KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Or these planet feats

Or these planet feats
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
This is off topic Darksaint but I'm curious so answer a question for me. Do you have any posters on ignore and if so why ?

Only Carver.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 07:50 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Ok. So say I can throw a 10 lb rock at 20 mph. But I doubt I'd be strong enough to punch it and shatter it.
Can you move it across the ground

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 07:51 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Only Carver.
I believe you're joking because you have a carver fetish but I'll play along. What is the point of ignoring someone you vehemently oppose from an argumentative level.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 07:52 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Ok. So say I can throw a 10 lb rock at 20 mph. But I doubt I'd be strong enough to punch it and shatter it.

Yeah,so it depends how fast you're throwing it.

Like my original post said.

Imagine throwing that 10lb rock at 200mph.

200000000000000000mph.

Etc etc.

One measure (blowing it up) is finite. The other is infinite.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 07:52 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I believe you're joking because you have a carver fetish but I'll play along. What is the point of ignoring someone you vehemently oppose from an argumentative level.

Lol...he doesn't have me on ignore. He responds to every single post I make in any thread. Like you said, he does have a fetish.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 07:53 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Because it's boring to argue against them. You can predict what they're going to say, their viewpoint, everything. There's no fun, no interest. But you save on web page real estate.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 07:54 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

Wow! Lifting something affects nothing. Moving something affects nothing in comics. Characters lift and move heavy things all the time. Destroying large things or tuff things is FAR more impressive. Why do you think superfriends drool over superman destroying probes? Fear not the ones that can lift or move you, but fear the one that can destroy you.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 07:58 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Because it's boring to argue against them. You can predict what they're going to say, their viewpoint, everything. There's no fun, no interest. But you save on web page real estate.
Once you've had multiple years of interaction with anyone you usually can predict their arguments and tire of the same debates. I don't see why to ignore them but then again I've always viewed turning a blind eye to the dissenting opinion as weakness. I'm more of a Michael Jordanesque mentality that dissenters drive me and motivate me. But just as there is only one Jordan from the NBA there is only one Quan when it comes to message boards. I actually view it as a notch on my belt as I've broken their will.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 08:00 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

200000000000000000mph.

Etc etc.

Then you and some others that agree with you come help me move this 427 engine block off the back of my truck and carry it into my garage. Don't care how fast you get it on the stand. On the other hand, I think I'll go with the 468 block. Destroy the 427 with your bare hands fellows. 😏

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 08:18 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

200000000000000000mph.

Etc etc.

Thanks. Makes a little more sense.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 08:23 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by JBL
Then you and some others that agree with you come help me move this 427 engine block off the back of my truck and carry it into my garage. Don't care how fast you get it on the stand. On the other hand, I think I'll go with the 468 block. Destroy the 427 with your bare hands fellows. 😏

This is kinda what I was thinking originally.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 08:24 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by JBL

Both are difficult to do....you seem to think that just because I said moving is more impressive, that I can destroy lol.

Your logic is incredibly poor.

How much energy does it take to move ANYtjing from rest to lightspeed? let's say a 1lb weight.

Accelerate that to lightspeed, please. Let's make it 1lb of marshmallows.

I bet I could smash it though.

But please, move it at lightspeed.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 08:43 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

Both are difficult to do....you seem to think that just because I said moving is more impressive, that I can destroy lol.

Your logic is incredibly poor.

How much energy does it take to move ANYtjing from rest to lightspeed? let's say a 1lb weight.

Accelerate that to lightspeed, please. Let's make it 1lb of marshmallows.

I bet I could smash it though.

But please, move it at lightspeed.
Sign! If I could move at light speed sure. I can move it at the speed I'm capable of. Answer this. Which would take more energy from superman? Flying a 1000 lb ball of primary Adamantiun at light speed or him standing there trying to destroy it with his fists??

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 08:58 PM
DarkSaint85

When planets are made of adamantium, get back to me.

How about a 1000lb ball of Earth?

How can you not realize that to get to lightspeed requires more energy than smashing???

And to answer your question, if I could smash it, sure. See how easy that was lol.

Do you even know basic physics?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 09:04 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

When planets are made of adamantium, get back to me.

How about a 1000lb ball of Earth?

How can you not realize that to get to lightspeed requires more energy than smashing???

And to answer your question, if I could smash it, sure. See how easy that was lol.

Do you even know basic physics?
Did the OP say moving a planet at light speed? Get with the Subject

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 09:11 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by JBL
Did the OP say moving a planet at light speed? Get with the Subject

Get with my post, which you jumped on (and only now, hilariously realising your mistake):

Depends on how fast you're moving the planet as well,tbh.

Originally posted by JBL
That's 95% flight speed.

Point being?

OP never asked about strength, lol. Just to order them.

If you push a planet at lightspeed or whatever, that's more impressive than busting a planet.

Originally posted by JBL
Yeah, I'm more impressed with the one who can push a military tank fast across the field than the one who stood there and destroyed it with their fist.😏

So as I said in my very first post here: Depends on how fast you are moving. But noooo, rather than agree with me, you decide to be the big shot, and try and step up to argue.

So we BOTH agree. It depends on how fast you're pushing the planet.

Thanks for playing.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 09:15 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

Get with my post, which you jumped on (and only now, hilariously realising your mistake)big grino you know what flight assist is?

So as I said in my very first post here: Depends on how fast you are moving. But noooo, rather than agree with me, you decide to be the big shot, and try and step up to argue.

So we BOTH agree. It depends on how fast you're pushing the planet.

Thanks for playing.
Do you know what flight assist is? If you want to use light speed, then lift the planet at light speed and then try destroying the planet while hitting it with punches at light speed. Two of the things are doing One thing. Lifting or pushing. That's it. The other is punching the hell out of it multiple times, far more energy used

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 09:25 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by JBL
Do you know what flight assist is? If you want to use light speed, then lift the planet at light speed and then try destroying the planet while hitting it with punches at light speed. Two of the things are doing One thing. Lifting or pushing. That's it. The other is punching the hell out of it multiple times, far more energy used

To move the Earth:
4.457×10^32 J

source: https://www.quora.com/How-much-ener...ld-achieve-this

This isn't talking about lightspeed or whatever. Just moving the Earth out of its orbit.

To destroy the Earth:
2x10^32 J

Source:https://www.quora.com/How-much-ener...troy-the-planet

So ignoring lightspeed or whatever, just to move the planet (Assuming it is ALREADY STOPPED, lol) takes TWICE as much energy than to destroy it.

Cold, hard numbers.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 09:38 PM
-K-M-

False news

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 09:54 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

A rock is not the same as a celestial object.

If you had enough strength to move an entire planet it would just break apart anyway.

So in terms of energy output moving a planet at high speeds is far above just one shotting it.

Earth is like what, nearly 8000 miles in diameter? Push it fast enough to cover 1 diameter per second and you are moving that shit at low relativistic speeds. Thats huge.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 10:20 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote