KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rune King Thor vs Monarch

Rune King Thor vs Monarch
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He wasn't that powerful.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 05:30 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The runes were powerful. He was dead. Mangog didn't even register.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 05:34 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Monarch might be too tall an order even for RKT.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 08:54 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by krisblaze
Monarch might be too tall an order even for RKT.

How do you re-kill the dead? Is Monarch powerful enough to destroy rune magic? If he can wipe the source of RK Thor's power out, then I agree, Monarch stomps... but. I mean when did Monarch show power over the metaphysical? Wouldn't it be like killing Casper the friendly ghost by driving through him with a car? Like I said, he treated Mangog like he wasn't even there.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 11:58 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Stoic
*The Runes put Thor around Odin's level -- slightly greater at best. ALL context considered, nothing on panel warrants him being ranked any higher.

*Thor wasn't dead -- Odin's projection saved him from Hela's realm.

*Mangog "didn't register", because he was explicitly weakened -- Loki had been siphoning his power away.

...This isn't the only thread you've tried to unjustly hyper-wank RKT in, so I must ask: did you even read the issues for yourself? Seems like you've only seen cropped panels from the story here and there, and are basing this inflated opinion of yours solely on those. Certainly doesn't appear that you have *personally* read any of the material, otherwise you would already be aware of the facts/context I mentioned above... Either that, or you're just ignoring it entirely for whatever reason.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 01:51 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 01:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Galan007
*The Runes put Thor around Odin's level -- slightly greater at best. ALL context considered, nothing on panel warrants him being ranked any higher.

*Thor wasn't dead -- Odin's projection saved him from Hela's realm.

*Mangog "didn't register", because he was explicitly weakened -- Loki had been siphoning his power away.

...This isn't the only thread you've tried to unjustly hyper-wank RKT in, so I must ask: did you even read the issues for yourself? Seems like you've only seen cropped panels from the story here and there, and are basing this inflated opinion of yours solely on those. Certainly doesn't appear that you have *personally* read any of the material, otherwise you would already be aware of the facts/context I mentioned above... Either that, or you're just ignoring it entirely for whatever reason.

If Thor wasn't dead, why would he be going to Hela's realm? All of the rest is really irrelevant until you prove that Thor did not die. The means by which he attained the power of the runes is of no consequence here. Instead of going to Hel, he was bound by the runes which became his new nature. He was dust in the wind. He was never resurrected which is why the power that he displayed was not his own, but the power of the runes.

Thor's power came from the runes and yes his very nature changed. He was no longer bound to the physical laws of the universe. This will not change. Monarch is fighting the power of the runes, not Thor.

There really isn't anything inflated about it. I'm skipping ahead to where Thor dies, and is reanimated. Odin never crossed the boundaries that Thor did. You're arguing power levels like you've narrowed it down to a fine science without warrant. You really have no idea how powerful the runes were. Odin had access to a portion of the runes power, Thor was reanimated by them.

I have the entire arc on dvd which will be a drag to dig up. I have it on hd as well, but I lost my data link cable on a trip. It's the time allowance to research this stuff that gets me.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 02:21 PM
h1a8

If Thor wasn't dead, why would he be going to Hela's realm? All of the rest is really irrelevant until you prove that Thor did not die. The means by which he attained the power of the runes is of no consequence here. Instead of going to Hel, he was bound by the runes which became his new nature. He was dust in the wind. He was never resurrected which is why the power that he displayed was not his own, but the power of the runes.

Thor's power came from the runes and yes his very nature changed. He was no longer bound to the physical laws of the universe. This will not change. Monarch is fighting the power of the runes, not Thor.

There really isn't anything inflated about it. I'm skipping ahead to where Thor dies, and is reanimated. Odin never crossed the boundaries that Thor did. You're arguing power levels like you've narrowed it down to a fine science without warrant. You really have no idea how powerful the runes were. Odin had access to a portion of the runes power, Thor was reanimated by them.

I have the entire arc on dvd which will be a drag to dig up. I have it on hd as well, but I lost my data link cable on a trip. It's the time allowance to research this stuff that gets me.
A character's power level, with an amp, is based off feats, not any speculation of how powerful they should be. Without feats, even the runes power would be unknown.

Thor had to do spells just to destroy some enemies. Surfer has destroyed a planet becoming furious. Hulk disintegrated thousands of powerful beings and a planet without touching it.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 02:33 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Mangog and Loki. He treated both like they weren't even there. Loki was super amped.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 02:33 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by h1a8
A character's power level, with an amp, is based off feats, not any speculation of how powerful they should be. Without feats, even the runes power would be unknown.

Thor had to do spells just to destroy some enemies. Surfer has destroyed a planet becoming furious. Hulk disintegrated thousands of powerful beings and a planet without touching it.

That's all good and fine, but how do you re-kill the dead? I'm not even talking about power at this point.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 02:36 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by h1a8

If that power fails to touch or harm what happens then? Umar went unscathed by the force of the destruction in the Dark Dimension. Should we just discount how easily he dealt with an amplified Loki? Is Loki being considered weak?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 02:43 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

What powers did the runes show?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 04:23 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

How do you re-kill the dead? Is Monarch powerful enough to destroy rune magic? If he can wipe the source of RK Thor's power out, then I agree, Monarch stomps... but. I mean when did Monarch show power over the metaphysical? Wouldn't it be like killing Casper the friendly ghost by driving through him with a car? Like I said, he treated Mangog like he wasn't even there.

Thor dying would probably count as a win for Monarch.

If Monarch's suit is ruptured though, I see Thor just opening a portal and letting that energy go elsewhere. Like with Surtur's recent explosion.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 04:42 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by abhilegend
What powers did the runes show?

He plucked Loki's head off like a grape. Loki gave me the impression that he was in Odin's weight class. Again, he treated him like a child would treat a GI Joe action figure, a very strong child.

Originally posted by krisblaze
Thor dying would probably count as a win for Monarch.

If Monarch's suit is ruptured though, I see Thor just opening a portal and letting that energy go elsewhere. Like with Surtur's recent explosion.

No that's not what I'm saying. Thor died when he decided to go further than Odin did in order to gain more power than the runes bestowed upon Odin. The book said that he died. He wasn't resurrected, or brought back to life but he was instead re-animated by the runes, which was bound to him. Monarch would not be fighting a natural Thor, he would be fighting the runes. If Monarch had power over the metaphysical, I would say that he'd have a chance of actually scoring a hit that could do some damage.

Thor shows that he has vast supernatural power when he plucks Loki's head off of his shoulders, and continues to speak to him. Loki under normal circumstances would have died from having his head pulled off. I can't see how RK Thor could be placed on par with Odin in terms of power?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 09:47 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If Thor wasn't dead, why would he be going to Hela's realm?
Again: Odin's projection brought Thor BACK from Hela's realm -- BACK to the land of the living. IOW, he was NOT dead.

...What isn't computing here?

So in other words: "f*ck on panel context/facts"..? laughing out loud

There really isn't anything inflated about it.
Well, you're touting RKT as this omnipotent/unbeatable hyper-God, in lieu of the on panel context/facts that have been mentioned to the contrary. So yes, you're inflating the living shit out of him... And unjustly so. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 24th, 2017 at 02:01 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 01:57 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Again: Odin's projection brought Thor BACK from Hela's realm -- BACK to the land of the living. IOW, he was NOT dead.

...What isn't computing here?

So in other words: "f*ck on panel context/facts"..? laughing out loud

Well, you're touting RKT as this omnipotent/unbeatable hyper-God, in lieu of the on panel context/facts that have been mentioned to the contrary. So yes, you're inflating the living shit out of him... And unjustly so. smile

What was Thor attempting to do when he sought to acquire the power of the runes?

Did he cross more boundaries than Odin did in order to receive the power of the runes?

Odin gave an eye, Thor gave up his life, which one was the greater sacrifice?

Loki was in or very near Odin's weight class. For the benefit of doubt, let's place him firmly in Odin's weight class shall we? If Thor were on Odin's level, how could he pull off an equals head like it was a grape, I mean there was no effort whatsoever. You don't have to be God Doom to be outside of Monarch's influence.

Is there one scene that shows that RK Thor was ever in jeopardy of being killed in a natural way?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 02:29 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Cool, so now I know for sure that your ENTIRE opinion regarding RKT's inflated 'status' is based SOLELY on you own personal bias/opinion.

I would normally remind you that debates simply do not work that way, but I'm certain it wouldn't change anything... So have fun with that. laughing out loud

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 24th, 2017 at 03:16 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:14 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He plucked Loki's head off like a grape. Loki gave me the impression that he was in Odin's weight class. Again, he treated him like a child would treat a GI Joe action figure, a very strong child.

No that's not what I'm saying. Thor died when he decided to go further than Odin did in order to gain more power than the runes bestowed upon Odin. The book said that he died. He wasn't resurrected, or brought back to life but he was instead re-animated by the runes, which was bound to him. Monarch would not be fighting a natural Thor, he would be fighting the runes. If Monarch had power over the metaphysical, I would say that he'd have a chance of actually scoring a hit that could do some damage.

Thor shows that he has vast supernatural power when he plucks Loki's head off of his shoulders, and continues to speak to him. Loki under normal circumstances would have died from having his head pulled off. I can't see how RK Thor could be placed on par with Odin in terms of power?

What made you think Loki was Odin level?

Loki has survived as a head under his own power when Balder cut his head off under Simonson.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:41 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

If you repeat it long enough it'll be true I guess.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:01 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

curious--how much greater do you think rkt was then odin?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:18 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Galan did convince me that the words "well above" are a bit too much, because the evidence isn't sold enough to give anything concrete enough to prove it. But RKT = Odin, with a generous person making him ever so slightly above Odin, doesn't make sense to me either.

So If Odin were a 9/10, Thor would be a 10/10 I guess.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:43 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote