KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Mountain, The Hound and Jaime vs. Wolverine

The Mountain, The Hound and Jaime vs. Wolverine
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

Not commenting on who wins as I've only read the GOT books.

But, Just because Logan has fought more than one person at a time before doesn't mean that being outnumbered isn't a disadvantage.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:50 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wolverine will literally get raped by these people.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Not commenting on who wins as I've only read the GOT books.

But, Just because Logan has fought more than one person at a time before doesn't mean that being outnumbered isn't a disadvantage.

Of course it's a disadvantage. stick out tongue

It's just that he's handled a worse numbers disadvantage from faster opponents (without getting tagged by their swords save by their leader).

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:55 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Surtur
Wolverine will literally get raped by these people.

How so, tho?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:55 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

With only bone claws and these people in armor...I don't know how it ends well.

Maybe I am underestimating how tough his bone claws are.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Also as Nib pointed out they all have various cloth parts of armor where Logan can shred and let them bleed out.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:04 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Surtur
With only bone claws and these people in armor...I don't know how it ends well.

Maybe I am underestimating how tough his bone claws are.

He's definitely not blocking direct power blows. But he can just dodge those and roll away and he can just duck down and attack their legs the same way he does in the clips I posted.

Not an easy fight (that is why I am not convinced he wins myself, but would like to debate it as I am very bored).

The problem I have with the entire thing is that the characters involved are not fast at all (other than Jamie and he's not really all that fast himself compared to the better opponents Wolverine has faced) as Wolverine or the opponents he's faced. Especially the Hound and the Mountain, who move like they have lead weights on their feet (especially compared to RL HEMA practitioners). They are powerful, no doubt, but they need to score a direct hit to incapacitate Wolverine (as he'd heal any damage below a decap or dismemberment) and all he needs is to stab them once and he can just stay his distance and watch as they likely bleed out.

Like I said, not saying it's going to be easy for Wolverine (and I'm open to arguments that point out that he loses and am have not even made up my mind that he wins at all). Just saying it's not a lock for the team to win as Wolverine does have options.

Tho I have already posted all this in like the wall of text few pages back.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:06 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Am afraid to say Wolverine doesnt have a chance here.

Again, those bone claws wont do much. Although Wolverine is fast, he will NEED to eventually block the swords! He has 3 enemies approaching from 3 flanks. He will get sorrounded!

The moment he does, those swords will cut limbs and bones! Wolverine with no Adamantium is fragile.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:07 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Am afraid to say Wolverine doesnt have a chance here.

Again, those bone claws wont do much. Although Wolverine is fast, he will NEED to eventually block the swords! He has 3 enemies approaching from 3 flanks. He will get sorrounded!

The moment he does, those swords will cut limbs and bones! Wolverine with no Adamantium is fragile.

Wolverine isn't stupid enough to allow them to surround him before he engages one.

Likely (like anyone trained in self defense, or anyone experienced with any actual fighting, he will know or have been taught when dealing with multiple opponent and the option of "run away" or "defuse the situation" does not exist) he would position himself in a manner that would put one opponent between himself and his other opponents (effectively limiting their points of engagement), likely the Mountain as he is a slow and lumbering beast, as he does have a solid (if not huge) mobility advantage here.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:11 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, at least no one is arguing that Fox Wolverine is hypersonic anymore. Yeah, that was actually a thing for a while.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:19 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, at least no one is arguing that Fox Wolverine is hypersonic anymore. Yeah, that was actually a thing for a while.

Wait... that happened?

How?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:20 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Wait... that happened?

How?

People were arguing that because pre-experiment Wade Wilson was able to do the bullet-blocking sword feat, Wolverine not being completely blitzed by Barakapool meant that he had comparable speed to what was shown in the earlier scene.

Never mind that Wilson had his powers messed with, brain re-wired to respond to an early 80s computer, an unknown amount of adamantium pumped into his body, and never displays the same level of speed as he did pre-experiments. Or that the whole process hadn't even been properly finished and tested, and that Stryker releasing him to fight Logan had basically been a desperate gamble, meaning that Weapon XI's combat effectiveness was unknown at that point... Or, you know, the fact that Logan gets shot in the head directly after the end fight and was not even remotely fast enough to dodge... Or him being just as frozen as everyone else during the DoFP Pentagon slowmo scene... Or being repeatedly tagged by that fat-ass, Blob, in the same movie he was apparently hypersonic.

But thankfully Imp put a stop to that nonsense in the one thread a while back.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 04:28 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:26 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
People were arguing that because pre-experiment Wade Wilson was able to do the bullet-blocking sword feat, Wolverine not being completely blitzed by Barakapool meant that he had comparable speed to what was shown in the earlier scene.

Never mind that Wilson had his powers messed with, brain re-wired to respond to an early 80s computer, and an unknown amount of adamantium pumped into his body. Or that the whole process hadn't even been properly finished and tested and that Stryker releasing him to fight Logan had basically been a desperate gamble, meaning that Weapon XI's combat effectiveness was unknown at that point... Or, you know, the fact that Logan gets shot in the head directly after the end fight and was not even remotely fast enough to dodge... Or him being just as frozen as everyone else during the DoFP Pentagon slowmo scene.

But thankfully Imp put a stop to that nonsense in the one thread a while back.

Ow. Lol. O_O

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:27 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Ow. Lol. O_O

It was a pretty spectacular leap of logic. Because, using the logic that was being pushed, all of Logan's other opponents would then be in that same speed group as well. Including Juggernaut, Shingen, Silver Samurai, Blob, Creed, Mystique etc. Hell, the Fox verse would basically be a universe of speedsters.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:30 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Wolverine isn't stupid enough to allow them to surround him before he engages one.

Likely (like anyone trained in self defense, or anyone experienced with any actual fighting, he will know or have been taught when dealing with multiple opponent and the option of "run away" or "defuse the situation" does not exist) he would position himself in a manner that would put one opponent between himself and his other opponents (effectively limiting their points of engagement), likely the Mountain as he is a slow and lumbering beast, as he does have a solid (if not huge) mobility advantage here.

The moment he engages one the other two will sorround him. That is basic logic.

Jaime is a good commander. The moutain can take A LOT OF PUNISHMENT. He could easily grab Wolverine without getting much damage from those Bone claws, while Jaime and Sandor butcher Wolverine with thos Swords!

Wolverine gets raped. That is certain.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:40 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

The moment he engages one the other two will sorround him. That is basic logic.

Jaime is a good commander. The moutain can take A LOT OF PUNISHMENT. He could easily grab Wolverine without getting much damage from those Bone claws, while Jaime and Sandor butcher Wolverine with thos Swords!

Wolverine gets raped. That is certain.

What does being a good commander have anything to do with anything here? Of course he will tell them to try and flank Logan (doesn't take any "brilliance" to figure that out). But success would require that the Hound and the Mountain be fast enough to keep up. By the time they can even get close to a flank, Wolvie would have engaged the Mountain, stabbed his leg (see: the Wolverine clips) and rolled away (w/c he has also done in the Wolverine clips I showed).

Lol at the Mountain doing a grapple without taking damage (he couldn't even chase down Oberyn who is not as fast via "feats" nor has leap distance that Wolvie has shown). When Wolverine has been shown to be far faster than him and has superhuman strength himself.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 05:06 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:59 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

What does being a good commander have anything to do with anything here? Of course he will tell them to try and flank Logan (doesn't take any "brilliance" to figure that out). But success would require that the Hound and the Mountain be fast enough to keep up. By the time they can even get close to a flank, Wolvie would have engaged the Mountain, stabbed his leg (see: the Wolverine clips) and rolled away (w/c he has also done in the Wolverine clips I showed).

Lol at the Mountain doing a grapple without taking damage (he couldn't even chase down Oberyn who is not as fast via "feats" nor has leap distance that Wolvie has shown). When Wolverine has been shown to be far faster than him and has superhuman strength himself.

First of all no. A good comander grants the team coordination.

With Jaime giving orders, and Sandor and Gregor following orders..Bone wolverine is as good as ****ed!

Wolverine doesnt have 1m long claws to keep distance. Wolverine WILL HAVE to get close. Once he does, the mountain grabs him and beats his brains out of his skull!

I love Wolverine, but bone wolverine is 1000 times more vulnerable than Bone one. Sorry but i never support the side with Less probability...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 05:19 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

First of all no. A good comander grants the team coordination.

With Jaime giving orders, and Sandor and Gregor following orders..Bone wolverine is as good as ****ed!

Wolverine doesnt have 1m long claws to keep distance. Wolverine WILL HAVE to get close. Once he does, the mountain grabs him and beats his brains out of his skull!

I love Wolverine, but bone wolverine is 1000 times more vulnerable than Bone one. Sorry but i never support the side with Less probability...

Except that even with the best coordination, they would still need to move fast enough to keep up with Wolverine before he can reposition. Which they're not.

He doesn't need to keep distance, in fact the opposite is true, he needs to close in (from inside their guard) and inflict (even minor) damage and get out. Which he fast enough, skilled enough and strong enough to do by "feats". Blood loss and exhaustion will do the rest (big guys in armor swinging big swords while bleeding will get tired sooner than later).

Again, with Gregor grabbing and easily overpowering Wolvie. When 1) He wasn't able to grab Oberyn til Oberyn literally offered him his ankle and turned around WWE style. 2) Wolverine has Superstrength himself and would have a decent chance of being able to shake off Gregor 3) He would have been stabbed in the thigh before he can do a grapple.

Wolverine has been able to (top of my mind):

Lift and wield 200-250 lbs dirt bike like it was a 10lbs folding chair (The Wolverine). Zero effort.
Toss 2 fully grown and geared men (200 lbs each?) One arm each. Around 5-10 feet with no leverage or effort (X2).
Toss the head of a Danger room sim Sentinel (a metal head as tall as he is) over 30 feet after decaping it (X:LS, outlier I know)
Toss Sabertooth (200 lbs guy) 10-15 feet vertically into the air, again with no leverage, just shoulder strength. (X:O)
Go toe to toe, strength to strength with Sabertooth (who has bona fide super strength) as well as the Silver Samurai power armor. (X:O)

What are Gregor's best strength "feats" (Other than being a big brute)?

No, this current online "persona" of yours supports GoT characters with an obvious bias. I know you are just having a little fun, tho. So no hate. thumb up

Last edited by Nibedicus on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 05:39 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 05:34 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Except that even with the best coordination, they would still need to move fast enough to keep up with Wolverine before he can reposition. Which they're not.

He doesn't need to keep distance, in fact the opposite is true, he needs to close in (from inside their guard) and inflict (even minor) damage and get out. Which he fast enough, skilled enough and strong enough to do by "feats". Blood loss and exhaustion will do the rest (big guys in armor swinging big swords while bleeding will get tired sooner than later).

Again, with Gregor grabbing and easily overpowering Wolvie. When 1) He wasn't able to grab Oberyn til Oberyn literally offered him his ankle and turned around WWE style. 2) Wolverine has Superstrength himself and would have a decent chance of being able to shake off Gregor 3) He would have been stabbed in the thigh before he can do a grapple.

Wolverine has been able to (top of my mind):

Lift and wield 200-250 lbs dirt bike like it was a 10lbs folding chair (The Wolverine). Zero effort.
Toss 2 fully grown and geared men (200 lbs each?) One arm each. Around 5-10 feet with no leverage or effort (X2).
Toss the head of a Danger room sim Sentinel (a metal head as tall as he is) over 30 feet after decaping it (X:LS, outlier I know)
Toss Sabertooth (200 lbs guy) 10-15 feet vertically into the air, again with no leverage, just shoulder strength. (X:O)
Go toe to toe, strength to strength with Sabertooth (who has bona fide super strength) as well as the Silver Samurai power armor. (X:O)

What are Gregor's best strength "feats" (Other than being a big brute)?

No, this current online "persona" of yours supports GoT characters with an obvious bias. I know you are just having a little fun, tho. So no hate. thumb up

First thing you got wrong, Oberyn had a 4ft lance which prevented the Mountain from getting close! Wolverine getting close would mean getting SEVERLY PUNISHED BY the Mountain!

The Mountain can DECAPITATE a HORSE with one swing of his Sword! I can see Wolverine EASILY losing an arm if he gets close!

Wolverine isnt flash! He isnt a dodger he is a blocker! In MOST of his fights with the ninjas he used his ADAMANTIUM CLAWS to block Katana Swords! He cant do the same now!

Wolverine will get Struck! The moment he does several bones will get fractured! Healing will take longer, his speed will decrease as well as his stamina. Its just a matter of time before ANYONE gives a killer or KO strike!

Jaime isnt a common Ninja! Jaime still can give a LOT of damaging blows.

Accept it! Wolverine is on the losing side.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:13 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

1) First thing you got wrong, Oberyn had a 4ft lance which prevented the Mountain from getting close! Wolverine getting close would mean getting SEVERLY PUNISHED BY the Mountain!

2) The Mountain can DECAPITATE a HORSE with one swing of his Sword! I can see Wolverine EASILY losing an arm if he gets close!

3) Wolverine isnt flash! He isnt a dodger he is a blocker! In MOST of his fights with the ninjas he used his ADAMANTIUM CLAWS to block Katana Swords! He cant do the same now!

4) Wolverine will get Struck! The moment he does several bones will get fractured!

5) Healing will take longer, his speed will decrease as well as his stamina. Its just a matter of time before ANYONE gives a killer or KO strike!

6) Jaime isnt a common Ninja! Jaime still can give a LOT of damaging blows.

Accept it! Wolverine is on the losing side.

1) Not when the Mountain broke it and knocked it from his hands:

https://youtu.be/QS2IYyywZMs

(3:13-3:24) Couldn't even hit Oberyn when Oberyn was unarmed on his ass on the ground. With a huge ass sword. That was a pretty bad showing really.

(3:45) And he tried to charge Oberyn, which was slow AF and easily sidestepped.

2) Which needs to be a direct power blow w/c is slow AF and easily avoided by someone of Wovlerine's dodging "feats". Come on, man. You're just repeating yourself now.

3) Except for all the times where he did duck and dodge and rolled and avoided attacks (that I posted videos of), amirite?

He blocked them because he can. If he can't, then he will dodge. Like he did several attacks in the video I posted (timestamped for your convenience). He's not a moron and I've already shown video evidence of him being able to adapt his tactics. Again in the videos I posted.

I already said this. Come on, if you're gonna ignore the evidence I post, we don't really have much to talk about. I put some work into that stuff.

4) Their power attacks are too slow to tag him. (Source: Video I posted when the Mountain and Hound fought).

I'm sure the faster stabs and slashes could glancingly tag him eventually but those don't do enough damage for Wolverine to be even be all that bothered by them.

5) You are VERY wrong here. Time is NOT on their side.

Any minor damage they take will make bleed out slowly and exhaust their stamina.

You use up 2x the amount of energy to move in armor than you do when not armored (and they'll be chasing around a much more nimble guy):

"Nevertheless, the team found that the volunteers expended nearly twice as much energy walking and running while wearing the armor as when they weren't."

(Source: http://www.popularmechanics.com/cul...hs-to-the-test/)

Wolverine's healing factor (when it was not weakened like it was in Logan) has never been shown to tax his stamina.

It's not a matter of time at all. Time is on Wolvie's side, the longer he draws it out (using his superior mobility to dictate the pace of the fight).

6) Of course Jamie is not a ninja. He's not as fast or as agile. How does him not being a ninja mean he can deal out damaging blows? Kind of a non-sequitur here, buddy.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 06:36 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:31 PM