KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Did Islam take a wrong turn?

Did Islam take a wrong turn?
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Only created this thread to discuss the history of the Islamic Golden Age (which preserved the works of Greek Philosophers thus allowing the European Rennaisance and made various scientific strides which are vital today)

As far as Islam as a religion goes, I'm ambivalent about it. In terms of people having freedom of religion, I think Islam must be tolerated as to not create hypocrisy, and as a religion is nothing more than the subjective interpretation of its follower. Personally, I think Abraham was a scummy piece of shit who nearly killed his son, the ultimate evil act, for an invisible being, thus creating the concept that religion overrides rationality, and as such, I think all 3 abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) are harmful ignorant bullshit. Which makes comments about Muhammad's pedophilia (no worse than Abraham's near child sacrifice) or islam being a "fake" religion hilarious to me.

Besides Trump himself called Islam one of the great faiths while in Saudi Arabia. We should support the President's opinion on this matter

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 01:19 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 01:12 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Near sacrifice. Because God told him to. Allah didn't tell Mohammad to marry 13 year olds did he?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 01:19 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
Near sacrifice. Because God told him to. Allah didn't tell Mohammad to marry 13 year olds.

Because God told him to? WTF does that even mean?

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 01:20 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh boy, walking away.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 01:21 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, no. Muhammad was a paedophile:

quote:
"Narrated Aisha: The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age." - Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 237.

Aisha claims that she was engaged to Muhammad when she was 6 years old, and she moved in with Muhammad when he was 9 years old. Muslim apologists argue that Muhammad married Aisha at such a young age because women didn't live as long in the 7th century, so marriages were different - this partially correct. However, young girls getting married at the age of 6 was not normal in those times either, so Muhammad's marriage in Aisha is still an act of paedophillia.

Last edited by YousufKhan1212 on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 01:35 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 01:31 AM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Oh OK. I was only talking about Muhammad's lifetime.

I'm from Lancashire.
I lived in Kendal for a while, which has a Lancaster postcode, although it's actually in Cumbria. Weird shit, never quite understood that.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 03:29 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Someone had a etantrum

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 03:44 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Verifier
It isn’t a great mystery, lack of political, economic and civil stability causes any nation to crumble, these are the pillars for which any nation needs in order for development and advancement to initiate. Most of these nations were colonialised, their resources shipped back to the metropoles of their day, their infrastructure underdeveloped and masses of their societies left impoverished and without any great foundations from which to develop their nations

The great Western superpowers fulfill these three given criteria, and are successful because of it. Centuries of independence and development, versus budding nations with less than 75 years of independence, is an unfair comparison and a biased one at that.

Lol here is the thing, they might face other problems that other nations do. The way they react to them has to do with Islam though. This is why blaming the US or other countries for the way they behave in the middle east holds no merit.

This is why blaming politics or the economy has no merit.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 07:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Todd1700

quote:
it took a wrong turn by being a fake religion

This implies there is a religion that isn't fake.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:28 AM
Todd1700 is currently offline Click here to Send Todd1700 a Private Message Find more posts by Todd1700 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lestov16
As far as Islam as a religion goes, I'm ambivalent about it. In terms of people having freedom of religion, I think Islam must be tolerated as to not create hypocrisy, and as a religion is nothing more than the subjective interpretation of its follower.

You say "Islam must be tolerated" but why? Bad ideas shouldn't be tolerated. Islam is the mother load of bad ideas(Sam Harris ftw).

Don't make the mistake of thinking all religions are equal.

quote:
Personally, I think Abraham was a scummy piece of shit who nearly killed his son, the ultimate evil act, for an invisible being, thus creating the concept that religion overrides rationality, and as such, I think all 3 abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) are harmful ignorant bullshit. Which makes comments about Muhammad's pedophilia (no worse than Abraham's near child sacrifice) or islam being a "fake" religion hilarious to me.

I find your lack of understanding the differences hilarious. Abraham isn't the figure Christians tend to hold up or aspire to be like. That would be Jesus. Jesus is just plain better than Muhammad. This is a fact. Non-pedophile non-warlord>>>>>>warlord pedophile.

In Islam, even the moderates can find it disrespectful if you draw a picture of their prince pedophile.

quote:
Besides Trump himself called Islam one of the great faiths while in Saudi Arabia. We should support the President's opinion on this matter

Indeed? So why only on this matter?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 02:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote