KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rune King Thor vs Monarch

Rune King Thor vs Monarch
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
Uncle Creepy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
If you repeat it long enough it'll be true I guess.
Again, my opinion is that RKT *would* beat Odin in a battle, but would be hard-pressed to do so... Ergo, "slightly above". Absolutely nothing on panel warrants him being placed any higher than that, so I'm not sure why you're acting like I am making stuff up here..? confused

If I tried to place RKT any higher, I'd be stepping out of the realm of 'on panel fact', and into the realm of 'unsubstantiated bias'... But if I'm off base here, please do explain why. Legit curious.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 24th, 2017 at 09:42 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 09:35 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Snoke

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 09:36 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M

Monarch.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 09:48 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
Still Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
RKT's implied power puts him around Odin-level(perhaps slightly higher if you give him the benefit of the doubt)

No, RKT was definitely not "well above" Odin. Tbh, I'm being extremely generous in putting him "slightly" above Odin.

All personal bias aside, I honestly do not see why he should be ranked any higher than 'slightly' above Odin... And it's hard for me to even justify that ranking, tbh.

Again: I personally view RKT as *slightly* superior to Odin. That is to say: he would beat Odin in a fight, but would be hard-pressed to do so.

*The Runes put Thor around Odin's level -- slightly greater at best. ALL context considered, nothing on panel warrants him being ranked any higher.
Again, my opinion is that RKT *would* beat Odin in a battle, but would be hard-pressed to do so... Ergo, "slightly above".

I think I've got a good idea of your opinion thumb up

It's just not as concrete as you're trying to make it sound. I already explained why I thought so, and you kind of brushed it aside -shrug- which is why I said if you keep repeating it, people may believe it. It's an actual psychological phenomenon after all. Persuasion through repetition from a credible source.

Thanks Galan

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:28 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Persuasion through repetition from a credible source.

not sure if talking about the same galan here.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:32 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
Still Thor

Originally posted by leonidas
not sure if talking about the same galan here.

Sorry I meant 'credible'

(please log in to view the image)

stick out tongue

Thanks Galan

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 12:26 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 12:28 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Uncle Creepy

I think I've got a good idea of your opinion thumb up

It's just not as concrete as you're trying to make it sound. I already explained why I thought so, and you kind of brushed it aside -shrug- which is why I said if you keep repeating it, people may believe it. It's an actual psychological phenomenon after all. Persuasion through repetition from a credible source.
Thing is: I wouldn't *have* to repeat myself multiple times if people weren't trying to argue the facts... But alas...

wink

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 01:09 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
Still Thor

This homo winking at me 😳😳

Thanks Galan

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 03:48 AM
Galan007
Uncle Creepy

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 02:52 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Again, my opinion is that RKT *would* beat Odin in a battle, but would be hard-pressed to do so... Ergo, "slightly above". Absolutely nothing on panel warrants him being placed any higher than that, so I'm not sure why you're acting like I am making stuff up here..? confused

If I tried to place RKT any higher, I'd be stepping out of the realm of 'on panel fact', and into the realm of 'unsubstantiated bias'... But if I'm off base here, please do explain why. Legit curious.

Okay, I re-read the entire arc. I took note that Odin ferried Thor out of Hel; I also took note that the runes had been bound to him prior to his death. Odin with the Odin force plucked out an eye, and used the runes to increase his personal power. Thor on the other hand plucked out two eyes, and died which was a far greater sacrifice.

The Ones that live above in shadow were stated to be the elders of the gods, and thus greater than Odin. Are we in agreement so far? Thor with the runes had become more powerful than them unless I read wrong? Or, maybe I interpreted it wrong? Either way I think that RK Thor was greater than they were, because if he wasn't they would have likely destroyed him instead of offering him a place among them.

So, if they were elder gods, and RK Thor was above them, this would mean that he was likely far more powerful than Odin.

Loki made mention in his confrontation with Thor, that he was Asgard, which gave me the very strong impression that he was on Odin's level of power. If so, Thor treated Loki like a light weight. The very idea that Thor went well beyond Odin to gain the knowledge of the runes placed him well beyond Odin in terms of power.

I took note that at first RK Thor was unable to change fate, but then he turned around and altered the fate of the Asgardians by altering the threads of fate. Was there anything that I missed?

If Loki was as powerful as Odin, and he was unable to harm even one hair of RK Thor's head, what would make anyone believe that he would take notice of Monarch who doesn't even use magical attacks?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 10:26 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Uncle Creepy

^ The notion that Loki was Odin-level is purely unsupported conjecture on your part. Nothing on panel puts him at that level.

...IOW, you are still over-inflating RKT's power tremendously here.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 02:58 AM
quanchi112
Supreme Snoke

There is nothing Monarch has shown which can defend him against the attacks Thor will implore. He beheads him. Nothing Monarch can do to stop it unless you'd like to debate. Step up.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 03:10 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

^ The notion that Loki was Odin-level is purely unsupported conjecture on your part. Nothing on panel puts him at that level.

...IOW, you are still over-inflating RKT's power tremendously here.

Rune King Thor was more powerful than the ones that sit above in shadow, and they were more powerful than Odin. In fact they actually fed on Odin. Rune King Thor was far more powerful than Odin. The very fact that he defeated Loki after Loki said that he was Asgard shows that he was powerful unless of course you didn't actually read that part?

Perhaps you'd like to convince people that Loki was at the same power level as he usually walks around at? Is this what you're saying? He siphoned all of the denizens of Asgard as the book tells, he even siphoned a portion of Mangog's power along with the denizens of Asgard. He could have well been more powerful than Odin at that point, and he was impotent against RK Thor.

I understand the tendency of not enjoying the idea of being wrong, but Loki was a lot more powerful than his regular self at that point. Odin and Asgard were always said to be one. Loki was said to be Asgard. Loki was a full blown Sky Father and no one was able to stop him. Just because you don't feel that what I am saying is true, does not mean that it isn't.

You'll have a tough time proving that Monarch could even harm RK Thor let alone stomp him. Monarch is coming into a magical battle without any magic to speak of, and he has a glaring weakness.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 03:42 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

I've always maintained that RKT was FAR more powerful than Odin. I got that the first time I read the arc, I got the same conclusion the third time likewise. You have to know how powerful the Fates and specially TWSAIS were to see this clearly, aside from the Skyfatherish-Loki whoop ass.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 03:53 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Snoke

Originally posted by Mr Master
I've always maintained that RKT was FAR more powerful than Odin. I got that the first time I read the arc, I got the same conclusion the third time likewise. You have to know how powerful the Fates and specially TWSAIS were to see this clearly, aside from the Skyfatherish-Loki whoop ass.
RK Thor was far greater than Odin. I concur.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 03:15 PM
DarkSaint85

Daxamites at base are said to be Kryptonian level on stats.

Imagine giving one a GL ring.

Imagine bonding that GL Daxamite to the Ion entity.

Truly, that character will be Skyfather level!

Feats? Oh....erm.....yeah, that's how DC goes. Mental blocks, you know?

Ok, let's do Marvel.

Imagine a character who could give classic Savage a good fight.

Now give him an amp, courtesy of Cytorrak. Same Cytorrak declares said character as his fav avatar of all time, so we know he's not holding back.

Now give this guy, 1/5th of the Phoenix Force. 20% of unlimited power. Infinite power of creation, whatever.

This guy must be an abstract by now, right? I can't wait to see his feats!!!

Enter: Spiderman.

Jitay: I didn't know it had jizz in there

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 03:57 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote