KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » How many Borg Soldiers Can Each Guy Take At One Time

How many Borg Soldiers Can Each Guy Take At One Time
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
if you have actual proof then please provide it???? a 2 year okd can provide proof than you do... if you actually know how to use youtube go there and return back with proof otherwise end this debacle and admit you simply are a troll who knows nothing..

------"Manners Maketh Man"---------

That doesn't answer the question.

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
It would be unreasonable to assume they have done so. The Borg do not change their way of doing things until they are absolutely forced to do so, such as was the case with Species 8472. They do not alter tactics, and they certainly do not put kinetic shields on their drones because we have never seen them do so even when logic and opportunity have been present. To simply say they do now is disingenuous, and is not even testable. If we were to suddenly slap on a repulsor field generator onto a drone, we have no way of knowing how much punishment it could take, or how much force is required to break it.

In other words, it ceases being about what you can prove, and more about what you suppose would be accurate. And that gets less and less reliable the further down you go.
You didn't answer the question. That is a strong sign of being wrong.

Originally posted by Sable
Sorry we argue in character here. Show me a screen feats of them adapting to blunt force trauma.

It's completely in character for them to evolve some form of kinetic shield, especially if MANY get defeated first.

There is 0 chance that you can kill every single one with a bullet at one at a time.

We can agree to disagree. But my side is the more logical. The other side is asinine.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:47 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry we argue in character here. Show me a screen feats of them adapting to blunt force trauma.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:07 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

If it's in character, post clips of them doing so.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:08 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by h1a8
That doesn't answer the question.

It's completely in character for them to evolve some form of kinetic shield, especially if MANY get defeated first.

There is 0 chance that you can kill every single one with a bullet at one at a time.

We can agree to disagree. But my side is the more logical. The other side is asinine.

you one funny dummy... post feats or STFU and GTFO

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

H1 is taking it.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:24 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I did answer your question. You not liking the answer doesn't make it wrong, no matter what you believe.

No, it is not. Because they have never demonstrated the logical capacity to do so, even when hard pressed when Species 8472 was walloping Drones around like Hulk on meth. You have no basis to make this claim outside of what YOU would have done with the collective's tech and an audience's foresight. That is not how debates such as this work.

Incorrect. Bullets have proven effective against Borg adaptive tech before. As have Batleths, Gun stocks to the head, or in Data's case, a solid punch. Also displayed by Species 8472. Unfortunately, they do not adapt to physical trauma and this has been proven repeatedly. You do not get to assert to the contrary without evidence. You have none, from any source anywhere, to do so. So you are objectively incorrect.

Oh how simultaneously gracious and utterly bull headed of you. No, agree to disagree if you want to, but no. Not more logical, and our side is not asenine for having proof. You are being asenine by spouting claims without so much as an inkling of proof.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Sep 28th, 2017 at 05:11 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:59 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

I did answer your question. You not liking the answer doesn't make it wrong, no matter what you believe.

No, it is not. Because they have never demonstrated the logical capacity to do so, even when hard pressed when Species 8472 was walloping Drones around like Hulk on meth. You have no basis to make this claim outside of what YOU would have done with the collective's tech and an audience's foresight. That is not how debates such as this work.

Incorrect. Bullets have proven effective against Borg adaptive tech before. As have Batleths, Gun stocks to the head, or in Data's case, a solid punch. Also displayed by Species 8472. Unfortunately, they do not adapt to physical trauma and this has been proven repeatedly. You do not get to assert to the contrary without evidence. You have none, from any source anywhere, to do so. So you are objectively incorrect.

Oh how simultaneously gracious and utterly bull headed of you. No, agree to disagree if you want to, but no. Not more logical, and our side is not asenine for having proof. You are being asenine by spouting claims without so much as an inkling of proof.

Their technology is well sufficient in creating kinetic force fields.
There is no way in hell that they don't eventually create kinetic forcefields after many die. I'm done with the argument. You guys are very illogical. It's about what's reasonable.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:13 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:13 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

It's in character. They would not purposely choose not to adapt if it's means their extinction.

It's either they can or cannot. It's not whether they choose to or not.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:18 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:19 AM
Silent Master

There is no way in hell that they don't eventually create kinetic forcefields after many die. I'm done with the argument. You guys are very illogical. It's about what's reasonable.

No, it's about what actually happens on screen, as we argue in character.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:23 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

It's in character. They would not purposely choose not to adapt if it's means their extinction.

It's either they can or cannot. It's not whether they choose to or not.

If it's in character, show examples of them doing it.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:24 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

He can't laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:34 AM
Silent Master

I don't think H1 understands what in character means.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:39 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

In character to H1 means whatever the hell he wants it to be.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:21 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

And? When have they created them for drone usage? The only time it's ever been deployed anywhere by the collective is as a corridor barricade. They do not use them as personal shields on every drone. We do not know why, and it does not matter, that is how the Borg operate. That is how they have always operated, and will always operate. They do not evolve new tactics, because that is one of their weakness.

Don't get upset because the Borg's own characterization undoes whatever tech edge they may have had. We didn't do that. Hell, if you wanted Borg with OUR competence driving them, then this would be a different story. Hell, Spacebattles have vs matches with that sort of stipulation. Audience competency alters the way anyone functions within a vs. Example, imagine we ran Sauron's forces during the war of the ring. Imagine the Empire from Star Wars ran with competency. You'll find that a lot of flaws and faults would be phased out in such matches. But, it would not be the real Dark lord's forces, or Palatine's Empire. Same vein, what you are arguing for is not the genuine real Borg Collective.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 05:36 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

h1 never argues how things are supposed to be. He argues what he wants them to be.

"I know the Borg have never not once shown the ability to adapt to physical attacks. Because they get hit with and are damaged/killed by physical attacks all the time. Buuuuut they can totally adapt. They just don't want to. So clearly they still win."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:27 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

And? When have they created them for drone usage? The only time it's ever been deployed anywhere by the collective is as a corridor barricade. They do not use them as personal shields on every drone. We do not know why, and it does not matter, that is how the Borg operate. That is how they have always operated, and will always operate. They do not evolve new tactics, because that is one of their weakness.

Don't get upset because the Borg's own characterization undoes whatever tech edge they may have had. We didn't do that. Hell, if you wanted Borg with OUR competence driving them, then this would be a different story. Hell, Spacebattles have vs matches with that sort of stipulation. Audience competency alters the way anyone functions within a vs. Example, imagine we ran Sauron's forces during the war of the ring. Imagine the Empire from Star Wars ran with competency. You'll find that a lot of flaws and faults would be phased out in such matches. But, it would not be the real Dark lord's forces, or Palatine's Empire. Same vein, what you are arguing for is not the genuine real Borg Collective.

It is faulty to assume that since they didn't evolve shields after 3 deaths then they will never evolve them (even after 100 deaths). There were time(s) the Borg adapted immediately after 1 death and there were time(s) they adapted after multiple deaths of the same attack. Therefore, the number of deaths doesn't determine when they evolve.

It's all about
1. Is it WELL within their technology
2. Will they reasonably choose to employ that evolution if they can achieve it.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 02:53 AM
Silent Master

It is faulty to assume that since they didn't evolve shields after 3 deaths then they will never evolve them (even after 100 deaths). There were time(s) the Borg adapted immediately after 1 death and there were time(s) they adapted after multiple deaths of the same attack. Therefore, the number of deaths doesn't determine when they evolve.

It's all about

Your opinion is irrelevant, we go by feats.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:08 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

It's all about

YOUR OPINION IS IRRELEVANT

WE ARE THE BORG... RESISTANCE IS FUTILE..

We go by what the borg HAVE SHOWN to do. They have never done nor will they ever do what you you want them too.. I know this because I have watched every Star Trek episode from Kirk to Picard to Sisko to Janeway to Archer.. I have even started watching Star Trek Discovery.. I own all the Star Trek movies on dvd/blu ray

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:00 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote