KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Thanks New Canon

Thanks New Canon
Started by: deathslash

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You could 'what if' Star Wars to death, though.

I just like the implications of TWBW, because it shows us that the force is truly the linchpin that holds the SWU together at a cosmic/metaphysical level- past, present, and future.

Cool concept, but again, it was really just introduced as a plot-device for Ahsoka.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:37 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
You could 'what if' Star Wars to death, though.

I just like the implications of TWBW, because it shows us that the force is truly the linchpin that holds the SWU together at a cosmic/metaphysical level- past, present, and future.

Cool concept, but again, it was really just introduced as a plot-device for Ahsoka.

True I suppose you could.

Also yeah, I wasn't too big on that, much less her surviving throughout all the OT and beyond.

I feel like Rebels pulled an Able(only far longer) with Rex and Ahsoka and it just feels weird for them to be where they are.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:40 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Totally agree.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:46 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It dialed down on the power creep we'd gotten in the Old republic and New Republic/NJO eras which is good.

It also erased a shit ton of frankly awful story lines. Everything past the first Zhan trilogy (by in-universe chronology) was basically dogshit sans a few stand-outs like I, Jedi. Draining the swamp (heh) was a good move on Disney's part. They ****ed up by replacing it all with the equally shitty timeline that is the sequel trilogy, but they get points for effort.

I'm actually fairly optimistic about the canon of the series going forward. It's been hard watching them treat the Big Three like shit on screen, but the number of pre-existing characters is growing pretty thin. Once Leia, Chewie and Ghost-Luke are permanently out of the way we'll have an entirely OC cast and Disney's writing is competent enough to handle that.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on May 16th, 2018 at 02:27 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:23 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Tzeentch
It dialed down on the power creep we'd gotten in the Old republic and New Republic/NJO eras which is good.

It also erased a shit ton of frankly awful story lines. Everything past the first Zhan trilogy (by in-universe chronology) was basically dogshit sans a few stand-outs like I, Jedi. Draining the swamp (heh) was a good move on Disney's part. They ****ed up by replacing it all with the equally shitty timeline that is the sequel trilogy, but they get points for effort.

I'm actually fairly optimistic about the canon of the series going forward. It's been hard watching them treat the Big Three like shit on screen, but the number of pre-existing characters is growing pretty thin. Once Leia, Chewie and Ghost-Luke are permanently out of the way we'll have an entirely OC cast and Disney's writing is competent enough to handle that.

Not too sure on the power creep given Rey....

But we'll see. Also you sure their writing is that competent? Because the ST has been filled mostly with Disney only characters and it hasn't...well gone that well given what TLJ did with most of the plot points set up.

I wanna be optimistic but kinda hard to given I don't see what EP 9 could really bring, other than the Knights of Ren. That and it seems they are also bringing Yoda back, for whatever reason...seems kinda dumb.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 03:56 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

edit

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on May 16th, 2018 at 05:16 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2018 05:11 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Not too sure on the power creep given Rey....
Did Rey at some point open up wormholes in space that destroy fleets, eat the life on planets, or manipulating black holes? Because I'm pretty positive that's what Blax meant by power creep. What you're talking about is more a narrative issue with Rey's relative power in the mythos being pretty unjustified.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 06:11 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by NemeBro
Did Rey at some point open up wormholes in space that destroy fleets, eat the life on planets, or manipulating black holes? Because I'm pretty positive that's what Blax meant by power creep. What you're talking about is more a narrative issue with Rey's relative power in the mythos being pretty unjustified.

Fair enough, but still I’m sure the craziness of Force powers isn’t completely done, it’ll just be a matter of time I’m sure.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:25 PM
xPRIMEx

Vader comics

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:14 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Please don't get turn into DBZ. Please stay in the realms of reality.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 16th, 2018 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd

Star Wars isn't based on reality so.....yeah. The minute the Force was introduced, reality went right out the window. Well....among other things.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 06:48 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd

For once I agree with Nadd

Old Post May 19th, 2018 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Star Wars isn't based on reality so.....yeah. The minute the Force was introduced, reality went right out the window. Well....among other things.

I think by "reality" Nadd means "internal logic of the universe".

Old Post May 19th, 2018 05:00 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote