KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jimmy Kimmel

Jimmy Kimmel
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 10:41 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Mark calls it out.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 08:00 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
He was crying about how he could not afford his treatment without it, which is a lie. I don't believe and never will believe for a second Hollywood celebrities care about anyone but themselves.

Oh?
quote:
No family should be denied medical care, emergency or otherwise, because they can't afford it.”

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 09:07 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 09:02 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

This made me lol.

Kimmel: "I see these comments from these angry people that say, ‘What qualifies you to talk about this stuff? You’re a comedian. Go back to being not funny.’ And I feel like it’s my duty to remind these people who are so concerned about my qualifications [that] the guy you voted for? His job qualification was this,” he said, before queuing up a clip of Trump firing Meatloaf on The Celebrity Apprentice.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 09:59 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Some people would call that a deflection.

Before anyone starts, I feel the need to reiterate that I am not a trump supporter and I actually agree that Trump isn't qualified and never should have been elected.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:11 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Silent Master
Some people would call that a deflection.

I'd call it a joke erm

And it's not a deflection as he already directly addresses that question before he takes that jab at Trump by admitting he's not an expert but that Republicans in congress are ignoring what actual experts on the topic of healthcare are saying about the bill they're trying to ram through.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:42 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dreampanther
This made me lol.

Kimmel: "I see these comments from these angry people that say, ‘What qualifies you to talk about this stuff? You’re a comedian. Go back to being not funny.’ And I feel like it’s my duty to remind these people who are so concerned about my qualifications [that] the guy you voted for? His job qualification was this,” he said, before queuing up a clip of Trump firing Meatloaf on The Celebrity Apprentice.

You do realize Trump was a billionare real estate mogul before he took that job right?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 12:16 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

You do realize Trump was a billionare real estate mogul before he took that job right?

You do realise Trump was born rich and without his daddy's money he wouldn't have been able to make those deals, right?

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 02:07 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

that's not what I asked you

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 04:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

that's not what I asked you

Lol@ your sig. You can tell by the look in her eyes this is a woman who has experienced what it is like to be targeted by Bosnian snipers.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 07:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I'd call it a joke erm

And it's not a deflection as he already directly addresses that question before he takes that jab at Trump by admitting he's not an expert but that Republicans in congress are ignoring what actual experts on the topic of healthcare are saying about the bill they're trying to ram through.

Explain how it was a joke.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 07:19 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Explain how it was a joke.

Also...why can't a joke be a deflection? Especially for a comedian? Makes no sense.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 07:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder if the average joe, maybe someone who got hurt by Obamacare, would be afforded the chance to consult with Chuck about healthcare in the way Jimmy did?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 07:23 PM
Silent Master

A joke can easily be a deflection, I just want to him explain how going "but Trump isn't qualified either" is supposed to be joke. and before he says, well people laughed at it, laughing at something doesn't mean it was a joke.

To give an old school example, remember when you were a kid and saw someone trip and fall or walk into a door/wall because they weren't paying attention. you laughed, right?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 07:29 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

A joke can easily be a deflection, I just want to him explain how going "but Trump isn't qualified either" is supposed to be joke. and before he says, well people laughed at it, laughing at something doesn't mean it was a joke.

To give an old school example, remember when you were a kid and saw someone trip and fall or walk into a door/wall because they weren't paying attention. you laughed, right?

You think I stopped laughing at that stuff once I was no longer a kid? Err I mean, what?

But yeah I know what you mean.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 07:31 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stop the hammering! You have insanity in my ear piece!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 08:31 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by Surtur
He should be entertaining then. TBF it wasn't always this way. I liked him on the Man Show. It makes you wonder how he could be friends with Adam Corolla though.

This mindset of "Celebrities should shut up and stick to entertaining!" is asinine, though. It irritates me more than it should--definitely more than the opinions of celebrities who are a tad batshit or out of touch with reality--and in this case, Kimmel is not. Since when does one's occupation determine the validity of one's opinions on any variety of topics, or their right to share said opinions?

"Shut your goddamned mouth, Bill! You're a plumber! Your opinions on anything not plumbing and heating related are without merit! Don't share your thoughts unless I call and ask you why my shitter is clogged!"

"**** off with your ideas about health care, Bob! What the hell do you know? You're just a contractor! Stick to installing gutters and fixing roofs!"

It's a simple-minded and hypocritical stance...and yet here you are, doing essentially the same on the largest medium affordable to you, sharing your opinions with others you have never met.

If the rich and famous were sharing opinions you all agreed with, you'd be praising them and encouraging more like-minded celebrities to speak up. A good deal of the country, including many posters here, have defended the words and actions of obvious racists on the grounds of freedom of speech and the right to bear arms, but celebrities should remain completely silent regarding politics and government in spite of being surrounded by cameras and microphones, both on and off the job?

So many of you get bent out of shape over your precious ****ing rights, yet at the same time, you want certain groups to relinquish one the most important--if not the most important--rights of all?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 09:49 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If I had a following of millions you'd have a point. But I don't, so you don't.

I'd keep my mouth closed about certain shit if a million dipsticks listened to me. Or at the very least I'd be more self aware. Next?

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 09:58 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 09:54 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by Surtur
If I had a following of millions you'd have a point. But I don't, so you don't.

I'd keep my mouth closed about certain shit if a million dipsticks listened to me. Next?

So you believe anyone popular and/or influential should not share personal opinions because another might agree or disagree with them? Followers who agree would admire them more, followers who disagree strongly enough may unfollow them, and then there are followers who can still be fans regardless of the celebrity's opinion.

Celebrities are exercising freedom of speech, at the risk of losing popularity, and you're against it simply because you disagree with their opinions.

Your ducking is excellent, but your counter needs lots of work.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:09 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
So you believe anyone popular and/or influential should not share personal opinions because another might agree or disagree with them? Followers who agree would admire them more, followers who disagree strongly enough may unfollow them, and then there are followers who can still be fans regardless of the celebrity's opinion.

Celebrities are exercising freedom of speech, at the risk of losing popularity, and you're against it simply because you disagree with their opinions.

Your ducking is excellent, but your counter needs lots of work.

No, I feel if you're popular you should have a degree of self awareness before you run your mouth.

Do you disagree?

Also, don't say stupid shit. These folk live in echo chambers. They aren't risking losing popularity. No more than if I brag to pimps that I love whores.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:11 PM