KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » How many Borg Soldiers Can Each Guy Take At One Time

How many Borg Soldiers Can Each Guy Take At One Time
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
It is faulty to assume that since they didn't evolve shields after 3 deaths then they will never evolve them (even after 100 deaths). There were time(s) the Borg adapted immediately after 1 death and there were time(s) they adapted after multiple deaths of the same attack. Therefore, the number of deaths doesn't determine when they evolve.

It's all about
1. Is it WELL within their technology
2. Will they reasonably choose to employ that evolution if they can achieve it.

You do not listen. At all.

The Borg do not consider general kinetic weapons or offense to be worth adapting to. Because very few species they have encountered can physically overpower a drone. This is well known fact, and is a very large INTENTIONALLY CREATED weakness. You don't get to suppose a nulliffication of a weakness to cover yourself based on absolutely nothing.

#1: Yes, and another well known fact is that every technology they get is done through assimilation. They don't research and develop their own tech. Now, name a species that has set up personal kinetic shield system smartass.
#2: Only if it's part of their standard modus operandi. Which it is not.

Now, if your next post does not have an explanation as to why the Borg have never deployed this wonderful nullification to one of their known weaknesses, and explains a way around their known need to directly assimilate such tech, then you cannot win this point and you should apologize to everyone you have affronted with your time wasting tactic here.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:55 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
YOUR OPINION IS IRRELEVANT

WE ARE THE BORG... RESISTANCE IS FUTILE..

We go by what the borg HAVE SHOWN to do. They have never done nor will they ever do what you you want them too.. I know this because I have watched every Star Trek episode from Kirk to Picard to Sisko to Janeway to Archer.. I have even started watching Star Trek Discovery.. I own all the Star Trek movies on dvd/blu ray
No WE don't. To do so is to be stupid. Surely, characters can do things they were not specifically shown to do. It's based off their capabilities and their intellect to choose to do whatever they deem necessary.

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
You do not listen. At all.

The Borg do not consider general kinetic weapons or offense to be worth adapting to. Because very few species they have encountered can physically overpower a drone. This is well known fact, and is a very large INTENTIONALLY CREATED weakness. You don't get to suppose a nulliffication of a weakness to cover yourself based on absolutely nothing.

#1: Yes, and another well known fact is that every technology they get is done through assimilation. They don't research and develop their own tech. Now, name a species that has set up personal kinetic shield system smartass.
#2: Only if it's part of their standard modus operandi. Which it is not.

Now, if your next post does not have an explanation as to why the Borg have never deployed this wonderful nullification to one of their known weaknesses, and explains a way around their known need to directly assimilate such tech, then you cannot win this point and you should apologize to everyone you have affronted with your time wasting tactic here.

"Do not consider" and "will never consider under all circumstances" is two different things. Not only does your argument not prove the latter but it's highly unreasonable to assume it.

In the case of hundreds of them dying one at a time from kinetic means will force them to adapt, if they are technologically able to. They are intelligent as a collective, not stupid. Especially the leader.

They will not purposely choose to not adapt to what will potentially wipe them all out. If they do not adapt then it's because they don't possess the necessary technology to do so, and not because they don't choose to.

So it is common sense they will adapt (only if it's within their technology) before being wiped out one at a time.

Therefore the only thing to prove is whether it is well within their technology to do.

They have created kinetic shields in different ways. Therefore they have the technology to create a kinetic field. They have created personal fields that block certain frequencies of energy. Therefore they have the ability to create personal kinetic shields.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 05:09 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 05:01 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

No WE don't. To do so is to be stupid. Surely, characters can do things they were not specifically shown to do. It's based off their capabilities and their intellect to choose to do whatever they deem necessary.

HAHAHAHA yes we do.... No characters cannot.... We have ALWAYS gone by screen feats..

MVF GOLDEN RULE .... [b]What is seen on screen is canon to these forums. If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon), then it is a violation and is illegal. MOVIE FEATS ONLY!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t543649.html

You would know this, if you could read the pinned post from Imp...

we do not guess here.. we do not use kindergarten level speculation here either. nor do we use tough guy internet tactics like you try to use..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:15 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
HAHAHAHA yes we do.... No characters cannot.... We have ALWAYS gone by screen feats..

MVF GOLDEN RULE .... What is seen on screen is canon to these forums. If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon), then it is a violation and is illegal. MOVIE FEATS ONLY!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t543649.html

You would know this, if you could read the pinned post from Imp...

we do not guess here.. we do not use kindergarten level speculation here either. nor do we use tough guy internet tactics like you try to use..

Wrong!!!
Characters CAN do shit they were not shown to do, provided that there is articulable and sound evidence supporting it. For example, Superman can lift a bus, although he wasn't shown to do so. Tony Stark can repair a broken printer. I can go on and on.

Two questions must be answered.
Are the borg technologically capable of creating personal kinetic shields?
And if so, will they choose to not do so at the cost of their entire race dying one at a time from physical forces?

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 11:09 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Wrong!!!
Characters CAN do shit they were not shown to do, provided that there is articulable and sound evidence supporting it. For example, Superman can lift a bus, although he wasn't shown to do so. Tony Stark can repair a broken printer. I can go on and on.

And if so, will they choose to not do so at the cost of their entire race dying one at a time from physical forces?

You need to read the rules.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 11:16 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Superman can lift a bus because he was shown lifting things far more massive than a bus. Tony can fix a printer because he's created trillions of dollars worth of sophisticated tech.

The Borg have several times when personal kinetic shields would have won them the day. Yet they never used them. If they didn't use them when they had multiple instances, then they can't or won't use them. Either way it doesn't matter because they weren't used. Stop being asinine.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 11:41 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You'll notice that he always leaves after making at best a few posts and then waits hours if not days before coming back. he's trying to drag this out in the hopes that the people who disagree with him will lose interest and move on. that'll allow him to get the last word and declare victory.

It's a rather old troll tactic.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 11:48 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Wrong!!!

hahaha

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 02:22 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

"Do not consider" and "will never consider under all circumstances" is two different things. Not only does your argument not prove the latter but it's highly unreasonable to assume it.

In the case of hundreds of them dying one at a time from kinetic means will force them to adapt, if they are technologically able to. They are intelligent as a collective, not stupid. Especially the leader.

They will not purposely choose to not adapt to what will potentially wipe them all out. If they do not adapt then it's because they don't possess the necessary technology to do so, and not because they don't choose to.

So it is common sense they will adapt (only if it's within their technology) before being wiped out one at a time.

Therefore the only thing to prove is whether it is well within their technology to do.

They have created kinetic shields in different ways. Therefore they have the technology to create a kinetic field. They have created personal fields that block certain frequencies of energy. Therefore they have the ability to create personal kinetic shields.

(please log in to view the image)

You are unreasonable for making the leap of logic that the Borg alter tactics without prompt. It took Voyager's intervention to do that with Species 8472, and they were LOSING that war badly. They had the technology, they HAD the nanoprobes, but they never learned how to use it. This and this alone is ALLLLL the proof I need to shoot your entire argument down. Have fun trying to counter that H8, because anything else you try is simply garbage.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 03:18 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote