KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Azog the Defiler vs Oberyn

Azog the Defiler vs Oberyn
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 02:32 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Without evidence and based on mere fanatism your claim has sunk.

No, you have friends which deal with outside foes. 1 to 1 requires more brains cause your opponent is finding ways to kill you and you must do so too. Arena combat requires strategy and brains which Azog has no preparation for, while Oberyn does, My dude has an advantage over yours here.

Untrue.

So basically you're saying one on four is easier than one on one. laughing out loud

This doesn't make any sense. Oberyn somehow lost to a downed opponent which shows he doesn't have brains. Your points are fabrications. The guy ****ed up a win due to brains.

quote:

It's fighting one on one which is easier than fighting someone and being prepared for anything in

Quick avoiding that Oberyn wad mocking The Mountain because of a personal issue he had with him! He put his guard down! Oberyn wont do the same with Asog! That point of yours has also sank!

Manticore Poison is faster! Melissandres poison is also faster! All of these poisons the Red Viper has to his disposal! You have no sense of logic! Show follows the book else contradicted by the same show! Another point which sinks!

Here the poisons of westeros! And the Red Viper is a knoen user of these! Your fanatism leads you to unreasonable replies!
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...p;pagenumber=12

Am a good debater, unlike you i pick based on evidence not fanatism.
stick out tongue [/B]
I didn't avoid that. I also didn't avoid his spear breaking. He needed a second weapon. Azog is quicker, stronger, and more durable than Gregor. Point negated.

We don't see him ever use these poisons on his spear. Just face it he crushes your weak GoT foes. Red Viper died.

No, you break the rules, argue against logic, and flat out post based off fanaticism. That's how you spell the word. Yw.

Azog buries him.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:17 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Yeah one cut and Azog goes down. Oberyn isnt gonna interigate him like he did gregor. So if oberyn feels like hes pressed a little to hard hes just gonna bob and weave until the poison kicks in. HEs not an idiot and has no grudge against azog. Therefore hes not gonna take any chances.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:23 AM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by omgchos
Yeah one cut and Azog goes down. Oberyn isnt gonna interigate him like he did gregor. So if oberyn feels like hes pressed a little to hard hes just gonna bob and weave until the poison kicks in. HEs not an idiot and has no grudge against azog. Therefore hes not gonna take any chances.
Based off what ? Who did Oberyn put down with one cut ? Cite some evidence here, sport.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:26 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Originally posted by quanchi112
Based off what ? Who did Oberyn put down with one cut ? Cite some evidence here, sport.

The fact that gregor was poisoned with manticore venom? Is that not evidence? Have i been away too long? its not only explicitly said by both qyburn and pycell. We clearly see his manservant coating his weapon with venom. Im not saying one cut and hes instantly killed. Needs but to cut him and avoid. Simple as that. Azog is somewhat more agile than the mountain. But that probably had something to do with the metric ton of armor he was wearing. Azog being the nudist that he is. Which idk why Azog didnt wear armor. But if i went on a tirade about those shitty hobbit movies this post would be even longer that it is, lol. The mountain died of poison, show and books confirm....... sport. (what are you agent k?) i dont even like sports.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:36 AM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The fact that gregor was poisoned with manticore venom? Is that not evidence? Have i been away too long? its not only explicitly said by both qyburn and pycell. We clearly see his manservant coating his weapon with venom. Im not saying one cut and hes instantly killed. Needs but to cut him and avoid. Simple as that. Azog is somewhat more agile than the mountain. But that probably had something to do with the metric ton of armor he was wearing. Azog being the nudist that he is. Which idk why Azog didnt wear armor. But if i went on a tirade about those shitty hobbit movies this post would be even longer that it is, lol. The mountain died of poison, show and books confirm....... sport. (what are you agent k?) i dont even like sports.
He didn't go down right away. He was stabbed multiple times and impaled. He then had the strength to kill Oberyn so this idea one wound and he goes down is baseless.

Azog wore armor in the final film. Did you not see it ? The quality of the films aren't relevant to this bs matchup. We are arguing based off the show in which he is still alive, sport. He also survived long enough to kill Oberyn negating your point. Who cares if he died a second later he won.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:39 AM
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

He didn't go down right away. He was stabbed multiple times and impaled. He then had the strength to kill Oberyn so this idea one wound and he goes down is baseless.

Azog wore armor in the final film. Did you not see it ? The quality of the films aren't relevant to this bs matchup. We are arguing based off the show in which he is still alive, sport. He also survived long enough to kill Oberyn negating your point. Who cares if he died a second later he won.

If you wanna call that armor. And i love how your skating over the avoid angle of this. Oberyn prepares for his fights in that particular case he chose to slow down the poison to cause gregor more pain. Like i said he has no grudge against azog the naked. Hes wearing a sleeveless vest and a loin cloth lol. In this case he may have chosen any number of poisons. Even if hes stuck with the slow painful stuff, he still only has to cut him once and run. Hes got it in the bag. Hell i might even give it to him without the poison. Hes one of the most renown fighters in ASOIAF. So lets look at the facts sports fans.

Azog is not immune to poison

Hes slower than oberyn

Oberyn only lost because he wanted to make gregor confess, otherwise he wrecked him.

Hes smart and knows how to prepare for a fight.

Azog is cocky as hell and might even let oberyn stab him a couple times just to show off a bit (this last one is just a jab at azog admittedly).

The ONLY thing he might have over oberyn is if he gets his cinderblock chain thing. Though if oberyn is half the swordsman hes supposed to be getting inside that would be easy as hell.

Basically Azog goes down.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 04:23 AM
quanchi112
Disney

If you wanna call that armor. And i love how your skating over the avoid angle of this. Oberyn prepares for his fights in that particular case he chose to slow down the poison to cause gregor more pain. Like i said he has no grudge against azog the naked. Hes wearing a sleeveless vest and a loin cloth lol. In this case he may have chosen any number of poisons. Even if hes stuck with the slow painful stuff, he still only has to cut him once and run. Hes got it in the bag. Hell i might even give it to him without the poison. Hes one of the most renown fighters in ASOIAF. So lets look at the facts sports fans.
Well it is armor, dummy. Well we argue based on the evidence we have not let's give him this other poison he has never used before on the small screen. He didn't even avoid Gregor prior to losing focus. He got his spear destroyed and was tossed by a much slower, more heavily armored foe. For ****s sake watch the actual fight you dim witted moron. Azog has been cut up by Thorin who has greater strength fests than Oberyn. Gregor was also I paled and had the strength to finish off Oberyn who was done after one punch.

quote:

Hes slower than oberyn

Oberyn only lost because he wanted to make gregor confess, otherwise he wrecked him.

Azog is cocky as hell and might even let oberyn stab him a couple times just to show off a bit (this last one is just a jab at azog admittedly).

The ONLY thing he might have over oberyn is if he gets his cinderblock chain thing. Though if oberyn is half the swordsman hes supposed to be getting inside that would be easy as hell.

Basically Azog goes down. [/B]
He doesn't have to be it failed to even kill a normal human.

He's quicker and more skilled than Gregor who broke his spear and tossed him mid fight.

No, Oberyn is cocky as hell hence why he lost. Azog is a ruthless war general who survived having his arm cut off mid battle. He does t need the cinder block chain just his mace and bladed prosthetic.

Basically Oberyn dies badly.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 02:27 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Hes slower than oberyn

Basically Azog goes down.

I Know Right!!!

The Thing is Quanchi is of the belief that Characters are STRICTLY LIMITED to what is seen on screen! LOL.

Although the BOOKS clearly specify that The Red Viper has SEVERAL Poisons at his disposal, Quanchi says that because the Shows never depicted them THEY ARE NOT TRUE!

I Know, Quanchi's logic is........ Its like saying Azog isn't a male since we never saw his dick on screen!!! Lol.

Well it is armor, dummy. Well we argue based on the evidence we have not let's give him this other poison he has never used before on the small screen. He didn't even avoid Gregor prior to losing focus. He got his spear destroyed and was tossed by a much slower, more heavily armored foe. For ****s sake watch the actual fight you dim witted moron. Azog has been cut up by Thorin who has greater strength fests than Oberyn. Gregor was also I paled and had the strength to finish off Oberyn who was done after one punch.

He doesn't have to be it failed to even kill a normal human.

He's quicker and more skilled than Gregor who broke his spear and tossed him mid fight.

No, Oberyn is cocky as hell hence why he lost. Azog is a ruthless war general who survived having his arm cut off mid battle. He does t need the cinder block chain just his mace and bladed prosthetic.

Basically Oberyn dies badly.

Once more Quanchi, don't let your fanatism cloud your judgement. Cause then you will evade facts, logic, and will reply senseless comments.

The SHOWS NEVER SAID Oberyn ONLY has one poison. Just because he used a SLOW poison against the MOUNTAIN because he wanted to see him suffer DOESN'T MEAN that that's the only poison HE HAS. The Shows will ALWAYS FOLLOW THE BOOK'S MATERIAL UNLESS the show replaces or changes it! Since the Show never said that Oberyn has Only ONE poison, then it is clear that the Show validates the Book Info (Oberyn is the same Oberyn as in the BOOKS).

As omgchos said, and i've also pointed out!

Oberyn OUTSMARTS, OUTSPEEDS, and OUTMANEUVERS Azog! The ONLY REASON Oberyn lost to the mountain is because he was trying to make him confess, and because he wanted to see him suffer!

So, don't assume Azog will have the same chances!

Oberyn as omgchos said, is one of the BEST Arena fighters. As i've said previously, he has fought several combats in essos, and is very FEARED in that continent! The books have said so! Now don't come and tell me that just because the SHOW never depicted it, it isn't valid. Again, the Show will FOLLOW ANY MATERIAL OF THE BOOK UNLESS disclaimed or modified by the SHOW.

ALL INFO FROM THE BOOK APPLIES FOR A SHOW OR MOVIE UNLESS THIS DECIDES TO CHANGE SUCH INFORMATION OR MATERIAL.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:04 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I Know Right!!!

The Thing is Quanchi is of the belief that Characters are STRICTLY LIMITED to what is seen on screen! LOL.

Although the BOOKS clearly specify that The Red Viper has SEVERAL Poisons at his disposal, Quanchi says that because the Shows never depicted them THEY ARE NOT TRUE!

I Know, Quanchi's logic is........ Its like saying Azog isn't a male since we never saw his dick on screen!!! Lol.

Once more Quanchi, don't let your fanatism cloud your judgement. Cause then you will evade facts, logic, and will reply senseless comments.

The SHOWS NEVER SAID Oberyn ONLY has one poison. Just because he used a SLOW poison against the MOUNTAIN because he wanted to see him suffer DOESN'T MEAN that that's the only poison HE HAS. The Shows will ALWAYS FOLLOW THE BOOK'S MATERIAL UNLESS the show replaces or changes it! Since the Show never said that Oberyn has Only ONE poison, then it is clear that the Show validates the Book Info (Oberyn is the same Oberyn as in the BOOKS).

As omgchos said, and i've also pointed out!

Oberyn OUTSMARTS, OUTSPEEDS, and OUTMANEUVERS Azog! The ONLY REASON Oberyn lost to the mountain is because he was trying to make him confess, and because he wanted to see him suffer!

So, don't assume Azog will have the same chances!

Oberyn as omgchos said, is one of the BEST Arena fighters. As i've said previously, he has fought several combats in essos, and is very FEARED in that continent! The books have said so! Now don't come and tell me that just because the SHOW never depicted it, it isn't valid. Again, the Show will FOLLOW ANY MATERIAL OF THE BOOK UNLESS disclaimed or modified by the SHOW.

ALL INFO FROM THE BOOK APPLIES FOR A SHOW OR MOVIE UNLESS THIS DECIDES TO CHANGE SUCH INFORMATION OR MATERIAL.
You are the one evading facts. Irony.

We don't give him options he hasn't shown. I don't put a sword in Azog's good hand because we don't see him wield one. Are you catching on ? I'm sure he can wield one but we don't just do so because we argue on what evidence we have not blind fanatcism to save your GoT character.

I never once said this is only poison he's ever had. I have said its the only poison we see him coat his spear with thus it's the only one in this thread. Process what I say and calm down. This isn't difficult to grasp.

Gregor broke his spear and tossed him prior to him impaling Gregor. So he was caught by a slower and bulkier man since his armor weighed him down. Who cares who fears him ? Jaime had no idea how good he was so watch the show and quit inserting nonsense. Tyrion also was blindly hoping he won but didn't have a clue as to his skill in the arena. He also lost when he had his opponent beaten. That's evidence of his arrogance costing him of assured victory. That's called a fact you want to dismiss. Not saying he will pause to look into the crowd since there isn't one but he's still slow enough to be caught since Gregor caught him a few times during the fight. Azog is quicker, more skilled, and stronger. This is why Oberyn loses.

Read the ****ing rules. This is getting rather annoying. Your ignorance isn't an excuse to dodge the rules.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:15 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Taken right from the rules.

The MVF Golden Rule:
What is seen on screen is canon in these forums. If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon), then it is a violation and is illegal. MOVIE FEATS ONLY!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:17 PM
Thorne
Restricted

Account Restricted

"If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon)"

its not contradicting, its explaining or clarifying what that character can do

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 04:31 PM
Thorne is currently offline Click here to Send Thorne a Private Message Find more posts by Thorne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Taken right from the rules.

The MVF Golden Rule:
What is seen on screen is canon in these forums. If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon), then it is a violation and is illegal. MOVIE FEATS ONLY!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Again stop molding the rules to your advantage!

Oberyn has SEVERAL POISONS TO HIS DISPOSAL IN THE BOOKS. The shows have NEVER CONTRADICTED THE BOOKS IN THAT MATTER! There is no violation of rules here!

Am not contradicting any screen feats! the Show hasnt contradicted the book by saying that Oberyn only possesses one Poison! Therefore the book doesnt contradict the Show and am not breaking any rule

Any moderator can verify this.

Again, you are only supporting Azog due to fanatism.

Azog loses, me and others have given enough proves of that.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 05:18 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Thorne
"If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon)"

He is misinterpreting the rules.

He is saying that a character ONLY has the feats seen on screen, where the rule just states that in a discussion, the Show will have superiority in a case in where BOOK AND MOVIE contradict themselves.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 05:20 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Again stop molding the rules to your advantage!

Oberyn has SEVERAL POISONS TO HIS DISPOSAL IN THE BOOKS. The shows have NEVER CONTRADICTED THE BOOKS IN THAT MATTER! There is no violation of rules here!

Am not contradicting any screen feats! the Show hasnt contradicted the book by saying that Oberyn only possesses one Poison! Therefore the book doesnt contradict the Show and am not breaking any rule

Any moderator can verify this.

Again, you are only supporting Azog due to fanatism.

Azog loses, me and others have given enough proves of that.
You clearly don't understand words movie feats only. The books are not fair game here.

I don't give a shit about the books the show is different. The book is against the rules.

No, I am supporting him by being objective and going by the evidence. You're just supporting GoT characters since you love them. That's fine I enjoy smashing GoT characters by Lotr characters.

Azog is too strong and far better than Gregor who broke his spear and tossed him prior to the end of the fight.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 05:34 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Thorne

Movie feats only. Foreign cinema is the all versus with both. You're dumb as shit. Movie feats only is pretty clear.

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 05:37 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Movie feats only. Foreign cinema is the all versus with both. You're dumb as shit. Movie feats only is pretty clear.

laughing out loud

Youre wrong! Movies follow the Books info, therefore Oberyn having several poisons IS A MOVIE FEAT SINCE IT WASNT REJECTED.

Your point is disclaimed! Are we going to start throwing personal comments now?

Once more, your fanatism is the only reason you are supporting Azog.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 06:21 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Youre wrong! Movies follow the Books info, therefore Oberyn having several poisons IS A MOVIE FEAT SINCE IT WASNT REJECTED.

Your point is disclaimed! Are we going to start throwing personal comments now?

Once more, your fanatism is the only reason you are supporting Azog.
Do you know what the words movie feats only means ?

No, it isn't. Your opinion isn't a legitimate rebuttal.

No, his strength, durability, and skill is why he wins. Gregor broke his spear and he's slow as molasses. Azog smashes it to pieces.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 06:24 PM
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

It's actually pretty funny. I see the appeal of actually responding now. Its ironic as hell. He wants evidence but offers almost non, save an opinion. Then when you offer it he plugs his ears and yells "la la la la" i guess nothing much has changed since ive been gone.

At this point its pretty much proven, The Red Vipor is the victor. Im not wasting any more time reciting the same facts over and over again only to have the question dodged and be insulted by a 3 year old, lol.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 09:29 PM
quanchi112
Disney

It's actually pretty funny. I see the appeal of actually responding now. Its ironic as hell. He wants evidence but offers almost non, save an opinion. Then when you offer it he plugs his ears and yells "la la la la" i guess nothing much has changed since ive been gone.

At this point its pretty much proven, The Red Vipor is the victor. Im not wasting any more time reciting the same facts over and over again only to have the question dodged and be insulted by a 3 year old, lol.
Youve given me evidence of him against an inferior opponent who successfully broke his weapon. He also tossed him aside mid combat. Also at the end of their fight he couldn't withstand one punch without offering resistance or any defenses.

I have evidence of him being stabbed by Thorin in their final duel. We have no evidence of Oberyn withstanding much damage at all. It also took him quite some time to take Gregor down who is pitifully slow and not that skilled with a sword.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 09:49 PM