KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » How many Borg Soldiers Can Each Guy Take At One Time

How many Borg Soldiers Can Each Guy Take At One Time
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
You DO realize what you are inferring is in no way true, right? I mean the Borg have had literally YEARS since the battle of Wolf 359, and even longer since Q Who, to adapt to physical blows, yet come First Contact, or even Voyager, and they are STILL vulnerable to physical force. So no. After years of time to adapt, they have yet to do so. Your inference is unreasonable and not demonstrated.

And I just used the entire collective's time to adapt, and you still do not have a point.

You can maintain an opinion, even if it is demonstrably wrong, if you want to, but unfortunately, without some sort of evidence to base such an opinion on, it will not carry any weight in a debate.

Time is irrelevant. It's about the amount of Borg destroyed.
If thousands of them were destroyed with blunt force without adapting then you have a point. But only a handful or less was.

You know that debating here isn't about winning or losing. Everyone here will always maintain what their belief is, even if it is wrong. Just look at Quanchi.
I can see if this was a battlezone with judges. We would have a clear winner in that case.

The debating we do is about swaying someone's opinion. If we can't do that then it doesn't matter.

But if the One is included in this group then the Borg instantly adapts forcefields due to his knowledge.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:02 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by h1a8
If thousands of them were destroyed with blunt force without adapting then you have a point. But only a handful or less was.

No it's not. The Borg can adapt after a single drone is destroyed, and they have demonstrated this throughout TNG and even Voyager. You are literally demonstrably wrong on this point.

You know that debating here isn't about winning or losing. Everyone here will always maintain what their belief is, even if it is wrong. Just look at Quanchi.
I can see if this was a battlezone with judges. We would have a clear winner in that case.

If you want a place where clear winners are defined, then Spacebattles actually has enforced rules of debating. That being said, debating is about convincing the oposition of your point of view.

The debating we do is about swaying someone's opinion. If we can't do that then it doesn't matter.

Then why bother? I mean I'm here only to provide correct information. Sometimes I'm wrong, and when that occurs, I admit it. BUT that has not happened here, because your methodology goes against every demonstrated aspect of Borg adaption technology and methods.

But if the One is included in this group then the Borg instantly adapts forcefields due to his knowledge.

But he is not. One specifically fought against 24th century Borg. he's not one of them.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:09 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

How many times did the Borg adapt to blunt force trauma?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 04:24 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

No it's not. The Borg can adapt after a single drone is destroyed, and they have demonstrated this throughout TNG and even Voyager. You are literally demonstrably wrong on this point.

If you want a place where clear winners are defined, then Spacebattles actually has enforced rules of debating. That being said, debating is about convincing the oposition of your point of view.

Then why bother? I mean I'm here only to provide correct information. Sometimes I'm wrong, and when that occurs, I admit it. BUT that has not happened here, because your methodology goes against every demonstrated aspect of Borg adaption technology and methods.

But he is not. One specifically fought against 24th century Borg. he's not one of them.

Can and Must are two different words. Borg can adapt after one attack and they can adapt after 10 attacks. There are no rules concerning when exactly they must adapt.

No one convinces anyone here really. It is very rare that happens. Typically people just spout their opinion, even if it's wrong. You would be hard pressed to find instances of someone convincing someone else of something.

In most cases, it just become an agree to disagree conclusion.

There were no stips given to which Borg can be used.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:10 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

But they never adapted. Saying they can but didn't doesn't fly and you know it. Because they didnt on screen.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:13 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Sable
How many times did the Borg adapt to blunt force trauma?
How many times did DD adapt to stuff not shown in the comic? Does that mean he can't adapt to stuff not shown, if it is part of his power set?

Force field generation is well within the Borg's technology.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:13 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by KingD19
But they never adapted. Saying they can but didn't doesn't fly and you know it. Because they didnt on screen.
My argument is that they would have eventually, especially before becoming extinct to the same attack.

And it doesn't matter as there was one who did. The OP never stated which Borg. So we can use ALL borg shown in all shows and movies.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:15 PM
Darkstorm Zero

Can and Must are two different words. Borg can adapt after one attack and they can adapt after 10 attacks. There are no rules concerning when exactly they must adapt.

Are you REALLY trying to play semantics here? You have no evidence, no reasonable basis, no logical deduction, nothing at all to support your case here. I'm not going into circles with yet another would-be debater about mights, could be's and maybes. Give me solid factual proof or stop.

No one convinces anyone here really. It is very rare that happens. Typically people just spout their opinion, even if it's wrong. You would be hard pressed to find instances of someone convincing someone else of something.

The convincing happens with evidence. If you want to debate, then you need as much solid evidence as possible. We do not go by what could be, or what you think should be, but only by what is.

In most cases, it just become an agree to disagree conclusion.

Then you are doing it wrong.

There were no stips given to which Borg can be used.

In which case we revert to the best DEFAULT variant. Not the one individual borg drone who is not the Borg we know, nor was he ever actually a part of the collective. You arn't going to get anyone to agree or even consider that level of word play to get around your incomplete and unprovable hypothesis.

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Sep 24th, 2017 at 05:19 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:17 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The Borg have used forcefields to stop/repel physical objects before. We just don't know if they've ever been capable of stopping anything on the level of say, a photon torpedo.

Their subspace field/personal field was retconned to be weak against physical weaponry in First Contact. I still don't know how they'd do against something like a Luke Cage punch, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:19 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by -Pr-
The Borg have used forcefields to stop/repel physical objects before. We just don't know if they've ever been capable of stopping anything on the level of say, a photon torpedo.

Now you've made an actual claim. Now, where is your evidence of this forcefield used to stop physical objects? And I mean from a Drone, not a corridor repulsor field. We are looking at the drones and their combat ability, remember?

Originally posted by -Pr-
Their subspace field/personal field was retconned to be weak against physical weaponry in First Contact. I still don't know how they'd do against something like a Luke Cage punch, though.

Then we go by the latest incarnation if canon has been changed, no different than using Disney canon over legends when it comes to Star Wars. As much as that galls me, and as much as Voyager pisses on the Borg, that is how it must be done.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:23 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Now you've made an actual claim. Now, where is your evidence of this forcefield used to stop physical objects? And I mean from a Drone, not a corridor repulsor field. We are looking at the drones and their combat ability, remember?

Then we go by the latest incarnation if canon has been changed, no different than using Disney canon over legends when it comes to Star Wars. As much as that galls me, and as much as Voyager pisses on the Borg, that is how it must be done.

Oh, an actual drone? NVM then, they've only done that in the books that I can recall.

Voyager can **** right off, but FC isn't shit, and that still supports the idea that the Borg can only adapt to energy weapons.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Are you REALLY trying to play semantics here? You have no evidence, no reasonable basis, no logical deduction, nothing at all to support your case here. I'm not going into circles with yet another would-be debater about mights, could be's and maybes. Give me solid factual proof or stop.

The convincing happens with evidence. If you want to debate, then you need as much solid evidence as possible. We do not go by what could be, or what you think should be, but only by what is.

Then you are doing it wrong.

In which case we revert to the best DEFAULT variant. Not the one individual borg drone who is not the Borg we know, nor was he ever actually a part of the collective. You arn't going to get anyone to agree or even consider that level of word play to get around your incomplete and unprovable hypothesis.

So is it reasonable to assume that Borg have the technology to general fields to repel physical attacks?

Or is it unreasonable?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:26 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

How many times did DD adapt to stuff not shown in the comic? Does that mean he can't adapt to stuff not shown, if it is part of his power set?

Sorry we argue in character here. Show me a screen feats of them adapting to blunt force trauma.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:36 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

So is it reasonable to assume that Borg have the technology to general fields to repel physical attacks?

Or is it unreasonable?

It would be unreasonable to assume they have done so. The Borg do not change their way of doing things until they are absolutely forced to do so, such as was the case with Species 8472. They do not alter tactics, and they certainly do not put kinetic shields on their drones because we have never seen them do so even when logic and opportunity have been present. To simply say they do now is disingenuous, and is not even testable. If we were to suddenly slap on a repulsor field generator onto a drone, we have no way of knowing how much punishment it could take, or how much force is required to break it.

In other words, it ceases being about what you can prove, and more about what you suppose would be accurate. And that gets less and less reliable the further down you go.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:42 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Or is it unreasonable?

if you have actual proof then please provide it???? a 2 year okd can provide proof than you do... if you actually know how to use youtube go there and return back with proof otherwise end this debacle and admit you simply are a troll who knows nothing..

------"Manners Maketh Man"---------

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

We argue in character here, so if you want to claim that they'll do something, you have to provide examples of them actually doing it.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 07:32 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

He has no evidence nor does H1 as usual.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 02:08 PM
quanchi112
Disney

H1 has been run off the board.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 02:11 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He'll be back, he's like herpes. It never goes away forever.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 05:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

In first contact if i recall warf was slicing through drones with a sword. They didnt adapt to it either.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 05:53 AM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote