon feats that makes this line of scaling impressive enough to compete with or defeat Arcann and Uliq?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 01:48 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

[B]This is the argument? I assume we're using only canon (with physicals roughly equalized), given these are Rebels characters. The only argument here I see is somewhat arbitrary scaling.

And what other argument do you suppose I should make? The point of the arbitrary scaling is that it marks the opponents Ahsoka and Ben have faced as more impressive than the ones Arcann and Ulic have faced. Peforming well agains tbetter opponents makes you more impressive. It's as solid as a case you can make for a cross-era dueling comparison. It's a much better than choosing team 1 because they scale of folks who managed to go through armies of featless fodder.
But what do these individual characters have in terms of canon feats that makes this line of scaling impressive enough to compete with or defeat Arcann and Uliq?

Matching/contending with Vade ris more impressive than contening with matching Vaylin. Being better than Maul is better than being better than Malgus. The scaling I cited makes the opponents team 2 has facedmore impressive than the ones team 1 has faced. Being above the best swordsmen in history is more impressive than being among the best in your era.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 03:00 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Ulic faced Exar Kun in an absolute stalemate which would've lasted hours. That's hours of absolutely immaculate swordsmanship, zero mistakes or slips. That's an insane feat, against one of the greatest swordsman in all of history, revered for all-time. This is all before Ulic's powers grow massively, and his skills get even sharper.

Please tell me how anybody short of Vader, is holding a candle to that.

Arcann? He scales off of Revan, who whilst massively pre-prime and hindered by the Star Forge, was capable of defeating SF! Malak through his Force powers. A SF! Malak who must scale so far above the likes of Karness Muur that he's right up with prime Vader and Krayt. Given that, Arcann kicks their shit in.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 03:33 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Either member of team one beats either member of team two, though I have Vader above either member of team one, so this fight won't be a stomp but the winning team is pretty obvious to me.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 03:35 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I can grasp Vader > Ulic, but given the new Malak scaling? Not seeing Vader > Arcann anymore.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 03:37 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Either member of team one beats either member of team two, though I have Vader above either member of team one, so this fight won't be a stomp but the winning team is pretty obvious to me.

Ben stalemated Vader and Ahsoka contended with him on a nexus erm.

If Vader's superior to either, then team 1 has very little room for error here. At the very best Team 1 could be inferior to Ben and superior to Ahsoka, though there's a far larger range of possible placements for the team that place them below either as duelists.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Sep 20th, 2017 at 04:09 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 03:55 AM
Haschwalth

Originally posted by AncientPower
Ulic faced Exar Kun in an absolute stalemate which would've lasted hours. That's hours of absolutely immaculate swordsmanship, zero mistakes or slips. That's an insane feat, against one of the greatest swordsman in all of history, revered for all-time. This is all before Ulic's powers grow massively, and his skills get even sharper.

Please tell me how anybody short of Vader, is holding a candle to that.

Arcann? He scales off of Revan, who whilst massively pre-prime and hindered by the Star Forge, was capable of defeating SF! Malak through his Force powers. A SF! Malak who must scale so far above the likes of Karness Muur that he's right up with prime Vader and Krayt. Given that, Arcann kicks their shit in.

Arcann doesn't take shit from Revan.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 04:02 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

]Ulic faced Exar Kun in an absolute stalemate which would've lasted hours. That's hours of absolutely immaculate swordsmanship, zero mistakes or slips. That's an insane feat, against one of the greatest swordsman in all of history, revered for all-time. This is all before Ulic's powers grow massively, and his skills get even sharper.

Ahsoka stalemated Maul on a ds nexus, someone who's been stated to have grown as a swordsman when he was already of one of the best duelists of all time, and who pre-prime has beat one of the best duelists of all time while fending off one of the best jedi of the era.

Ben stalemated Vader and is superior to his ROTS self who has, as off TCW, outperformed Maul who, as mentioned above, as of TPM was in a tier above the best swordsmen in history and beat another one of the best swordsmen in historu while dealing with his apprentince who happened to be one of the best jedi in his day.

Simply stalemating one of the best swordsmen of all time is not enough to place you above someone who can beat superior versions of the best duelists of all time.
Originally posted by AncientPower Arcann? He scales off of Revan, who whilst massively pre-prime and hindered by the Star Forge, was capable of defeating SF! Malak through his Force powers. A SF! Malak who must scale so far above the likes of Karness Muur that he's right up with prime Vader and Krayt. Given that, Arcann kicks their shit in.

Arcann does not scale off of Revanerm .

And you haven't provided anything for the two you've just mentioned in terms of dueling feats.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 04:06 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I can grasp Vader > Ulic, but given the new Malak scaling? Not seeing Vader > Arcann anymore.

Yeah, I'm a lot more skeptical of the Malak scaling, and the notion that Arcann actually gets scaling off of Revan.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Ben stalemated Vader and Ahsoka contended with him on a nexus erm.

If Vader's superior to either, then team 1 has very little room for error here. At the very best Team 1 could be inferior to Ben and superior to Ahsoka, though there's a far larger range of possible placements for the team that place them below either as duelists.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of the Vader Ben fight firstly, and secondly I don't give two shits about the nexus. If it's not actually noted to be a factor, I doubt it has serious narrative weight in shifting a fight, and it was a fight that I disagree on being as close as you seem to think it was. She contended yes. She was not Vader's equal though. Much like Dooku, these characters can be put between Ahsoka and Vader.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 04:11 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of the Vader Ben fight firstly

Then how are you coming to a conclusion here regarding this battle? All the evidence we have so far indicates the two to be equals, with it being specifically noted that Ben only ceded the fight to let the heroes escape.
, and secondly I don't give two shits about the nexus. If it's not actually noted to be a factor, I doubt it has serious narrative weight in shifting a fight

It doesn't need to be explicitly stated to be a factor. It's indicated to let darksiders do sh!t they usally can't. There's no reason for us to ignore circumstances that exist due to a second guessing of undeclared authorial intent. Not to mention that all the other fights, Ahsoka vs Maul, Inqusitors vs Jedi, had the darksiders performing better than they should regarding all the other evidence we have present.
, and it was a fight that I disagree on being as close as you seem to think it was. She contended yes. She was not Vader's equal though.
I don't think she was Vader's equal at all. And there's no need to nitpick here, we both agree the gap between the two is a small one. The point still stands. Team 1 has a small amount of leeway here if they're inferior to someone who both members of team 2 are close to.
Much like Dooku, these characters can be put between Ahsoka and Vader.

Sure, they can be. But why should we? What have either done as duelists that place them above Ahsoka or near Vader?

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Sep 20th, 2017 at 06:08 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 05:58 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Also, LMAO at Team 1 Obviously winning here

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 06:20 AM
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Force feats for canon Vader to put him on Arcann and Uliq's level?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 07:09 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Force feats for canon Vader to put him on Arcann and Uliq's level?
This is sabers only

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 07:15 AM