KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Mountain, The Hound and Jaime vs. Wolverine

The Mountain, The Hound and Jaime vs. Wolverine
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HulkIsHulk

I am not yet decided on any side winning, but I would like to address some points used against Wolverine. I'm gonna just quote the general idea

quote:

Wolverine's claws got broken by Sabretooth. They will be cut into pieces

So? It's not like he can't heal them back or something. And it's not like Sabretooth can't punch through concrete

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
1. A sword hit from Jaime would definetly break bones! The reason because weve not seen himnto is because in all his fights his blows have been blocked by other swords. Once Wolverine getd a broken arm or leg his movility will decrease! It only takes ONE blow from Sandor or Gregor to lose a limb. The probabilities of Wolverine getting broken bones is high

So you're basically saying Jaime is capable of something he has never shown to be able to. Gotcha.

quote:

3. Wolverine has no reliable Weapon! Bone Claws are fragile and non meaningful against armor...Wolverine has a disadvantage here. Put Bone Wolverine against those Ninjas and things would have been much different!....

[/B]

I've seen you keep insisting Wolverine's bones and claws are fragile, with nothing to back up those claims. Even Sabretooth who broke his claws, had legit superstrength, and was consistently capable of oneshot killing humans, casual necksnaps and ripped out John Wraith's spine and restrain Weapon XI. He landed several blows on Wolverine in their fight but only two broke bones. Then Logan got crushed by several logs, thrown into a truck sent flying up but did not break anything there either.

https://youtu.be/0N7ZDpIbx10

Also some more against your stance on his '''fragile''' skeleton

At 0:36 he gets hit by a cannonball at point blank range yet is able to withstand that

Also, strength feats

At 0:24 he hits an incoming soldier with his rifle butt so hard that the soldiers neck tears out

At 1:08 using his rifle he smacks a soldier hard enough to send him flying into few more incoming soldier and drop them all

Then he punches out another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3lP3Sr0yKs

Then in the flashback scene in The Wolverine his bone claws are shown to cut into rock. And that is without DOPF

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:20 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I am not yet decided on any side winning, but I would like to address some points used against Wolverine. I'm gonna just quote the general idea

[QUOTE=16337413]Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
[B]So? It's not like he can't heal them back or something. And it's not like Sabretooth can't punch through concrete

He can heal them back, but it takes him a lot of time. Once he loses his claws, then he is vulnerable.

So you're basically saying Jaime is capable of something he has never shown to be able to. Gotcha.

What would happen if you were to block a sword with your arm? It doesn't need to be shown on screen, it's just a matter of logic.

I've seen you keep insisting Wolverine's bones and claws are fragile, with nothing to back up those claims. Even Sabretooth who broke his claws, had legit superstrength, and was consistently capable of oneshot killing humans, casual necksnaps and ripped out John Wraith's spine and restrain Weapon XI. He landed several blows on Wolverine in their fight but only two broke bones. Then Logan got crushed by several logs, thrown into a truck sent flying up but did not break anything there either.

https://youtu.be/0N7ZDpIbx10

Also some more against your stance on his '''fragile''' skeleton

At 0:36 he gets hit by a cannonball at point blank range yet is able to withstand that

Also, strength feats

At 0:24 he hits an incoming soldier with his rifle butt so hard that the soldiers neck tears out

At 1:08 using his rifle he smacks a soldier hard enough to send him flying into few more incoming soldier and drop them all

Then he punches out another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3lP3Sr0yKs

Then in the flashback scene in The Wolverine his bone claws are shown to cut into rock. And that is without DOPF

They are bone claws.

Again block a sword with a bone, what would be the outcome?

There is no evidence as to say that Wolverine bone's are any different from normal bones.

His bones will break and fracture if you hit him with a Sword.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:33 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

There is no evidence as to say that Wolverine bone's are any different from normal bones.

Wolverine (bone claw version) was tackled hard enough to throw him 20 feet back (would have crushed any human's ribs and back), tossed so hard he spun around a few times before hitting a log loader's claw back first (would have easily crushed his spine), crushed under thousands of pounds of logs (and they fell on him not just rolled over him), got tossed in front of a moving truck so hard that he bounced off the truck's fender, violently bounced around on top of the logs it was carrying and landed onto some metal tracks.

Source: Wolverine vs Sabertooth fight.

These injuries would have easily crushed (easily) crushed a human being to an extent that his guts would spill out and break every rib, spine, limbs and rupture multiple (if not every single) organs.

Any GoT character would have easily died to any of these injuries (due to them sticking to a certain level of "realism").

If those are not proof of his bones being >>> human bones. I don't know what is.

Edit. Also, I already covered this in one of my posts (sigh).

Last edited by Nibedicus on Sep 25th, 2017 at 05:59 AM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 05:53 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Wolverine (bone claw version) was tackled hard enough to throw him 20 feet back (would have crushed any human's ribs and back), tossed so hard he spun around a few times before hitting a log loader's claw back first (would have easily crushed his spine), crushed under thousands of pounds of logs (and they fell on him not just rolled over him), got tossed in front of a moving truck so hard that he bounced off the truck's fender, violently bounced around on top of the logs it was carrying and landed onto some metal tracks.

Source: Wolverine vs Sabertooth fight.

These injuries would have easily crushed (easily) crushed a human being to an extent that his guts would spill out and break every rib, spine, limbs and rupture multiple (if not every single) organs.

Any GoT character would have easily died to any of these injuries (due to them sticking to a certain level of "realism").

If those are not proof of his bones being >>> human bones. I don't know what is.

Edit. Also, I already covered this in one of my posts (sigh).

And is there evidence they didnt broke?

They might as well have! But we all know wolverine isnt the type of guy which will become useless due to a couple of broken bones.

Wolverine might have gotten fracture ribs, or bones. But isnt enough to stop him.

Also remember that this time he isnt going to be tossed. This time they are going to blow him with Sharp Swords. So those bones WILL get cut.

Unless you have evidence that those bones can resist swords then Wolverine is still on the losing side.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 03:31 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

And is there evidence they didnt broke?

They might as well have! But we all know wolverine isnt the type of guy which will become useless due to a couple of broken bones.

Wolverine might have gotten fracture ribs, or bones. But isnt enough to stop him.

Also remember that this time he isnt going to be tossed. This time they are going to blow him with Sharp Swords. So those bones WILL get cut.

Unless you have evidence that those bones can resist swords then Wolverine is still on the losing side.

Again, had the bones been broken the way normal bones would break in these instances, it would have been messily evident (twisted limbs, bones sticking out of or thru one's skin, guts spilled out, his body flattened out, etc - you know, gross stuff). Also, he was able to stand up and keep fighting after a few of these. Again, had he suffered broken bones (to the extent that these impacts would inflict to a normal human body) standing up would have been impossible (broken spine would have paralyzed him).These are not the types of impacts that only leaves minor unseen fractures. He would have been a twisted mess. He had none of those. Either his regen is so good that his bones stitch as soon as they are broken or they are much more durable than human bones.

Now now. Don't be stawmanning me. I replied to your comment that Wolverine's bones had no evidence of being any better than human bones. I merely provided evidence to correct this misconception.

As to the relevance to this, pertaining to the debate, I point you to the arguments I made 2-3 pages ago (as, at this point, I reallllyy don't repeat those same arguments again as they are quite long). Hint: had to do with the types of sword cuts needed.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Sep 25th, 2017 at 04:14 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 04:11 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Again, had the bones been broken the way normal bones would break in these instances, it would have been messily evident (twisted limbs, bones sticking out of or thru one's skin, guts spilled out, his body flattened out, etc - you know, gross stuff). Also, he was able to stand up and keep fighting after a few of these. Again, had he suffered broken bones (to the extent that these impacts would inflict to a normal human body) standing up would have been impossible (broken spine would have paralyzed him).These are not the types of impacts that only leaves minor unseen fractures. He would have been a twisted mess. He had none of those. Either his regen is so good that his bones stitch as soon as they are broken or they are much more durable than human bones.

Now now. Don't be stawmanning me. I replied to your comment that Wolverine's bones had no evidence of being any better than human bones. I merely provided evidence to correct this misconception.

As to the relevance to this, pertaining to the debate, I point you to the arguments I made 2-3 pages ago (as, at this point, I reallllyy don't repeat those same arguments again as they are quite long). Hint: had to do with the types of sword cuts needed.

Nevertheless is still not evidence enough to say his bones can resist a sword!

I wont repeat myself neither. Bring me evidence that bone claws can hold a sword and then we can continue this discussion.

Until then Wolverine loses.

The reason i am supporting GoT characters, is because i know Wolverines bones wont endure a sword! If you can show me that they can, then i will change my mind.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 04:39 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Nevertheless is still not evidence enough to say his bones can resist a sword!

I wont repeat myself neither. Bring me evidence that bone claws can hold a sword and then we can continue this discussion.

Until then Wolverine loses.

The reason i am supporting GoT characters, is because i know Wolverines bones wont endure a sword! If you can show me that they can, then i will change my mind.

Already covered this whole line of argument, tho. We're just repeating ourselves at this point. If anyone wants me to reference my points that counter these arguments, pls visit pages 2-6 of this thread and read my replies exclusively.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 05:50 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Already covered this whole line of argument, tho. We're just repeating ourselves at this point. If anyone wants me to reference my points that counter these arguments, pls visit pages 2-6 of this thread and read my replies exclusively.

So why are we arguing then?

No evidence to say that the bones will take a Sword!

Wolverine is on the losing side.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 06:19 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

So why are we arguing then?

No evidence to say that the bones will take a Sword!

Wolverine is on the losing side.

Non-Sequitur.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 06:30 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Non-Sequitur.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 06:59 PM