KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rune King Thor vs Monarch

Rune King Thor vs Monarch
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007

...So you're opting to ignore the fact that RKT's raw power is NOT what allowed him to defeat TWSAIS, but rather, his humanity/mortality? That was, after all, credited as the sole reason why RKT was able to do what Odin could not, and overcome the cycle of Ragnarok. blink

Well no I didnt ignore that, I'm pretty sure I adressed it at least in my post. That is something you seem to have just brushed aside though. 🤔

But I also dont agree with your interpretation. Because it wasn't his morality swinging the hammer. It was his experience as a human that let him get to that situation at all, is what im getting out of it. As opposed to Odin...

Now I think the point you want to hanmer is, you're not comfortable admitting Thor would be "well" above Odin, and I can see why you'd say that given our varying interpretations, but it hardly seems outlandish to me.

You said earlier you could see Odin pulling Loki's head off. Having RKT overshadow him you wouldn't though?3

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 04:35 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Loki seemed pretty powerful. Standard Loki alone can be quite haxxed and he was well beyond that. It was stated that he had raised Surtur from beyond. He was also well beyond Mangog as well as virtually all Asgardian baddies being subservient to him.

Anyways RKT has only a few appearances, but I would give him the majority over Odin.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 04:40 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I think it's implied that he went "beyond". He made a greater sacrifice than his papi. He went to a level that even the TWSAIS were compelled to make a bargain wit him..

No, he wasn't. He had to sacrifice double to gain what Odin did because he had already taken that path.

There is nothing to denote that Thor was more powerful than Odin. But if you want to argue using a bio, SBP destroyed an entire universe before he fought Monarch as per Multiversity.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 04:40 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend
No, he wasn't. He had to sacrifice double to gain what Odin did because he had already taken that path.

There is nothing to denote that Thor was more powerful than Odin. But if you want to argue using a bio, SBP destroyed an entire universe before he fought Monarch as per Multiversity.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.co...8923f9333ad.jpg

Not gonna repeat myself.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Sep 21st, 2017 at 04:46 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 04:42 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Good for you.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 04:58 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Monarch.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 12:18 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Damborgson
Well no I didnt ignore that, I'm pretty sure I adressed it at least in my post. That is something you seem to have just brushed aside though. 🤔

But I also dont agree with your interpretation. Because it wasn't his morality swinging the hammer. It was his experience as a human that let him get to that situation at all, is what im getting out of it. As opposed to Odin...

Now I think the point you want to hanmer is, you're not comfortable admitting Thor would be "well" above Odin, and I can see why you'd say that given our varying interpretations, but it hardly seems outlandish to me.

You said earlier you could see Odin pulling Loki's head off. Having RKT overshadow him you wouldn't though?3
Again: I personally view RKT as *slightly* superior to Odin. That is to say: he would beat Odin in a fight, but would be hard-pressed to do so.

However, the notion that RKT is 'well above' Odin implies that he would defeat Odin easily. Since nothing on panel supports this, I obviously cannot agree. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:38 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would honestly be fine with RKT being 'well above' Odin if anything on panel actually put him on that level. But again: when you actually consider the *full* context of the story itself, and remove any preconceived notions you may have as a fan regarding his 'implied' power, there really isn't any definitive evidence that places him above Odin by a significant amount.

RKT appeared in exactly 2 issues... Here are his feats:
*Killing a weakened Mangog- remember, Loki had siphoned away most of his power by the time RKT killed him.
*Owning an amped Loki- while Loki *was* amped, we really have NO clue what the extent of his amp was. As I mentioned earlier, though: I still consider this to be RKT's best display of raw power, because there are no stips surrounding it. /shrug
*Overcoming the cycle of Ragnarok/TWSAIS/Fates- but again: there were some glaring stipulations behind that feat... Namely Thor's humanity/mortality being credited as the primary reason he was able to accomplish it. We cannot ignore this.

All personal bias aside, I honestly do not see why he should be ranked any higher than 'slightly' above Odin... And it's hard for me to even justify that ranking, tbh.

TRUE !

MONARCH STOMPS !

(His writer confirmed that his power his limitless and that he can one-shot the multiverse)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:33 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Again: I personally view RKT as *slightly* superior to Odin. That is to say: he would beat Odin in a fight, but would be hard-pressed to do so.

However, the notion that RKT is 'well above' Odin implies that he would defeat Odin easily. Since nothing on panel supports this, I obviously cannot agree. thumb up

Okay, that's a fair point.

That's not true, but carry on thumb up

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 04:38 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I think the thread where the typo was Those Who Shit in Shadow was the best thumb up

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 05:08 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Monarch wins

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 05:05 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Double ko in my opinion. RKT can breach Monarchs armor but I doubt he can survive the Universe buster in his face.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 01:42 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8swords

I think this could be a good fight.

RKT's implied power puts him around Odin-level(perhaps slightly higher if you give him the benefit of the doubt), and Monarch has some absolutely absurd battle feats -- the best of which are killing/absorbing every version of Captain Atom across the multiverse, and stalemating GA Prime for an extended period of time.)

Imo, RKT's best option in a forum setting would likely be to try and critically rupture Monarch's armor right at the onset. Granted, the subsequent [universe-busting] detonation would undoubtedly kill him, but it still counts as a forum victory on KMC... However, rupturing Monarch's armor to the point of complete failure is easier said then done, as it is insanely durable.

Case in point: a casual blast of HV from a tremendously weakened SBP went through Superman himself like a hot knife through butter:

Flip side, Monarch's armor outright TANKED a blast of HV from an enraged GA Prime, without enduring so much as a scratch:

For a point of reference: casual HV from GA Prime was capable of slagging the phucking Source Wall:

That said, for RKT to even think about rupturing Monarch's armor to the point of *critical failure*(key words, as minor damage to the armor doesn't mean a damn thing) means he either has to generate an energy attack >>>> an enraged GA Prime's HV, OR produce physical strength no less than equal to an enraged Prime's final "I'M SUPERMAN!!!!" haymaker... Not saying it's impossible; just that it certainly wouldn't be easy considering the armor's durability(most people just don't realize how strong it actually was.) smile

genuinely curious.. the first scan showed a more precise HV smaller like a peircing shot.. while the others are big and wide like more of a concussive blast.. is there any difference if any those HV?

oh and yeah going with monarch..

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 01:01 AM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Given how weak SBP was at the time, thinner beams are likely all he could muster. No reason at all to suspect that said beams had more penetration power than an all-out blast from an enraged GA Prime.

....Monarch's armor is just a LOT more durable than most folks realize.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 01:39 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Since RKT is basically Thor to the umpteenth power, I'm guessing he has Thor feats...?

Hmmm....

Standard Thor contained a life bomb(1/5 universe yadda yadda).
Also... I consider RKT > Odin. Hate to use abc, but Odin using the Odinforce has manipulated amped Surtur's fire(powerful enough to burn the 9 realms and possibly multiverse) and tore off the tenth realm(mini? universe) from yggdrasil.

I'm confident he can do something to survive Monarch's armor breaking.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 02:40 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 02:30 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Didn't Thor die before becoming the Rune King? If so, why would he be held to a universal standard? Can you re-kill the dead? What exactly are we talking about, when we bring up Thor at this stage? His very nature had changed. Monarch may not even be able to hurt him. I maintain my original opinion on that. Unless he really didn't die, despite the book saying that he did die.

Can someone straighten this conundrum out please?

I'm almost 100% sure that RK Thor would rupture the physical nature of Monarch's containment, and stand there as the blast went around him. Why? Because the physical laws no longer applied to him, while having control over the physical realm due to the runes power. But by all means, we can believe that RK Thor was in peril of being killed, while already dead if that's the common belief. I don't buy it, but that's my opinion.

Monarch explodes alone. Dig it?

Last edited by Stoic on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 03:35 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Since RKT is basically Thor to the umpteenth power, I'm guessing he has Thor feats...?

Hmmm....

Standard Thor contained a life bomb(1/5 universe yadda yadda).
Also... I consider RKT > Odin. Hate to use abc, but Odin using the Odinforce has manipulated amped Surtur's fire(powerful enough to burn the 9 realms and possibly multiverse) and tore off the tenth realm(mini? universe) from yggdrasil.

I'm confident he can do something to survive Monarch's armor breaking.

By that token Monarch is Captain Atom to nth level. Cap has created and destroyed an entire universe in quantum zone and has drained the plasma universe of Parallax along with three others.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 03:46 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by abhilegend
By that token Monarch is Captain Atom to nth level. Cap has created and destroyed an entire universe in quantum zone and has drained the plasma universe of Parallax along with three others.

RK Thor wins. One gesture. He takes his head.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 03:48 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I was under the impression that the Runes had near infinite power? This isn't Thor's power, which is what no one seems to get.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 03:52 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

RKT, via some kind of esoteric magic shit.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 04:30 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote