KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ser Arthur Dayne vs. Aragorn

Ser Arthur Dayne vs. Aragorn
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

Who wins?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 03:04 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Huh..... Hard to say.....

Who gets what equipment in this fight? Where are they? Have you got any details for me OP?

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 03:36 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Aragorn with almost no effort.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 03:56 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro

Damn it Neme... I wanted the OP to put in more effort... I was Edumacating here! mad laughing

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 04:02 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Yup. Pretty much.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 04:05 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Really? Elaborate

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 04:19 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Aragorn is possibly the greatest swordsman in LOTR, but Arthur Dayne is probably the greatest swordsman in GOT. Not seeing how this would be easy for Aragorn

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 04:21 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Aragorn is a descendant of the First Men. His stats are all easily superhuman. On top of that he's been fighting for decades longer than Dayne has even been alive. The icing on the cake is that by direct comparison Aragorn has slaughtered far higher numbers than 5 before getting taken down.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 04:22 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

I thought this was the movies vs forum, Aragorn in the movies doesn't seem to have any kind of superhuman abilities

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 04:24 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Rebel95
Aragorn is possibly the greatest swordsman in LOTR, but Arthur Dayne is probably the greatest swordsman in GOT. Not seeing how this would be easy for Aragorn
Because he can get into sword fights with trolls, slay a small army by himself (Dayne was ultimately killed by IIRC nine guys), physically tossed Gimli (who must weigh around two hundred pounds) several meters across a gap, and can avoid arrows and deflect throwing knives.

What does Dayne have to compete?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 04:33 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

I thought this was the movies vs forum, Aragorn in the movies doesn't seem to have any kind of superhuman abilities

Nope, even in the movies he's 87 years old. He explains this to Arwen.

Also, Aragorn managed to fend off all nine of the Nazgul at Weathertop. While the Nazgul were not at their peak strength due to their distance from Sauron, they are all extremely formidable and not just for their terror field. Most men barely can handle one of these things, and it took the efforts of the White Council to defeat them last time.

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Sep 19th, 2017 at 04:44 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 04:38 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Because the fight scenes in GoT plain suck. They make the fighters look slow and cumbersome, way more than what should be realistically possible by veteran swordsmen. You end up with a bunch of fighters that are great within their universe only but can be run full of circles by pretty much any decent caliber fighter from other swords and sandals movie.

I study HEMA, and though swordplay is never realistic in most movies, the swordwork in GoT is just plain painful to watch.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 06:16 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Because he can get into sword fights with trolls, slay a small army by himself (Dayne was ultimately killed by IIRC nine guys), physically tossed Gimli (who must weigh around two hundred pounds) several meters across a gap, and can avoid arrows and deflect throwing knives.

https://youtu.be/rCIY-9aL0Qo

Looked at the scene again. From the looks of it, over 10-15 feet. While Gimli was in full armor. Sick strength "feat".

Last edited by Nibedicus on Sep 19th, 2017 at 06:21 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 06:18 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Ok true. You've convinced me

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 08:49 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Arthur wins.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 08:53 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Well Dayne only lost because he got stabbed in the back of the neck by someone he thought he killed. I think he only fought like 5 btw.

But yea, Aragorn has better feats.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 09:06 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Aragorn FTW.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 09:38 AM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Arthur wins.

A quick death at Aragorn's hands, yes.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:22 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by KingD19
A quick death at Aragorn's hands, yes.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:08 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by Mindset
Well Dayne only lost because he got stabbed in the back of the neck by someone he thought he killed. I think he only fought like 5 btw.

But yea, Aragorn has better feats.
it started 6 vs 2, Ned and 5 others vs dayne and another kingsguard. 2 of Neds and daynes partner fell. Then dayne fought the last 4 solo.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 04:19 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote