KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » How many Borg Soldiers Can Each Guy Take At One Time

How many Borg Soldiers Can Each Guy Take At One Time
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShadowFyre
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
What's so ironic about this is h1s avatar has Data in it. One of the great examples of him tearing through borg via strength and hits. He doesn't even realize it.


I keep thinking there's a hot chick as your avatar and I keep zooming in and it's still Hilary.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 01:12 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gender: Male
Location: The Batcave

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
What's so ironic about this is h1s avatar has Data in it. One of the great examples of him tearing through borg via strength and hits. He doesn't even realize it.


he prolly don't even know who data is, let alone what data has done


__________________



Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:08 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I keep thinking there's a hot chick as your avatar and I keep zooming in and it's still Hilary.


How dare you besmirch her royal highness!


__________________
Book of the Year: What Happened. Runner up; Shattered: Inside the Doomed Campaign of Hillary Clinton

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:11 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
he prolly don't even know who data is, let alone what data has done


laughing out loud


__________________
Book of the Year: What Happened. Runner up; Shattered: Inside the Doomed Campaign of Hillary Clinton

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:12 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
They are personal fields attuned to deflect specific energy wavelengths. They would not put up barriers to block physical force because that would directly interfere with assimilation processes. They are technologically advanced, not magical block everything wizards and were never meant to be so.


Probably so. But if they could do generic force fields then they could just turn it off to assimilate.

But, you are be right. Those weren't generic forcefields, but energy specifically tuned for a certain frequency of energy. My argument is that they can POTENTIALLY generate generic forcefields eventually to defend against blunt attacks.

In theory, or using the suspension of disbelief, they should be able to. It would be incredibly stupid to take out thousands one at a time with bullets and none of them can adapt to basic bullets.

That makes no sense. Therefore, it won't happen.


__________________
"Such fragile lifeformses."

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:27 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

We argue based on feats, not what you believe makes sense.

If you want to argue that they will enact generic force fields to stop blunt force, then you must provide evidence of them doing so.


__________________
posted by Badabing
I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:50 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Gender: Male
Location: Punching you in the throat.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Probably so. But if they could do generic force fields then they could just turn it off to assimilate.

But, you are be right. Those weren't generic forcefields, but energy specifically tuned for a certain frequency of energy. My argument is that they can POTENTIALLY generate generic forcefields eventually to defend against blunt attacks.

In theory, or using the suspension of disbelief, they should be able to. It would be incredibly stupid to take out thousands one at a time with bullets and none of them can adapt to basic bullets.

That makes no sense. Therefore, it won't happen.


"Could be's" don't cut it. If they had those, they would block everything Data and Worf did. Hell, not even tactical borgs have those. The only one we have seen with personal physically effective forcefields was from One in [urlhttp://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Drone_(episode)]Star Trek Voyager Episode 195: Drone[/url]

I'm sorry, but the Borg are well known for not changing their methodology until they are absolutely forced to. That is their MO. That is one of their specific weaknesses. They adapt, but they don't learn.


__________________


The Supreme Master Of The Fist!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 04:01 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
We argue based on feats, not what you believe makes sense.

If you want to argue that they will enact generic force fields to stop blunt force, then you must provide evidence of them doing so.


But he can't, now what?


__________________
Book of the Year: What Happened. Runner up; Shattered: Inside the Doomed Campaign of Hillary Clinton

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:49 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
"Could be's" don't cut it. If they had those, they would block everything Data and Worf did. Hell, not even tactical borgs have those. The only one we have seen with personal physically effective forcefields was from One in [urlhttp://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Drone_(episode)]Star Trek Voyager Episode 195: Drone[/url]

I'm sorry, but the Borg are well known for not changing their methodology until they are absolutely forced to. That is their MO. That is one of their specific weaknesses. They adapt, but they don't learn.


He will never admit he's wrong, he will just keep making things up and misrepresenting characters and feats.


__________________
Book of the Year: What Happened. Runner up; Shattered: Inside the Doomed Campaign of Hillary Clinton

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:51 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

H1 is a very emotional poster, he firmly believes in feels before reals.


__________________
posted by Badabing
I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 09:09 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
"Could be's" don't cut it. If they had those, they would block everything Data and Worf did. Hell, not even tactical borgs have those. The only one we have seen with personal physically effective forcefields was from One in [urlhttp://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Drone_(episode)]Star Trek Voyager Episode 195: Drone[/url]

I'm sorry, but the Borg are well known for not changing their methodology until they are absolutely forced to. That is their MO. That is one of their specific weaknesses. They adapt, but they don't learn.


Are there thousands of them or millions?
Either way I don't see someone beating all of them, one at a time, with bullets, without them eventually adapting some type of force field. They would be forced to, right?

Otherwise, it would be pretty stupid and go against the suspension of disbelief.

They don't have to adapt right away. Maybe after 20 go down then they would.

But you just gave evidence that it is possible for them to create personal force fields.


__________________
"Such fragile lifeformses."

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 01:54 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Snoke

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

Possibility is not how we debate it's based on what we can prove. How old are you H1 ? You've been here for years and you're as clueless as someone in their first two weeks on the site.


__________________

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 01:59 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
We argue based on feats, not what you believe makes sense.

If you want to argue that they will enact generic force fields to stop blunt force, then you must provide evidence of them doing so.



The other poster already gave proof of them generating personal generic force fields from a Voyager episode. Even without that evidence, they can be reasoned to be able to do so.

Arguing from feats also includes drawing REASONABLE inferences.


__________________
"Such fragile lifeformses."

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 02:07 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Gender: Male
Location: Punching you in the throat.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
The other poster already gave proof of them generating personal generic force fields from a Voyager episode. Even without that evidence, they can be reasoned to be able to do so.

Arguing from feats also includes drawing REASONABLE inferences.


Except we see that ordinary borg from the 24th century (The ones with the longest screentime) simply do not have kinetic forcefields and are known to be vulnerable to kinetic forces. My proof was for a unique character called One, a Borg created with 29th century technology.

Don't mistake my evidence. Also, you can't infer abilities not seen or hinted at at all. Like I said, if Data can manhandle borg, and wof can dice them up with his blades, and the Borg are not adapting within seconds, then you are wrong, and you should admit to such.


__________________


The Supreme Master Of The Fist!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 02:20 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Possibility is not how we debate it's based on what we can prove. How old are you H1 ? You've been here for years and you're as clueless as someone in their first two weeks on the site.


It is how we debate. Adapting abilities gives us the ability to argue shit that wasn't shown. It's in the very nature of that particular power.
If DD was stated to adapt to shit on the fly and shown to adapt to attacks thrown his way then we can reasonably assume that he can adapt to attacks not shown. Why? Because this is his superpower.


__________________
"Such fragile lifeformses."

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 02:20 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Gender: Male
Location: Philippines

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
H1 is a very emotional poster, he firmly believes in feels before reals.


laughing

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 02:26 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Snoke

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
It is how we debate. Adapting abilities gives us the ability to argue shit that wasn't shown. It's in the very nature of that particular power.
If DD was stated to adapt to shit on the fly and shown to adapt to attacks thrown his way then we can reasonably assume that he can adapt to attacks not shown. Why? Because this is his superpower.
We argue based off the limits shown and the tendencies of the characters. He's still to this day not adapted to blunt force trauma. And there are many attacks that have killed him. You even admitted you've debated topics in which you haven't seen the material in over a decade based off memory alone. You're the worst.


__________________

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 02:31 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
We argue based off the limits shown and the tendencies of the characters. He's still to this day not adapted to blunt force trauma. And there are many attacks that have killed him. You even admitted you've debated topics in which you haven't seen the material in over a decade based off memory alone. You're the worst.
A generic forcefield is within the limits of the Borg's technology.

Only a few Borg were killed by blunt force. There are millions of them at the very least.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Except we see that ordinary borg from the 24th century (The ones with the longest screentime) simply do not have kinetic forcefields and are known to be vulnerable to kinetic forces. My proof was for a unique character called One, a Borg created with 29th century technology.

Don't mistake my evidence. Also, you can't infer abilities not seen or hinted at at all. Like I said, if Data can manhandle borg, and wof can dice them up with his blades, and the Borg are not adapting within seconds, then you are wrong, and you should admit to such.


They don't have to adapt within seconds. They can possibly adapt after an hour or any reasonable time.

The OP stated the Borg. All members should be included, unless specified.

But I digress. If it's not reasonable (under forum rules) to assume the Borg would eventually generate kinetic force fields before going extinct, then I'll concede the argument here. But ill still maintain my opinion on that they can.


__________________
"Such fragile lifeformses."

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Sep 24th, 2017 at 02:44 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 02:40 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Gender: Male
Location: Punching you in the throat.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
They don't have to adapt within seconds. They can possibly adapt after an hour or any reasonable time.

The OP stated the Borg. All members should be included, unless specified.

But I digress. If it's not reasonable (under forum rules) to assume the Borg would eventually generate kinetic force fields before going extinct, then I'll concede the argument here. But ill still maintain my opinion on that they can.


You DO realize what you are inferring is in no way true, right? I mean the Borg have had literally YEARS since the battle of Wolf 359, and even longer since Q Who, to adapt to physical blows, yet come First Contact, or even Voyager, and they are STILL vulnerable to physical force. So no. After years of time to adapt, they have yet to do so. Your inference is unreasonable and not demonstrated.

And I just used the entire collective's time to adapt, and you still do not have a point.

You can maintain an opinion, even if it is demonstrably wrong, if you want to, but unfortunately, without some sort of evidence to base such an opinion on, it will not carry any weight in a debate.


__________________


The Supreme Master Of The Fist!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 02:46 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Snoke

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
A generic forcefield is within the limits of the Borg's technology.

Only a few Borg were killed by blunt force. There are millions of them at the very least.



They don't have to adapt within seconds. They can possibly adapt after an hour or any reasonable time.

The OP stated the Borg. All members should be included, unless specified.

But I digress. If it's not reasonable (under forum rules) to assume the Borg would eventually generate kinetic force fields before going extinct, then I'll concede the argument here. But ill still maintain my opinion on that they can.
Then why did you say you were arguing what wasn't shown ? Which is it ?


__________________

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 02:57 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 07:56 AM.
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » How many Borg Soldiers Can Each Guy Take At One Time

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.